Archery Talk Forum banner

Custom Quivers..show us your best.

6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  sunaj 
#1 ·
Guys, I've seen tons of pretty custom bows, but hardly any of cool Quivers. There has to be some out there....what have you got?

Here's one I just built to match my bow, which is made from an Elk antler, but the quiver is made from a Colorado mule deer, a coyote face, bison, and some diamondback skin..........

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Here is just a basic back quiver lined with rabbit.

This is my latest. It is lined with bear hair and has a belly strap to keep it in place and a pocket for an extra glove, tab or other small items.

This one a little bow quiver I made.

This one is made from oil tanned leather and lined with bear.

#6 ·
Okay...

Now you're just showing off.:tongue:

Amazing works of art, does it attach to the bow or is it carried separate?

Josh

#9 ·
The quiver is a side carry like a GFA style, carried it at a local 3-d shoot monday, and it worked fine, didn't have a problem at all........
Sure appreciate the kudos on the bow, it's my first elk riser,and it turned out better than I could have imagined, I'm finishing up #2 now for my buddy Marblesonac, he collects fancy bows,so I did a little relief carving to it, threw on some pretty gloss,pewter decorated antler burrs, bocote and boo limbs, been on it for 3 days solid.. looks a lot better than mine does............Steve

#11 ·
Pics of my quiver

Here's my quiver...it's the first one I've made, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Now that I've used it for a while, I want to do another one with a pocket for nocks and stuff, but this one does the job! It was fun to make too!

Attachments

#13 ·
WoW, there's some aweful nice quivers being built, some awesome talent out there too, I love home/hand made things , anyone can buy stuff off the shelf, which is fine, but there's just something about making it yourself that really trips my trigger.
Yep them nails are pretty, but did ya notice the bondage touch on that red fox quiver of Wyvern's?..lol,lol.

#14 ·
Wyvern, I've gotta red fox quiver I'm workin' on right now. I'm leavin' the head on, and need to order some eyes for it. Yours looks like it would be a lot quicker, and probably less hassles. Hope mine turns out as good lookin' as yours. It'll just look like an arrow swallowin' fox, I hope.

#22 ·
#20 ·
"but did ya notice the bondage touch on that red fox quiver of Wyvern's?..lol,lol."

Hmmm....never really thought of it that way....it was more of a throwback to my heavy metal headbangin days...:)

OK, I still headbang, but being bald and middle aged it looks REALLY bad....

Wyvern

#21 ·
Wow, some of those quivers are just gorgeous. Makes mine look so lame :p

Before fox mask:

Fox mask attached:

I've been meaning to add some sort of fur tassels to match the fox mask, but I've been unable to find what I'm looking for. I got some squirrel tails that were the same color but stupidly I didn't realize squirrel tails come with bone :confused:

#24 ·
Quivers

I admire those who have imagination and ability...especially those who can tool leather into works of art.

Voodoofire1.............I like your handicraft and sure would like some closer pics of your bow handle. Who's limbs are on that bow?

Toes! The sight of mine would shock even those with cast iron stomachs......losing 3 toenails (those would be the one with the black nails lol). Nothing like a 100 KM run to give your feet some character. My feet are always suffering from the pounding I give them. I'll save you from the sight of them lol.

#25 ·
ehntr, here you go, these were taken before I did the carvings...

The lighter elkbow,I built for my friend Rob, and I built everything , risers, limbs,strings.....may have to sell mine though, don't want to, but we've had a serious run of bad luck lately with our vehicles, blown engine, 4wd transmission, fuel pumps, wife's driving the old woodhauler to work... not a happy camper!................Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.