a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Bowtech Black Knight 2

Bowtech Black Knight 2

what do you guys think about the bowtech black knight 04 man it has some massive speed hows the forgiveness on it and how accurate it is and is it really quiet ?? looking for a new bow eaither mathews , hoyt , or bowtech and heard alot of good stuff about the mathews and bowtech i have a hoyt and its all right but i want to get a new one.

HAVE NOT SHOT BLACK KNIGHT, BUT HAVE SHOT PATRIOT DUALLY,
    LIBERTY, EXTREME VFT,MIGHTY MITE. IF IT'S ANYTHING LIKE THESE
    ITS AWESOME,GO FOR IT!!
    I AM A MATHEWS OWNER (LX), I THINK BOW TECH HAS THE BETTER PRODUCT.

Thumbs up Black Night

Great bow I have two of them I uses them for hunting 3D & spots. For 3D spots set up. 29in draw 58 # 390 gr arrow 350 linejamer 27in 284fps Hunting 6075 Terminator hunter 28in 500gr 60# 29In draw 250fps. I JUST LOVE THIS BOW and so does the littlewingnut check out the YF class in the IBO for score and her 5 1st place victory last year. Her set up is 46# 27 in draw arrow cxl 150 256 gr arrow 285 fps. . You can't go wrong.
    Last edited by awingnut; January 26th, 2004 at 11:21 PM.
    We don't rebuild We reload! Go Wings!

They're a good bow, but I wouldn't say the best. With todays bows being as good as they are they are closer in performance for energy expended drawing them than some would let on. I can shoot my LX accurately many more times than I can the Black Knight, it just takes more to draw it. I'm experienced (read old) enough to realize that pure speed isn't always a good thing.

I agree, speed is nothing if you cant hit what you are aiming at

Originally posted by tmarch
    They're a good bow, but I wouldn't say the best. With todays bows being as good as they are they are closer in performance for energy expended drawing them than some would let on. I can shoot my LX accurately many more times than I can the Black Knight, it just takes more to draw it. I'm experienced (read old) enough to realize that pure speed isn't always a good thing.

You can't go wrong with a BowTech. You might look at the Pro 40 Dullay. I am shooting 68 pounds with 29 inch draw with 2613 with 100 grain points at 280 feet per sec. The arrow weight is 448 grains. now thats awesome. Plus you still have a 7 plus inch brace height with a 38 inch axle to axle.

Out of the box, My Pat Dually did 286 fps with a 457.4 grain arrow at 71/29 with a measured 7 3/4 inch brace
    It's not a speed bow,,,,, it's a power house
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Not any faster than any other 2 cam bow? What other 2 cam bow?

The bowtech guys had "custom" black knight at the ATA show shooting 358fps w/ "high" let off and 362fps w/ "low" letoff (heard later they got it up to 360 and 365). This was w/ a 350gr arrow, 67# , and 28 3/4" draw. Also heard they shot it w/ a goldtip 5575 w/o a point (300gr) and it went 390fps.

I switched last year to the 2003 black knight 2. I have shot and owned several well know brand name bows and I can tell you that the BowTech is hands down the best bow I have ever owned or shot. I have mine set at 63# shoot ing a 380 grain arrow @327 fps. (31 " draw). Not only is it fast, it is acurate and with the long riser extremely easy to hold steady. Compared to a Mathews it does seem quite stiff to draw, but the power has to come from somewhere. I would clasify it as stiff, but smooth. Nice wall and hand shock is non existant.

OhioBowhunter, what's your draw length, and what are you intending to do with a BKII? Unless you have a short draw, an 04 with 5 3/4" brace is going to be touchy to form errors. They are very accurate and pretty quiet considering the big speed. Recoil and vibration are not bad either.

One quick correction, the draw weight on those final #'s was 69.7lbs and the draw was 29 1/4", but the speeds are correct.

Norb Mullaney came by and measured everything himself . He was very impressed, as was everyone who saw it.

There is not another 2 cam bow or any bow for that matter that can come close to it in IBO speed. Of course it is up to you to decide how important that it is. Speed is ultimatley not that important ( I can't belive I just typed that), but is sure is FUN!

So by virtue of the transitive property, the Black Knight is the most fun bow out there.
    I love the smell of dentin in the morning.

"they say the empty can rattles the most
    the sound of your own voice must soothe you
    hearing only what you want to hear
    and knowing only what you've heard"

Lightbulb You must be confused

Originally posted by pdq 5oh
    OhioBowhunter, what's your draw length, and what are you intending to do with a BKII? Unless you have a short draw, an 04 with 5 3/4" brace is going to be touchy to form errors. They are very accurate and pretty quiet considering the big speed. Recoil and vibration are not bad either.
    As I said before, the BKII can shoot anything from 3-d to spots to hunting. Funny, I happen to shoot a 29" draw and I don't seem to have that problem with it being "touchy." What attracted me to the bow was the hard wall, the long riser, and last but certaintly not least I can shoot 350 linejammers and get 285. Alot of the time guys get to wrapped up in the axle to axle and brace height. You seem to be overlooking the fact that this bow was designed by the MASTER!

MASTER

thats not my design!!!!
    but i will agree....
    it can with the "nuts" shooting them beat most brace ht. and axle lengths....
    oba

Thumbs up bk2

I have two, and I am looking forward too a flat trajectory ninety meters next summer shooting cartel arrows so thin and lite
    the adverts say it has a fifteen second mile,just lovin it

I have a 02 and an 03. My 02 I have had it up to 348 fps at 29" draw and 63#. At 5 gpp 5.5 brace height. I hunted with it as well as shot 3-D and dots with it in the same day. My 03 blk knight shoots 337 fps at 30" draw and 60# 6.5 brace height The bow is a lot more forgiving than people think because of the low brace hieght but if your form is good no problems but if it is not so good Id suggest the pro 40 dual. From Bowtech they have told me that is is the best dual cam they have put out yet. My 04 Pro Forty is on the way and look forward to shooting it. will let ya know how well it is.

Team Bowtech
    Straight Shot Archery Products
    Team Extreme

WHILE YOU'RE LOOKING AT PRO 40 YOU MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT THE PATRIOT DUALLY.A LITTLE SHORTER FOR HUNTING BUT STILL
    GOOD SOLID WALL,HIGH SPEEDS,MORE FORGIVING.

Thumbs up OBA AND BOWTECH

Will we see a BOWTECH in your hands soon....

And a PURPLE Black Knight is like having a custom dragster in your hands...it is not only pretty but fast. Mine is not super fast because it is a 50 lb pull BUT while everyone is sweating pulling back 70 lb bows, I can stand there for quite a while to get the shot right (not that the arrow always goes where I want). Lighter pull weight, faster arrow because....I don't know, I guess you just feel everything working together. I love that distinctive sound of two cams rolling together. You can't get that feeling with a single cam.

Thumbs up RIGHT ON

Originally posted by Nexus6
    And a PURPLE Black Knight is like having a custom dragster in your hands...it is not only pretty but fast. Mine is not super fast because it is a 50 lb pull BUT while everyone is sweating pulling back 70 lb bows, I can stand there for quite a while to get the shot right (not that the arrow always goes where I want). Lighter pull weight, faster arrow because....I don't know, I guess you just feel everything working together. I love that distinctive sound of two cams rolling together. You can't get that feeling with a single cam.