Thread: Anyone use a body detox?

Question Anyone use a body detox?

Is a body detox good? I have heard it helps. But dont want to throw money away if its a fad.

Do you mean the juice/fast type cleansing or the tube up the you know what cleansing?
    2009 Quest QS33
    Victory Arrows
    Magnus Stingers
    Everything else keeps changing, I just can't help it!

LORD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

At the health food store you can get a detox that cleans your colon, urine tract, veins and vessels. It like $40 and you take alot of natrual supplments I think its 15 a day for a week to clean you out!

Well that's a relief! Get it, relief......

Do you not eat during it?

I don't know anyone that has tried it but I take all supplement claims with a grain of salt. Before spending the money on it I'd look into some home remedy style alternatives.
    2009 Quest QS33
    Victory Arrows
    Magnus Stingers
    Everything else keeps changing, I just can't help it!

home remedy=enema

My brother swears by the Body Detox supplements. He uses a Detox every six months to cleanse his system, and he says you feel awesome after using it!! Not sure exactly which one he uses, or how many different nutritional co. sell them.
    2011 ATHENS ACCOMPLICE 34
    http://www.jayhawkoptics.com JAYHAWK OPTICS YOUR SOURCE FOR VORTEX OPTICS AND ATHENS BOWS
    Team #41 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTERS
    Seeking out new sights on the strength of my feet and the courage of my lungs.

Alot of companys put out detox, i am sure they are close to the same stuff.

I used a detox program by Standard Process (www.standardprocess.com). Their products are only distributed by doctors. Before using their all vegetable based supplements, you must do a survey about your lifestyle, health issues, diet, mental health and do an optional hair folicle test. After the survey, they design a program for you. Their program really makes you feel energized and you will lose weight. Their products are a bit pricey, but the program works, if you stick to it. The DR. who reccomended Standard Process to me is a personal friend and got the products for me at cost. The process was rough for the first 2 days because you can only eat vegetables and use the supplements for the first 4 days. I had a headache for about a day and a half, but I was told to expect that. It was part of the detox process. Check out their site.

I did a detox once, I fasted and only dranks vegtable juice and water and multi-vitamins. I think on the second day I had really bad headaches up to the fourth day. Also, I pissed a dark brown stink nasty one morning and the headache went away and I felt great! But that's as far as I took it. I started eating after that, I was too hungrey to go on. There are many websites about detox and fasting. Just be carefull.

I dont want to stop eating to do a detox, I will cut back on food and do more veggies and water intake. What about just upping fiber intake will that help?

I did 5 of ten days with no food and after a couple days you dont really feel hungry anymore, it would be an easy long term diet if it didnt break down muscle. I did lemonjuice with water. After a couple days there is no bowel activity so to stay healthy you should induce it. I did this with warm salt water, Id add a teaspoon of salt to a quart of water and chug it all down, thirty min later approx you sorta run for the toilet. The specific gravity of the water is very similar to a persons blood so the intestines wont really let it through the wall into your system so there is only one normal exit if you dont through it up.lol It worked well and they say cleans out the entire digestive system with salt water which would do the trick it seems. I had the headache also for a day or two, from stopping all caffine usually but it goes away and you adapt to caffine free living after that. That is until you go off it and back on coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by white00crow View Post
    Is a body detox good? I have heard it helps. But dont want to throw money away if its a fad.
    Yes it is good it's a way to recharge, rejuvenate, and renew. It's a way you can jump-start your body for a more active life, a healthier life, But it also depends on what plan or program you will take. To help you with that and know about diffrent kinds of detoxing plan or cleansing program that is best suitable for you.

I have done a liver detox. I had to change my eating habits before I put myself in danger of immediate death. I was almost 400lbs, diabetic sugar levels, high blood pressure, liver was near cirrosis levels due to being fatty (I don't drink alcohol), I was morbidly obese and very unhappy in general. I started with a liver detox. Then very clean health low carb eating (mediterainian diet basically). Then after 3 months another liver cleanse and more labwork. Lost some weight (50ish lbs.) and my labwork was improved drastically. After 6 months and another liver cleanse my labs are all normal I lost 100 lbs. and feel amazing. I maintained my weight lose for several months and started loosing again. I have not done anymore detoxing but it couldn't hurt. I have lost 130 ish and started in a gym for the first time 2 weeks ago. I'm really loving gym time now.
    2013 PSE Drive 63# 31" draw w/Skullworks -Green Accessory Kit
    2012 PSE Vendetta 60# 31" draw Olive Brown black limbs
    QAD HDX Rest x2, Anchor Sight, TruBall Boss X 4 finger release
    60X Strings, Green/Silver w/Black Serving, Bronze/Bronze with Black Serving
    Beman ICS Hunters 300 at 30.5" - 2" Blazers using AZ Mini - Rage 2 blades

Instead of paying 40 dollars for the scam of detox. Just eat healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Instead of paying 40 dollars for the scam of detox. Just eat healthy.
    exactly, and also hit up the sauna, and eat lots and lots of fruit and veggies along with a ton of ater and that will shock your body into a cleansing if you havnt ate healthy in awhile....and its the natural way instead of a stupid detox drink
    Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain

I think ive heard doctors and nutritionists say that though the cleanses will indeed clear you out, it also clears out everything bad and GOOD. Any probiotics any kind of good bacteria in your stomach is released. So no it's not good, you'll only be healthy if you eat and live healthy. That one cleanse won't do anything, same with diet pills, it'll help you lose weight, but if you dont keep up your regime, it's all coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    I think ive heard doctors and nutritionists say that though the cleanses will indeed clear you out, it also clears out everything bad and GOOD. Any probiotics any kind of good bacteria in your stomach is released. So no it's not good, you'll only be healthy if you eat and live healthy. That one cleanse won't do anything, same with diet pills, it'll help you lose weight, but if you dont keep up your regime, it's all coming back.
    yeah they do clean you out, ive done a detox drink and i felt weird for a few days..it just seemed un-natural...
    Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain

Detox and cleanse are not at all the same. Most people assume these are cleaning out the bowels. However, I think the OP is asking about detoxing the body from toxins that can build up in your fat cells. These toxins are ingested via food and our enviroment. They are no good to us and can build up in our fat cells until we lose the fat.. When loosing weight the fat cells release the toxins and your liver has to work overtime to rid these toxins. This particular detox helps your body rid these toxins and boost you liver while working overtime.

This is by far more useful than a bowel cleanse. A bowel cleanse is not for everyone, and I would be leary of this for myself. I'm sure these cleanses can be useful for some but a bowel cleanse can be had via clean eating and fiber intake. Detoxing your body is much more useful and I will detox myself at least once a year maybe more.
    2013 PSE Drive 63# 31" draw w/Skullworks -Green Accessory Kit
    2012 PSE Vendetta 60# 31" draw Olive Brown black limbs
    QAD HDX Rest x2, Anchor Sight, TruBall Boss X 4 finger release
    60X Strings, Green/Silver w/Black Serving, Bronze/Bronze with Black Serving
    Beman ICS Hunters 300 at 30.5" - 2" Blazers using AZ Mini - Rage 2 blades

So this detox is supposed to take some of the stress off of your liver to get rid of these toxins? How would it do that?