Thread: NAA Board of Directors Elections...

NAA Board of Directors Elections...

As I understand it, the NAA board of directors will be elected this coming August.

The potential directors are to be selected by the "nominating committee" and then voted upon by the membership.

Does anyone know who is on this nominating committee? And if so, how do we go about submitting potential candidates to the nominating committee?

August is getting pretty close....

Always Strive to do What is Right
    PM me if you'd like to own your own archery store in Huntsville, AL
    BEST Zenit Riser
    W&W Limbs
    REDHDCHARM string loop material

yeah a very interesting question. I know the NRA has a nominating committee but individuals can be put up for election by petition of the membership (though the nominating committee spends lots of money endorsing the people they choose)
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

Try calling the NAA office, they may be able to tell you who is on the committe. Or try Neil, he may know.

Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
    Try calling the NAA office, they may be able to tell you who is on the committe. Or try Neil, he may know.
    I asked Mr. Foster. He seemed to think that the nominating committee had not yet been formed.
    BEST Zenit Riser
    W&W Limbs

Quote Originally Posted by Recordkeeper View Post
    I asked Mr. Foster. He seemed to think that the nominating committee had not yet been formed.
    some how that is not surprising at all
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

BOG Candidates

I have been the Chairman of the nominating committee several times in recent years. The Chairman is selected by the President of the BOG. Other members of the committee are generally proposed by the Chairman and approved by the President of the BOG.

The Election committee then selects candidates. According to the NAA By-Laws Article V, Section 5.6 (b) an additional member's name may be placed on the ballot by a petition signed by at least 5 members and submitted to the BOG at least 45 Days prior to the election.

These are from the current NAA by-laws. I presume that they will or have been modified to include the new classes of directors.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL B View Post
    I have been the Chairman of the nominating committee several times in recent years. The Chairman is selected by the President of the BOG. Other members of the committee are generally proposed by the Chairman and approved by the President of the BOG.

The Election committee then selects candidates. According to the NAA By-Laws Article V, Section 5.6 (b) an additional member's name may be placed on the ballot by a petition signed by at least 5 members and submitted to the BOG at least 45 Days prior to the election.

These are from the current NAA by-laws. I presume that they will or have been modified to include the new classes of directors.
    Thanks Bill! Actually, it was my review of the new bylaws that brought my question about. It is obvious that the NAA and the USOC want US Archery to be governed by a set of folks that have diverse backgrounds with concentrations in business management and audit.

I am wondering how this process will move forward, and time seems to be getting short. I know of some great potential directors, but don't know how to go about bringing them to the attention of the nominating committee because there has been no announcement about who is on that committee.
    BEST Zenit Riser
    W&W Limbs

Anyone know? The election is scheduled in less than 60 days.

BEST Zenit Riser
    W&W Limbs

Seems reasonable. The election is finalized at the Outdoor nationals which start the week of August 6th.