a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Luminocks - Legal in PA?

Question Luminocks - Legal in PA?

I picked up my PA hunting license last night and while reading the "Updates" page for the coming season I read that the commission was meeting in June (after press date) to discuss several proposals, one of which would prohibit "Electronic illuminating devices that are affixed at the aft end of a bolt or arrow and used solely for the purpose of locating or tracking bolt or arrow flight after being launched from a crossbow or bow." (Hunting & Trapping Digest, July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008 - pg 7)

Does anyone know if any decision was made by the commission on this? I could find nothing on the PCG website.

Also, are Luminocks electronic or chemical lights? I don't know if the warden think that would that make a difference.

Just interested if anyone had info on this.

All I know is that they are definitely electronic, as they are battery powered. Now, it sounds like if you could come with something like one of Trophy Ridge's Nitro lights (miniature light stick) and afix that to the "aft end of the arrow" it would be legal, hmmm, did I just come up with something there?

I find it hard to believe the PGC would make the Illuminocks illegal, but I'll see what I can find.
    3 Bowtech Destroyer 350s

For Sale: Kahles 3.5-10x50 American Hunter w/ TDS Reticle $600

Actually, and I could be wrong here...... but. I read it as they were trying to approve the use of electronic devices for arrow tracking. It is already illegal in PA to use any electronic device for the purpose of harvesting game. I have not heard wether or not they DID approve the use of illuminocks. I will try and find out though. Good luck this season.