Thread: IBO World Trophy Class

IBO World Trophy Class

I just read a response from Judy at the IBO on the IBO fourm, it stated that the trophy shoot never has been a world champonship shoot but has been a shoot hosted by the host city ect. ie a local shoot. I am confused, I finished fourth in 05 and my trophy says IOB world champonship, Snowshoe WV trophy division, the IBO list results as world trophy class. I have talked to a few people that placed this year and there trophy said Anderson Classic, has the IBO done away with the trophy class? I just wondered if things has changed or if they never was, if this has changed i think that it's going to make a lot of people upset with the IBO.

Well my first question would be why do they need trophy class at all? What purpose does it really serve?
    "Odocoileus Virginianus"-Mother Nature's original fast food
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm way smarter than you Juan.
    Steelers in 2015!!!!

The trophy class allows those that have not qualified to come to the worlds and participate in the sport they love. They can compete and have fun. They can see vendors and talk about the days shoot and be part of the family of archers. I hope the continue the Trophy Shoot portion of the worlds.

For example MOI. I didn't get a chance to shoot any qualifiers this year. I would have hated to miss the Worlds.
    '09 Rytera Alien X/Extreme Sight/QAD HD/AEP Stab/TRU Ball Beast Wriststrap
    Target arrows: Easton Flatliner 500s - Hunting arrows: Easton FMJ 400s/Muzzy 3-Blade 100s

Why wouldn't you qualify? It's as easy as falling off a log. I think I was forced to qualify in three different shoots last year alone. Qualifiers are everywhere.
    "Odocoileus Virginianus"-Mother Nature's original fast food
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm way smarter than you Juan.
    Steelers in 2015!!!!

It cost less to shoot Trophy Class as well. I think The IBO has enough money..
    Lumberport Archery Club
    IBO Member
    Hoyt Charger
    Rip Cord
    Fuse 3 Pin