a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: the violating neighbour

the violating neighbour

We pretty much all have one. My question is do you report them knowing that it will make things worse for yourself. I reported my neighbour, he knew it was me and he reeked havoc on my hunting for years. And guess what he kept on violating...perfect. I keep on reporting his massive bait piles and illegal stands but it does little,very frustrating. I wish the penalities were stiffer.

That sucks. Just keep reporting him. And adventually if the warden keeps writing him tickets he will get his license to hunt pulled. Then if his hunting then he will get arrested. So just keep doing what your doing.

Talk to your local CO. Most of the time they can keep their informants confidential.

Lincense? He hasn't had a licence for years. the Co has kept me confidential but this moron just lashed out at both his neighbours, me and another guy.
    Last edited by shell waster; July 31st, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

Well all you need to do is get the warden out there when you know for a fact he is hunting or better yet has a deer hanging in his back yard. Enough tickets he will stop.

Not a bad idea DRT. This guy isn't a neurosurgeon, so I am sure it will not take much effort to pattern him.

its unfortunate that when people try and go through the proper channels to protect our sport, that there are not stiff enough penalities in place to keep from having a situation like this.

i know its a lot of work and its frustrating at times, but i believe the above posters where correct. just keep reporting him and doing all you can, hopefully the system will work, eventually.

just be smarter than him and you could get the situation resolved sooner rather than later

How would you know all of this unless you were tresspassing on his land?

maybe the guy only has a few acres and its easy to see.

maybe he has all fields and its easy to see.

maybe where he is doing all this illegal hunting and poaching is right next to shell washer's property line and ITS EASY TO SEE.

maybe he has deer hanging up all year long.

maybe he has a big mouth and always talks about his 'trophey'

lets not attack someone for asking for help/advice. he is trying to protect his rights as a hunter and he is doing all of us justice by reporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsvenom View Post
    maybe the guy only has a few acres and its easy to see.

maybe he has all fields and its easy to see.

maybe where he is doing all this illegal hunting and poaching is right next to shell washer's property line and ITS EASY TO SEE.

maybe he has deer hanging up all year long.

maybe he has a big mouth and always talks about his 'trophey'

lets not attack someone for asking for help/advice. he is trying to protect his rights as a hunter and he is doing all of us justice by reporting him.

amen to the not bashing the person doing the right thing report him until he stops and if he dont stop call the state troopers in and let them know whats going on maybe hes friends with this so called game warden no im not pointen fingers just staten that if the warden keeps writen these tickets and he keeps doing maybe hes not getting tickets. maybe u need to talk to DNR headquarters
    ELITE ARCHERY 2007 SYNERGY
    70 pounds 29.5 draw
    GT/XT HUNTERS 55/70
    100 Grims

i got tired of reporting

got tired of reporting a new neighbor who frequently crosses to our side of the fence. they also do not tag button bucks as anything, and rarely tag there does. they live real close to the lease and as such they get a way with it.

with nothing ever coming of the reporting, they now have placed a corn feeder within 200 yards of feeders we've had out for years. so of course they kill off the young dumb yearlings that would normally feed safely at our feeders.

finally went to the beuty shop and asked for al the hair they sweep up weekly, take that and scatter it around his feeders and hey !!! where did all the deer go

Just Curious

Just curious as to how this guy wreaked havoc on your hunting? If he's jumping the fence and trespassing maybe you've got pictures on trailcams? Is he shooting anything and everything (I guess that would do it!).

We had a guy living by our property who had two deer in the back yard that he was chopping up and feeding to his dogs. We reported him, but he is an American Indian and just said he shot them on the reservation. I guess they don't need a tag on the res. We're pretty sure he shot them on our place, but have no proof.

Shadow Man

if he's on his own land I would keep my nose clean.. neighbor fudes can last for years and get real ugly .. over what a deer??? just not worth it if you already reported him to dem wma or wardens then you need to tell their superiors that they are not preforming thir duties and let it go at that. OH dont forget to mention we pay their salries

yeah, we do pay their salaries but isnt that the same reason he should use everything in his power to report this guy? i mean, whats the point of paying for something if we cant use it cause we are scared of the results?

i just got done having a conversation about personal responsibility and how many people look to point a finger. or how people are afraid to do the right thing because of the implications it may bring.

shell waster, your better than having a fued over a deer yes, but its also very worth the effort. if nothing else, dont we owe it to the animals we are trying to hunt? if the deer are being killed year round, they are NEVER safe and thats one reason we have conservation laws in place.

one person hunting year round for a number of years could have major effects on the population in that area and unfortuantely, shell waster, your kids maybe left with land but no deer or fewer deer. its not worth sitting on your hands and hoping this guy gets caught. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by adamsvenom View Post
    yeah, we do pay their salaries but isnt that the same reason he should use everything in his power to report this guy? i mean, whats the point of paying for something if we cant use it cause we are scared of the results?

i just got done having a conversation about personal responsibility and how many people look to point a finger. or how people are afraid to do the right thing because of the implications it may bring.

shell waster, your better than having a fued over a deer yes, but its also very worth the effort. if nothing else, dont we owe it to the animals we are trying to hunt? if the deer are being killed year round, they are NEVER safe and thats one reason we have conservation laws in place.

one person hunting year round for a number of years could have major effects on the population in that area and unfortuantely, shell waster, your kids maybe left with land but no deer or fewer deer. its not worth sitting on your hands and hoping this guy gets caught. Just my .02
    And he did he's there to report crime it is their job and duty to enforce the law..If wardens are not going to enforce laws then lower my taxes and I'll take care of it myself..

Arrow

I look at it as reporting it there is some type of record about this. I would sdo the same thing I have guys that think my land is their 4Wheeler play ground since it is over 3 hrs drive to get there they seem to come on often and since you are not a law enforcement officer in the state you can only report them and they want the ORV Number off of it but you would be lucky to get that number as small and long as it is off one flying by you. It is the same with tresspassers they come on all the time even though there is a fence line up they just continue on. You have to confront them and they play dumb and tell them to please leave. A friend has some property 80 acres and a guy bought a lot next to it and thinks the 80 acres is his private hunting land. He seems to set up ladder stands and ground blinds cutting branches off trees to make the ground blinds as well to get his stands in place. When my frined confront him and told him to remove his ladder stand and climbers give him a day to pull them he then took them down himself and now each time he is there to hunt he has to check his stands because they are damaged and shot up with a shotgun. It is just odd people have no respect for others property. His dad work hard to buy it and now his dad is gone and he is the only one that hunts it we are concerned if we hunted there what would happen after leaving a ladder stand there for a week we came back it was in pieces on the ground.

Seems that some just think because they have a lot next to it it is there for their use... It is sad when others that hunt take this idea as good sportsmanship...

Here in Michigan the Trespass Laws are so weak it is a waste of time reporting it after the fact but you can only try to stop them from wrecking the sport so many of us like to enjoy...

Sad but true,,, only takes one to make it tough for all of us to enjoy hunting...

Hope they finally get this guy and put an end to your headache...

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,