Thread: cascade release?

cascade release?

does anyone here shoot one of these? saw one in a shop the other day and the idea seamed good. if fires when you relax your thumb and release the triger. any input would be apreciated.

Cascade

Some of the best french archers use the cascade from spot hogg.
    You will need to give it a good try before you know if it's going to improve your shooting.
    I shot a cascade for many years and I like it, until I started to anticipate...

I have been shooting a Cascade for a few years now, after trying almost every type of release aid known due to severe target panic.
    Some superb scores have been shot here in Australia with Cascades.
    The Model 10, which can be reversed to a standard thumb trigger has quite a different trigger action in "relax" mode than the model 8.
    I prefer the Model 10 for the less trigger travel.
    I depress the trigger before drawing, anchor & relax the hand .
    Noticed on the video from the 2003 world target Championships that Sandrine Vandionant, a brilliant top female French archer also uses her Cascade like this this.
    I hope this inspires you.

cascade

ive been shooting these releases for about 5 years now, love it..helped cure the bad target panic i had......i only shoot them in the relax mode(press to set relax to release)...theres no differance shooting it the other way than shooting any other release.....they do require some time and practice....not that others dont but these( in my opinion ) need a little more.................SuPeR DaVe

release

GREAT RELEASE but I have to tell you a story. when they first came out years ago I bought one well being kinda slow brain wise. I went to the local archery range proud as a peacock I had the newest on the market stood on the fireing line every one was watching. drew back anchored aimed settled in relaxed the thumb and of course my fingers relaxed also the release went forward along with the arrow the only thing that stoped the release from beating the arrow to the target was it hit my bow and left a big mark in it the release was laying on the floor all broke up my face was red there went a hundred dollar bill out the window I called the company the owner laughed said send it back in and i,ll return it with a new one that has a wrist strap for fifteen dollars the moral is when you relax only relax your thumb
    good release tho

cascade release

I started using one to hunt when I started back tension. Hand position was the same and I had control of he release.I have 2 #8 and a #10

ROB B

FYI, I have one of these for sale in the classifieds for $60 shipped.

Don't want to post for sale here, but thought someone might appreciate it.

Joel

I tried a friends Cascade for a few shots. I got the YIPPPS so bad after a couple shots with that relaxation technique; I almost missed the target. I think it really takes alot of practice.

Hi Tate,

I would say BUY ONE!! So i can try it

Alex

the guy at meka has em. going tomarrow to get some stuff if i got enough left over ill get one.ill let ya know.. sounds like the 10 is the better model i take it.

lost american

If you really want the best out of the relax release, you need to go for the #8.
    If you dont have enough left over, you can PM me... I have both, used, and available.

for those who dont know already i believe the release is made by spot hog i am not shure how they are related to cascade but I am prety shure spot hog makes them and sells them also

Regarding these "yips" with a Cascade.
    I believe the model 10 in relax mode has less travel than the 8.
    Perhaps better in this regard.
    I took to it immediately after target panic with a Carter thumb release.

El Dorado Hills, California, United States of America
    I shot one for a while, and for some reason it just didnt feel right to me. The part that scared me the most was after you click it, its really scary to let down for me.

The cascade 8 is a single sear ,and the 10 is a double sear , there is 3 times the thumb travel or more in a 8 compareing to a 10. Hands down, The ten is twice release,with less movement it teaches you to aim, aim, aim, relax,relax,relax, it can be shot both on pressure and off pressure. The 10 is adjustable with a good secret being , the change of the springs under the thumbtop base, makeing it shoot quite differentlyand not changeing anything internally.
    >~~~~~> Z

cascade release

My wife has shot one for a couple of years. I tried six releases one afternoon and then my wifes cascade. I was shooting a hunter style, trigger release, and was having a problem with anticipating the shot and pulling off target. Have been using the cascade release for over a year now, no anticipation, and higher scores. I now have a couple of these releases, as well as two for my wife. I have the model 8 and model 10. I prefer the extra travel with the model 8. May take a little getting used to, but worth the effort IMHO. Good luck

thanks for the info everyone. i bought the 10 and am going to try my luck with it tomarrow. ill let ya all know how it works out...alex you can try it at the tournament in march..