Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milk???good Or Bad

Milk???good Or Bad

I was reading the thread on diet drinks and someone mentioned milk and thier children.I used to do more about eating right and excercising but havent been latley.BUT............I've spent some time in the library years ago researching nutriton on my own and found that milk does not do a body good.

One of the best books I read was ''FIT FOR LIFE''.The authors last name was Diamond.and basically said that milk was toxic to the respiratory system.that we as young children loose enzymese it takes to digest milk especially cows milk.ask any respiratory therapist and they'll tell you that anyone in the hospital with bronchill(spelling) problems that they will take them off all dairy products.so since I read the book in 1990 I haven't been a mild drinker since.I do have an ocassional bowl of cereal or ice cream of course.

The book was one of the best I've read as he explains what just about every kind of food does in the body.and how we should properly combine our meals and eat certain things at certain times of the day.

for example........4am to 12pm.we should only eat fruit cause its nearly 100% pre digested so the body doesnt have to exert any energy for digesting and therefore the energy is targeted towards detoxification.then from about 12pm till 8pm porperly combined meals.meaning lean meats and vegatables together only.

do not eat fruit after a meal because it requires no digesting so therefore it sits and ferments on top of the other food while digesting and may cause indigestion.

no drinking while eating and if you do no more than 4 ounces of water.too much water can dilute your digestive enzymes which water is used to dilute some of the strongest acids there is.

DO NOT combine more than 2 concentrated foods at one time.anything that is not a fruit or a vegetable is a concentrated food.example.................. ..steak and potato's.
    if you are having meat with your vegies do not combine it with another concentrated food.......rice,posta,potato,b read,nuts,etc.meat and vegies only.therfore proper digestion takes place in 2 to 4 hours instead of 8 to 12.

the body secretes 2 enzymes.one to digest a protien and one to digest a starch.if the 2 are secreted at the same time they nutralize each other so therforre no digestion or very little takes place.so the body keeps dumping more and exerting more energy to digest an improperly combined meal and now you feel like taking a nap!!

after 8pm nothing other than fruit and your are supposed to wait at leat 2 hrs after a meal to eat fruit.

the 3 cycles of the body are as follows
    #1. the detox cycle.average occurance is from 4am to 12pm.
    #2. the appropriation cycle.....from 12pm to 8pm
    #3. the assimilaton cycle......from 8pm to 4pm.

the times are on average for everyone.

if you are going to eat anything other than a properly combined meal after 12pm like a piece of cake or some sort of snake it should be eatin alone.AND at least 2 hrs after a properly combined meal!!

our saliva is aklakinic and not acidic.our saliva and our teeth and our digestive system were not designed for tearing or digesting meat.mainly for fruits, nuts and vegetables.

now i still eat meat but i try only with vegetables and fill much better afterwards.the book tells you what sugar,alcahol,milk,meat,vegeta bles,chocolate,and just about everything else that we ingest does in our bodies.I've read other books by nutrisionist that pretty much say the same thing.

detoxing the body daily or at least monthly would probably keep most of us from ever getting sick or terminaly ill.

well thats my $.02 for the day.I must get back to work.wish i could say more

have a blessed day

dont beleive everthing you read

Quote Originally Posted by stump water View Post
    dont beleive everthing you read
    well maybe so.........but a # of nutrisonist agree on a lot of the same things.

I do belive milk is not good for you.
    I had ear problems and respitory problems when I was young(6 sets of tubes and asthma)I eventualy out grew the problems.
    One of my twin boys has a seiriuos problems with dairy products,we keep him totaly off of milk(he get ice cream now and again),but other than that no cheese,no yogurt,no milk.
    I have 2 sisters that are deaf from the ear infections they had when young,and that has been added to milk alergies.My parents didn't know at the time (or the times 60's) that milk was damaging.They were lucky enough to find out befor me and my brother lost our hearing.
    So thats my take on milk,I rather drink calcium rich OJ instead.
    BBJ

I hear what you are saying but, I always like to travel back into the past.

What were they drinking besides water back in the day? They turned out fine.. i think!

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post

What were they drinking besides water back in the day? They turned out fine.. i think!
    how do youi know they turned out fine.you dont.im just telling you what the facts are about milk and the human body.look at the obesity in america today.
    all the fast foods and sugary processed products.NOT GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by BareBack Jack View Post
    I do belive milk is not good for you.
    I had ear problems and respitory problems when I was young(6 sets of tubes and asthma)I eventualy out grew the problems.
    One of my twin boys has a seiriuos problems with dairy products,we keep him totaly off of milk(he get ice cream now and again),but other than that no cheese,no yogurt,no milk.
    I have 2 sisters that are deaf from the ear infections they had when young,and that has been added to milk alergies.My parents didn't know at the time (or the times 60's) that milk was damaging.They were lucky enough to find out befor me and my brother lost our hearing.
    So thats my take on milk,I rather drink calcium rich OJ instead.
    BBJ

OJ.....agreed.the government subsidises the dairy industry as well as the beef.you think the gov is goin to educate the public on this....I doubt it.some ppl are more lactose intolerant than others.

if it was good they wouldnt make a product like dairy ease

have a good OJ

Quote Originally Posted by zwalls View Post
    look at the obesity in america today.
    all the fast foods and sugary processed products.NOT GOOD
    I agree. I can't speak from experience but i think Obesity is a choice. If you want BK or Mickey D's instead of chicken breast with veggies at home... that is your choice.

Oh yeah... the most used excuse i have heard lately is... I am just to busy to eat lunch.... in the background eating a large bag of cheetos.

They are just now starting to "look into" what the fast food industry is doing to our health. I think not thoroughly enough.

On the other side , The polititions are probably slowing down the investgations b/c the business owners were paying them off anyway. Bus. owners are claiming the reports were hurting their companies success. Well duh!

If they would have started investigating when they first started way back then they might not be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post

Honestly I think they drank mostly wine!

Quote Originally Posted by pink camo View Post
    Honestly I think they drank mostly wine!

oh yeah and moonshine..... LOL

We used to run a small dairy. Milked about 25 cows. Drank milk straight from the tank. I don't know what they do to it at the processing plant, but I can tell you I never had a problem with milk.

Simple glass of milk....good for you
    Simple glass of milk with a stack of Oreo double stuff cookies...not so good

I worked on a dairy farm, and I can't stand milk to this day. With all the crap that goes into cows (e.g., hormones), milk just grosses me out. We go to the neighbors' house for dinner, and the adults are drinking a glass of milk. Disgusting. I just pretend ice cream has nothing to do with milk, and most times, I can convince myself. We have cut way back on all animal products and only eat "organically raised" (I have no idea what that means, ask my wife) beef. All I know is that after years of chronic ear infections and upper respiratory ailments, my children have been 100% illness free for over a year. Their pediatrician gave my wife a hard time about it, but we give them all kinds of green leafy vegetables and other sources of calcium.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJAG2 View Post
    I worked on a dairy farm, and I can't stand milk to this day. With all the crap that goes into cows (e.g., hormones), milk just grosses me out. We go to the neighbors' house for dinner, and the adults are drinking a glass of milk. Disgusting. I just pretend ice cream has nothing to do with milk, and most times, I can convince myself. We have cut way back on all animal products and only eat "organically raised" (I have no idea what that means, ask my wife) beef. All I know is that after years of chronic ear infections and upper respiratory ailments, my children have been 100% illness free for over a year. Their pediatrician gave my wife a hard time about it, but we give them all kinds of green leafy vegetables and other sources of calcium.
    On ''GOOD MORNIN AMERICA'' there was a 12 or 13 yr old girl with a constant bleeding issue and they couldnt find the problem so they were goin to do a hysterecromy on the little girl when the father did some research and found out that the problem was coming from the chemicals or steriods,or whatever was added to the milk.took her off ther milk and the problems gone.not so much the milk but what they are giving the cows nowaday isnt helping!

We didnt give our cows steroids nor do we give any other animals we raise steroids. I can't speak as to what other dairies may or may not feed their animals.

Quote Originally Posted by KRobinson View Post
    We didnt give our cows steroids nor do we give any other animals we raise steroids. I can't speak as to what other dairies may or may not feed their animals.
    i know every dairy is not guilty of it but some are and its ashame the good have to suffer for the bad

NOTHING against the farmer who doesnt!!

Cisco,
    I see where you are coming from,but the other thing is we didn't have al the food mass produced.
    I was watching something on the chemical break down on margrin,it cam eto find out there is one molocule seprating it from plastic,now that can't be good for you.

Look back in the day how many familes raised their own gardens,raised their own beef and had milk cow.They wern't eating stuff outa aluminum can or a box,or wrapped in wax papper and came on a truck.
    there are more chemicals stuffed into a gallon of milk or bottle of pop than most pepoles kitchen cabinet.
    BBJ

Speaking of chemicals, my grandfather was an agricultural chemist. He had THE best garden ever. You would not believe the tomatoes. Of course, when he died of liver cancer (from exposure in the labs), his shed became a superfund site.

Talking

Simple glass of milk....good for you
    Simple glass of milk with a stack of Oreo double stuff cookies...not so good
    WHAT!!?? When did this change!?

Quote Originally Posted by BareBack Jack View Post
    Cisco,
    I see where you are coming from,but the other thing is we didn't have al the food mass produced.
    I was watching something on the chemical break down on margrin,it cam eto find out there is one molocule seprating it from plastic,now that can't be good for you.

OMG

I agree.

SO what you are saying "Z" is that you are worried about getting a beer belly from drinking milk?

As much as you shoot a day.. Try running to get your arrows instead. That should do it!

WOW. This is the first I have heard milk being blamed on hearing loss, respiratory illnesses, etc. I have been a long time chocolate milk addict and have 2 large glasses a day with lunch and supper. I love the stuff and don't suffer from any of the things mentioned above. I personally think those things were/are linked to hereditary, and any number of toxins and crap that are in the food we eat, air we breath, and things we drink, not just from milk.

Lien2

Quote Originally Posted by KRobinson View Post
    We used to run a small dairy. Milked about 25 cows. Drank milk straight from the tank. I don't know what they do to it at the processing plant, but I can tell you I never had a problem with milk.
    It is the pasteurization process but most importantly the homogenization process that makes the milk we drink now so unhealthy. If you smoke and drink milk your arteries are clogging badly,probably without you knowing it until...........

You guys do realize that Donald Rumsfeld and the Zionists are behind milk, right?

I don't think it's a coincidence that my kids instantly stopped getting sick after dramatically altering their milk consumption.

OK I can over look bow brand bashing, but when you start talking bad about my bossies, I take it personal....

If you don't like the way milk tastes, I can understand that, if you are lactose -intolerant, I sympathize. But don't overlook the years of nutritional research that consistantly shows milk and dairy products as nutritionally dense foods witha well earned place in a BALANCED DIET.

We are Mammals. Our digestive system evolved to process the Amino acids Carbohydrates and fats in milk.

Feb. 27, 2006 — Chocolate milk is an effective postexercise drink that improves recovery, according to the results of a small, randomized trial reported in the February issue of the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism.

"Our study indicates that chocolate milk is a strong alternative to other commercial sports drinks in helping athletes recover from strenuous, energy-depleting exercise," coauthor Joel M. Stager, PhD, from Indiana University in Bloomington, said in a news release. "Chocolate milk contains an optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio, which is critical for helping refuel tired muscles after strenuous exercise and can enable athletes to exercise at a high intensity during subsequent workouts."
    Regarding obesity, here is a link to studies showing milks role in a healthy diet. These are peer reviewed, published studies.

Regarding nutrient content:
    Milk has an excellent nutrient profile, providing significant amounts of high-quality protein, calcium, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin equivalents, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, and when added, vitamin D, as well as several other essential nutrients. In fact, milk is a nutrient-dense food, providing a high nutrient content in relation to its calories.
    Here is a link to the nutritional breakdown of milk;

Regarding Hormones in milk here is an exerpt that I think explains the FDA's Findings on rBST.
    There are several reasons why bST, which is naturally present in cow’s milk, does not have any physiological effect on humans consuming the milk. bST is species-specific, which means that it is biologically inactive in humans. Also, pasteurization destroys 90% of bST in milk. The remaining, trace amounts of bST in milk are broken down into inactive fragments (i.e., constituent amino acids) by enzymes in the human gastrointestinal tract, just like any other protein.(8,9)
    Here is a LINK to the FDA's Report

Much of the misinformation perported about milk is put forth by Animal Rights groups who are pushing a vegan lifestyle. I have yet to see any peer reviewed research that supports any of their claims.
    Last edited by Rack Tracker; June 20th, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
    “... hunting is a lonely sport, ...a hunter is essentially a lonely man, more often than a ‘lone’ man; and the bigger the game, the lonlier it gets” Edison Marshall, Heart of the Hunter

Western Wanderer Hunting and Life in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Lien2 View Post
    WOW. This is the first I have heard milk being blamed on hearing loss, respiratory illnesses, etc. I have been a long time chocolate milk addict and have 2 large glasses a day with lunch and supper. I love the stuff and don't suffer from any of the things mentioned above. I personally think those things were/are linked to hereditary, and any number of toxins and crap that are in the food we eat, air we breath, and things we drink, not just from milk.

Lien2
    I'd have to agree with this one>>

It doesn't matter what type of milk White or Choc. As long as it's at least 1% I drink and have drank about a Gallon a week and am totally healthy. Hasn't killed me in the last 30 yrs so I think I'll stick with the milk for now..
    TRU-FLIGHT CUSTOM ARROWS LLC
    Dealer for the following great products: Victory, Black Eagle Arrows, Harvest Time, Bohning, Spot-Hogg, Trophy Taker, Muzzy, Vantage Point, S4 Gear, Blacks Creek Guide Gear, Rip-Cord,
    ASAT CAMO, Vendetta Stabilizers, MT. Black Gold
    NEW BREED STAFF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast