Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: California archers check in

Hi,

I shoot at El Dorado Park, great range, when not closed off for soccer bales need to be replaced though). Usually shoot early weekend mornings.

jkcerda - were you shooting your own bow at the Bass Pro? I went there the first day it opened and tried a Martin Savannah longbow. I only got to shoot 3 arrows and the bow was taken away from me. I think I was grouping their new arrows a little too tightly and they don't want me to damage arrows

ttt
    P.I./ W&W4L/ Whatever... Pro Staff

Thumbs up my own

Quote Originally Posted by JhoneilC View Post
    jkcerda - were you shooting your own bow at the Bass Pro? I went there the first day it opened and tried a Martin Savannah longbow. I only got to shoot 3 arrows and the bow was taken away from me. I think I was grouping their new arrows a little too tightly and they don't want me to damage arrows

i did not shoot on opening day; & yes I shoot my own; I dont want to try others as I know i cant walk away with them if I like them.

I only shoot there when I cant make it to Advantage archery; I am Usually at Advantage Archery on tuesdays, but I am going to miss this tuesd. due to remodeling..

I am trying different things wth my bow right now, adjusting sight, offset stabilizer, etc.

just trying to have fun & see if there is something that could help me be better.

what remodeling?

Remodeling

that would be in my house, not the shop!

Victory

New guy in town!
    I stop at the Bow & Arrow shop in Lakeside every Sat. I have been in over 1000 archery shops and this shop is the best shop I have ever been in. Bruce Marshall is a great guy and his wife Renee is HOT NICKSTER works there and its a great place to stop in and shoot the bull, and you all know I am good at that! We will start a 20 yard indoor league at the Victory Office this winter. I forgot we don't have winter January 2008
    Bow & Arrow 619-443-5488
    Closed Monday
    Bart Lawhorn/Owner
    Deer Crossing Archery LLC
    "At the intersection of Quality and Economy"

I would love to have more of your California Clubs listing their shoots on www.3dshoots.com

We have a few but I think there is a lot more out there.
    Chris Christenson
    Obsession Archery

Venice Beach here. I shoot at Rancho Park from April to November and Hi-Tec December to March. For distance shooting Woodley Park. Field shooting Pasadena Roving Archers.
    Archery is not a sport...It's a discipline
    "Archery is not about bows and arrows, it's about your ability to control your body consistently to achieve a desired outcome."- Larry Wise, Core Archery
    Target bow - 2010 Hoyt Contender Elite XT3000, Quicktune 3000 rest, 2012 Sure Loc Lethal Weapon sight, Donkier 11.5" Carbon Elite and CCPorter Mako release

Is Rancho Park a public range?

Another San Diego guy here. I do most of my shopping at Performance Archery. I do most of my shooting in my backyard, but practice longer ranges at Balboa. I'll also hit up the SD Archers', and Bear State's 3d's when time permits. All that said, during this time of year I can most often be found atop Mt Laguna looking for a deer to send an arrow through. I'll be up there today!

Quote Originally Posted by target1 View Post
    Is Rancho Park a public range?
    Yes.
    Archery is not a sport...It's a discipline
    "Archery is not about bows and arrows, it's about your ability to control your body consistently to achieve a desired outcome."- Larry Wise, Core Archery
    Target bow - 2010 Hoyt Contender Elite XT3000, Quicktune 3000 rest, 2012 Sure Loc Lethal Weapon sight, Donkier 11.5" Carbon Elite and CCPorter Mako release

Tustin here. I shoot at Hi-Tech twice a week and El Dorado, Mile Square(rare), and Santiago park in Orange.

Still SoCal @ Heart

Well I moved back to Wisconsin 4 years ago but my heart is still stuck on the Easton range @ Woodley Park. Used to have keys to the place & shoot up to 100 meters @ night by Coleman light. Made the cholos & cholas jaws drop shooting business cards on the 20 yard range. Belonged to Verdugo Hills Archers for a while, excellent range in Sunland/Tujunga. Pony Express was a bomb of a pro shop when the Japanese guy was running it. Sorry I don't remember his name. Had a pal with a cabin above Lake Gregory in the San Berdoo Nat'l Forest. Lotsa great archery memories out there but never bow hunted. Only gunz. Them whitewings were nutz!!
    Minimum

"the Cholos"...

900 round shoot

How many of you are going to the 900 round at Morley Field in San Diego nrxt weekend. I heard Dave Cousin will be there with a few great shooters! I hope I can bring my A game I never shoot a 900 field shoot before and I am getting ready.
    Bart Lawhorn/Owner
    Deer Crossing Archery LLC
    "At the intersection of Quality and Economy"

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Rcher12 View Post
    "the Cholos"...
    Hey Jaun, they're talking about you again.

Lived in Canoga Park & Arleta. The cholos were cool. Felt way safer than with the "bruthas" here in the jungle
    Minimum

hey hey hey...I didn't name names!

nope!

I dont qualify!

myself, republican beaner, bald by nature not choice, pants ABOVE my butt, drive dodge megacab not lowered; i have not tattoed my name as I remember WHO I AM;
    served with pride USN.

besides who has heard of a drive by with bows.

maybe some of the democrats who have seen
    Van helsing a few too many times!
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

ttt

Hello!

Chris cheicking in from San Diego. Started about a month or so ago with a wooden ragim bow with 34#. Shoot atleast 3 times a week at Balboa in the afternoons or at Performance when i get the chance. Looking to get into competition recurve shooting.

ttt

so cal

ttt
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast