Archery Talk Forum banner

California archers check in

67K views 572 replies 299 participants last post by  Bows N' Roses 
#1 ·
So. Calif. archers check in...
who ru?
where do you shoot?

We all probably know each other and just don't realize it.

#344 ·
Riverside,Ca. here.
I am a member of Oranco Bowmen so I shoot there alot. I also shoot up at Mojave Archers range and at Riverside Archers range.
Oranco is having a big 3-D shoot tomorrow, Sunday the 10th. It is a fun shoot.
Don.

#345 ·
Checking In from the High Desert, in Victorville. We shoot at the Apple Valley Gun Club once in awhile who has an archery range they open up to the public the 2nd Saturday of the month to help gain membership.
But I mainly shoot in tournaments at the Mojave Archers Club range in Phelan. Their practice range has targets stops set every 10 yards from 10 to 100 yards, and 10 to 70 meters. It also has a huge, HUGE walk-thru 3D range on 55 acres of desert land. The largest tournament they hold has more than 60 targets, and there are well over 70 shooting lanes. "Markers" on each lane are set for various ranges out to as far as 80 yards to accommodate NFAA, JOAD/NAA and IAA organizations.
They also have various 3D targets set all over the range in all kinds of natural cover. You could spend all day out on the range.

#349 ·
I'm a member of SBCA.... c'mon down.... i'm parcticing trad shooting again.... be fun to shoot with ya. see ya down therrrree

Right now I am shooting in families backyard in Palos Verdes but will soon be moving to South Bay Archery Club, and seeing the other posts might try out Hi-tech and El Dorado[/QUOTE]

#352 ·
Hey Armyarcher63 and sippycup2010. I work in Adelanto but live in Riverside. I have shot 2 shoots at the Mojave range,took a first and a third.
I belong to Oranco Bowmen and shoot at that range every weekend. Let me know when you might be down that way sometime and we could hook up and shoot togeather.
Don.

#353 ·
Hello from Cerritos! I'm a relatively new shooter (casually shot for a semester in college, but haven't shot since). I learned a few things from that semester, so I'm in the process of buying equipment for a recurve bow. Back in college, I think the club shot in El Rancho Park (or whatever the name was) on a street called Motor Street or something.

With the exception of there and a state indoor tournament I shot at in Tulare in 2009, I haven't shot elsewhere. From where I currently live in Cerritos, it seems like some good options are Hi-Tech Archery, OC Archery, and El Dorado Park in Long Beach. Any input about those places?

Also, for Hi-Tech Archery, does anybody know the price for using the range? I think someone mentioned $10 for an all-day pass, but I was wondering if they had a pass one can buy for the month, half-year, year, etc.?

Another Hi-Tech Archery question: on their website, it says it's $10/week for their indoor 18m target leagues on Tuesday and Wednesday. Does that $10/week cover both Tuesday and Wednesday, or would that be $10 per day... so $20 for both days of the week?

Many thanks in advance!

- Abe

#354 ·
3-D shoot this weekend

There is a 3-D charity shoot this weekend at the Oranco archery range. They are on the corner of hiway 71 and Euclid Ave. in Chino.
Shoot starts at 9:00 am. Come on out and have a great time and drop off a toy for a kid.
Don.

#355 ·
Just found this thread. See screen name. My local shop TLC Archery in Buellton Ca. That just happens to be on my buddys 20 acre ranch. Indoor 20 yards. Out side out to 60 yards. Other than that at the local club when they have open shoots( no open memberships). SYV Bow Club. If you are in the area there will be the 'I hate the parade shoot' on the first of the year.

#357 ·
Riverside, Ca here. I shoot at Riverside archery but go to 3d shoots at oronco and Bear State (used to be a member there as well).
I shoot a long bow and a compund depending on who Im shooting with that week.
Kodiak Titan 32
Howatt Bushmaster 55#@28

#359 ·
Sonoma County here - Clint. Shoot in my backyard and up at Lake Sonoma where there is a world class shooting course. going to try 3 D shooting later this year.

Lots of pigs and turkeys here, too.:teeth:

#361 ·
Elk Grove here. Just picked up a nice Bowtech Assassin as my first bow. Looking to get in some shooting before turkeys open up this weekend but not looking like the rain will cooperate.

Would love to connect with any Elk Grove archers specifically. I gather there used to be a club out here. Otherwise I'll see you guys out at El Dorado and Yolo soon.

#362 ·
I am in Humboldt county, shootin mostly at the indoor and the outdoor range of the Humboldt Archers Club. Unfortunately, we are about to lose our outdoor range. The company that bought the land it is on does not want us there. I guess we're too much of a liability. So we are looking for another piece of land in Humboldt county that we could have an Outdoor field archery range. If anyone happens to know of somewhere, let me know, I am on the Board of directors for the club.