Archery Talk Forum banner

BT Gold release? half moon moves by itself

531 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  redman 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue. I tighten down the set screw on the moon position and then after a number of shots and especially if I have to let down the half moon moves by itself to a hotter setting? causing me to have to reset it. It's quite annoying but actually not that surprising when I realized the set screw impacts directly on the half moon so it's basically metal on metal. I put a bit of bow wax on the set screw and will see if that does anything. Has anyone else had this issue? Do newer BT releases? use a better design then the metal on metal set screw and half moon method?

#2 ·
Mine did that too when I tightened it up with what I thought was normal torque.

Added a bit more umph to it and it was fine.

#3 ·
I'd have to look, but one of my hinges with a moon there was another set screw that had to be tightened....I know I loosened one set screw and couldn't move the moon. Another set screw had to be loosened. I then messed up thinking that set screw was the one that had to be tightened. I think it's the Zenith Comfort III, not sure though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.