Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Quivers..show us your best.

Custom Quivers..show us your best.

Guys, I've seen tons of pretty custom bows, but hardly any of cool Quivers. There has to be some out there....what have you got?

Here's one I just built to match my bow, which is made from an Elk antler, but the quiver is made from a Colorado mule deer, a coyote face, bison, and some diamondback skin..........

www.archeryleather.com Art makes some of the fanciest leather I've seen--pictures don't do his work any justice.

Chad
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP

This is just a simple plains style quiver I made from a $5 leather remnant and an old aluminum arrow. It's ugly as sin, but holds more than enough squirrel arrows to keep me entertained for a while.

Fisher, Redfox, and Artic fox...

Wyvern
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is just a basic back quiver lined with rabbit.

This is my latest. It is lined with bear hair and has a belly strap to keep it in place and a pocket for an extra glove, tab or other small items.

This one a little bow quiver I made.

This one is made from oil tanned leather and lined with bear.

Last edited by ItchyBro; June 20th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoofire1 View Post
    Guys, I've seen tons of pretty custom bows, but hardly any of cool Quivers. There has to be some out there....what have you got?

Here's one I just built to match my bow, which is made from an Elk antler, but the quiver is made from a Colorado mule deer, a coyote face, bison, and some diamondback skin..........
    Now you're just showing off.

Amazing works of art, does it attach to the bow or is it carried separate?

Josh
    Remember it's not how far away you can shoot a deer it's how close you can!!!
    WhisperStik Kajika RC 56"...59@29"
    WhisperStik Kajika 60" RC & LB...both 55@29"
    Martin Savannah LB...50@28"
    Kota Kill-um 60" RC...55@28"
    Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverstacy View Post
    Now you're just showing off.

Amazing works of art, does it attach to the bow or is it carried separate?

Josh
    I handled that longbow at Cloverdale. Believe me, the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. That thing is amazing.

Man, those are really cool!!!

The quiver is a side carry like a GFA style, carried it at a local 3-d shoot monday, and it worked fine, didn't have a problem at all........
    Sure appreciate the kudos on the bow, it's my first elk riser,and it turned out better than I could have imagined, I'm finishing up #2 now for my buddy Marblesonac, he collects fancy bows,so I did a little relief carving to it, threw on some pretty gloss,pewter decorated antler burrs, bocote and boo limbs, been on it for 3 days solid.. looks a lot better than mine does............Steve

here's mine

Elk antler riser...now thats a feat...

Its Buffalo hide w/coyote fur

Pics of my quiver

Here's my quiver...it's the first one I've made, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Now that I've used it for a while, I want to do another one with a pocket for nocks and stuff, but this one does the job! It was fun to make too!
    Archery Chick

''Female archers can make you quiver...."

Quote Originally Posted by Glamgirrl View Post
    Here's my quiver...it's the first one I've made, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Now that I've used it for a while, I want to do another one with a pocket for nocks and stuff, but this one does the job! It was fun to make too!

I really like the red toe nails!
    I Think It Went That Way -->

WoW, there's some aweful nice quivers being built, some awesome talent out there too, I love home/hand made things , anyone can buy stuff off the shelf, which is fine, but there's just something about making it yourself that really trips my trigger.
    Yep them nails are pretty, but did ya notice the bondage touch on that red fox quiver of Wyvern's?..lol,lol.

Wyvern, I've gotta red fox quiver I'm workin' on right now. I'm leavin' the head on, and need to order some eyes for it. Yours looks like it would be a lot quicker, and probably less hassles. Hope mine turns out as good lookin' as yours. It'll just look like an arrow swallowin' fox, I hope.

Ummm hmmmm, thought you might, Farley! Why don't you post some pics of your quiver? ( and maybe YOUR toes?!)
    Your quiver is awesome too!
    Archery Chick

''Female archers can make you quiver...."

Quote Originally Posted by Glamgirrl View Post
    Ummm hmmmm, thought you might, Farley! Why don't you post some pics of your quiver? ( and maybe YOUR toes?!)
    Your quiver is awesome too!
    Now you're just sucking up.
    I Think It Went That Way -->

These are 2 of the many quivers I have made. The one with the Racoon hide is about 5 years old (about a days worth of work)and the Red one was made last month (in about 14 hours). I have a few friends in the SCA I made quivers for and a couple of buddies from back home. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by ScarletArrows; November 22nd, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

quivers

Here are a couple I have made

"One shot One Kill"
    "TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow"
    www.jimposten.com

Man o' man, those are some nice ones!!, ....but I prefer the "rustic" simple look myself....... which I believe translates to " I don't know how to tool leather,Waaaaaa!",lol,lol.

"but did ya notice the bondage touch on that red fox quiver of Wyvern's?..lol,lol."

Hmmm....never really thought of it that way....it was more of a throwback to my heavy metal headbangin days...

OK, I still headbang, but being bald and middle aged it looks REALLY bad....

Wyvern

Wow, some of those quivers are just gorgeous. Makes mine look so lame :-P

Before fox mask:

Fox mask attached:

I've been meaning to add some sort of fur tassels to match the fox mask, but I've been unable to find what I'm looking for. I got some squirrel tails that were the same color but stupidly I didn't realize squirrel tails come with bone

very nice...

[QUOTE=Albertakid;4815384]Here are a couple I have made [QUOTE]

Hey my initals are JS...I want that one. Very nice indeed.

Josh
    Remember it's not how far away you can shoot a deer it's how close you can!!!
    WhisperStik Kajika RC 56"...59@29"
    WhisperStik Kajika 60" RC & LB...both 55@29"
    Martin Savannah LB...50@28"
    Kota Kill-um 60" RC...55@28"
    Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!

Man do I love a good back quiver! Very nice peeps

Quivers

I admire those who have imagination and ability...especially those who can tool leather into works of art.

Voodoofire1.............I like your handicraft and sure would like some closer pics of your bow handle. Who's limbs are on that bow?

Toes! The sight of mine would shock even those with cast iron stomachs......losing 3 toenails (those would be the one with the black nails lol). Nothing like a 100 KM run to give your feet some character. My feet are always suffering from the pounding I give them. I'll save you from the sight of them lol.

ehntr, here you go, these were taken before I did the carvings...

The lighter elkbow,I built for my friend Rob, and I built everything , risers, limbs,strings.....may have to sell mine though, don't want to, but we've had a serious run of bad luck lately with our vehicles, blown engine, 4wd transmission, fuel pumps, wife's driving the old woodhauler to work... not a happy camper!................Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast