Nock Level for Insanity?? Berger holes??

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Nock Level for Insanity?? Berger holes??

So I'm starting to tune, what is meant when they say make the shaft run through the berger holes - I'm looking at my shelf and see the two holes there - am I trying to align the bottom of the arrow with a line through the middle of the two berger holes so it looks like the bottom surface of the arrow is sitting on the top half of the two holes - make any sense??? I will rough this in and then paper tune... fwiw

Thanks
    2012 BOWTECH INSANITY blackops 29/72
    QAD hunter
    G5 Rock

arrows in the X and arrows in the woods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have my arrow centered with the holes on my Insanities, so basically the holes can't be seen when looking at the arrow, seems to tune fine that way. I'm not saying one way is better than the other, just haven't tried it the way you are describing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxfly View Post
    So I'm starting to tune, what is meant when they say make the shaft run through the berger holes - I'm looking at my shelf and see the two holes there - am I trying to align the bottom of the arrow with a line through the middle of the two berger holes so it looks like the bottom surface of the arrow is sitting on the top half of the two holes - make any sense??? I will rough this in and then paper tune... fwiw

Thanks
    berger holes are the rest mounting holes, arrow should pass some what threw the center of the hole. BT want the arrow measured from the front of the riser to the center of the arror, same distance from the back to the center of the arrow. for a starting point

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

All of mine are either straight through the center or just a hair higher.

NOT lower
    Bowtech Insanity CPX- 26-70, CBE Tech Hunter, Vendetta Stabilizer, Easton Pro Hunters , AAE Pro Max X 4, TT Smackdown, Black Hornet BH, Tightspot Quiver.
    Stan Shootoff.

I would go straight through the center.
    >>>>>~~~~| ProlineBowstrings.com |~~~~~~>
    • NEW Proprietary string materials based on increased van der waals molecular interactions
    • Increased performance due to elongated Polyolefin thermoplastic chains
    • A new era of bowstrings

I don't pay attention to Berger hole(s). I like to get the arrow even lower (and therefore closer to the bow's center) - as long as the shaft doesn't hit my gloved hand. An extra mm or two probably doesn't matter much, but maybe I'm OCD....

Quote Originally Posted by BTM View Post
    I don't pay attention to Berger hole(s). I like to get the arrow even lower (and therefore closer to the bow's center) - as long as the shaft doesn't hit my gloved hand. An extra mm or two probably doesn't matter much, but maybe I'm OCD....
    maybe you should read a owners manual some time this may inlighten you if possible