Interesting Article Regarding Facebook and Archery

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Interesting Article Regarding Facebook and Archery

I found this article on the ATA website this morning and found it interesting. Strange how some folks can take something as wholesome and family oriented as archery and hunting and consider it a negative. People never cease to amaze me. Anyway, thought it was worth sharing.

https://www.archerytrade.org/news/fa...hat-you-can-do

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Disheartening for advertisers and viewers, especially since the very biased Surveillance Book and Goog collect 46% of all online advertising spending.
    "Archery is a very humbling sport." - Bob Mackie (1954-2014); range time donator and unpaid instructor to hundreds of schoolchildren, scouts, underprivileged, and brain injured.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Get rid of Facebook, problem solved. Facebook is one more chunk of time in your life you will never get back. I rarely touch it and don't miss it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Never had any want to get on Facebook, to much B/S for me! Archery is bad, but lets feel sorry for heroin addicts?--BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boy View Post
    Never had any want to get on Facebook, to much B/S for me! Archery is bad, but lets feel sorry for heroin addicts?--BB
    Got rid of Facebook as well. Makes no sense to me how the ignorant can rule society.

I got rid of Facebook for a long time, but i find that most communication about events is through Facebook. So I've returned, but I only get on to check certain pages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah I am not into Facebook or any social media personally, but the reality is that it is a part of business these days. Sad to me, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by QSA01 View Post
    Yeah I am not into Facebook or any social media personally, but the reality is that it is a part of business these days. Sad to me, but true.
    The only reason I'm there, OK, that and the grand kids.
    Bowtech BT-X 28
    Bear Kodiak Hunter greenie

but face book showed the live stream of the guy who shoot that old man in Ohio?
    PRIME CENTERGY HYBRID FOR SELL
    LINK..Hidden Content
    PRIME RIVAL
    SITKA GEAR

Eh..unfortunate but helpful article on how to get around the liberal nonsense.

Face Book SUCKS, have NO time for it or the BS that is on it.
    Stress is Just Wasted Emotion

Alpine Ventura, D S Advantage Rest Blue, D S Advantage Sight, Archery Specialty Peep & Scope
    Alpine Ventura, DS Advantage Rest Black, D S Advantage Sight & Scope, B-Stinger

The problem is not Facebook...The problem is idiots. Facebook is a great way to keep up with Family and Friends. Facebook is what you make it.
    2010 Mathews Z7 29"/56#
    2014 Hoyt Faktor 30 29"/56#
    Easton Axis 400, 404 grains
    Slick Trick Standard 100 grain

I just wanted to say how proud I am of my score today and thank you to all my sponsors.

I just wanted everyone to know how special it was to see my little girl meet her goals today, I just love her so much

I baked a awesome casserole today and my family just complimented me so much, thanks to all of them for making me feel so loved.

Please if you are actually my friend read the following and then find 30 other people and send it to them or you really aren't my friend.

I had a bad day on the course today and didn't shoot my best but I had a good time, thanks for my friends that had my back during this.

I had so much fun typing that stuff out and my buddies are about 50/50 on this stuff, facebook is here to stay because there are some people who just have to say it and read it over and over. In all reality it is a good thing because I have less phone calls from the idiots who like to do this because back in the age of land lines they would call and you would be stuck on the phone all the time with them listening to it. Now they can do it on face book and find other idiots who do the same all day long every day and leave me alone.

I left Facebook years ago because of stuff like this.

[QUOTE=douglasjwood;1102871041]Get rid of Facebook, problem solved. Facebook is one more chunk of time in your life you will never get back. I rarely touch it and don't miss it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG

AMEN
    ALL THINGS ARCHERY!! Established in 1971

Facebook is for people with no life or hobbies other than posting pics of THEIR kids or what THEY are doing. If I want to know i'd ask. Sorry, FB is a waste of time. I couldn't care less about have 500 online friends, if I like you, you are in my phone and we talk. Let's be honest, I don't care about your trip to hawaii and I don't care about your kids Easter Basket pictures. Truth.

That said, if you run a business, you'd be stupid not to take advantage of the free advertising.

now , this is strange, I have at least a dozen places on FB that is all about archery from selling to promoting hunts to information.
    Archers helping ArchersHidden Content , Fanboys feeding their egosHidden Content
    Our Lord Standing beside you and me !!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by harleyryder View Post
    now , this is strange, I have at least a dozen places on FB that is all about archery from selling to promoting hunts to information.
    Strange, yes. It is one of the frustrating aspects of their policies. They are inconsistent in their enforcement and completely wacky in what is deemed acceptable and what is not. Kind of like the twilight zone.