a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: California archers check in

i know there is more of you...

P.I./ W&W4L/ Whatever... Pro Staff

Target 1 hows that range in Cherry Valley where they held the State Broadhead Championship ? Is it open to the public ?
    09 Diamond Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Net170 View Post
    Hi,

I shoot at El Dorado Park, great range, when not closed off for soccer bales need to be replaced though). Usually shoot early weekend mornings.
    I shoot at El Dorado Monday morning and noticed that target bales ( 3 of them) are lying on the ground and the rest are worthless. I shoot my hunting arrow ( no BH ) at 55 yards it pass thru the bales landed near the wooden fence 40 yards in the back.
    09 Diamond Iceman

range

is Pasadena too far away from you? (sorry dont know where el dorado is)

their bales & range are in great shape, 3-d shoot every 3rd sunday of the month.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Quote Originally Posted by tatso7 View Post
    Target 1 hows that range in Cherry Valley where they held the State Broadhead Championship ? Is it open to the public ?
    It's a nice place, but it is private. I think the club members use it for free and the yearly dues are only $50. Not bad...I'll probably be joining myself here shortly.

I shoot at El Dorado Monday morning and noticed that target bales ( 3 of them) are lying on the ground and the rest are worthless. I shoot my hunting arrow ( no BH ) at 55 yards it pass thru the bales landed near the wooden fence 40 yards in the back.
    I grew up shooting at Eldo. I am sad to hear it's in disarray. Although I know of a few groups that shoot tourneys there on occasion and have not heard anything metioned as to the conditions.

ttt

ttt

Until they replace the bales, your best bet is to bring your own target stop. I have a Morrel YellowJacket Fieldpoint bag target I bring to the El Dorado. Keep a rope in my truck and use it to hang the bag target in front of the bales.

Does anybody here hunt A-31 ( Angeles ) ? I went last year (my first time) only saw one doe. Havent have a shot. Thinking of trying it again this coming December.
    09 Diamond Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by target1 View Post
    It's a nice place, but it is private. I think the club members use it for free and the yearly dues are only $50. Not bad...I'll probably be joining myself here shortly.
    $50 is not that bad. I heard Oranco is raising their dues again.
    09 Diamond Iceman

ttt

Why

Does anybody here hunt A-31 ( Angeles ) ? I went last year (my first time) only saw one doe. Havent have a shot. Thinking of trying it again this coming December.
    wait untill dec?

do you need a partner?

there are a lot of places to hunt as far as a-31.

azuza, GMR, San dimas reserevoir.

if you want does GMR is the place.

saw my first buck in san dimas.

they seem to be ruthing already.

good luck.

BTW I am going this weekend sat or sund.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

ttt

WOW were was everone when i was in town. As you can see im from twentynine palms and could not get any info on place to shot or clubs. Well maybe when i get back (in Iraq NOW) i will be able to start a thread like this and find some of you nice people and show me around. I love to shoot and do it everyday till i got caught by the Military peolice and was ticketed for shooting my bow in the middle of the deser. They said they had to because it was military property and i did not have promission to shoot there. I lived right over the hill. Any ways hope to talk to you all when i get home in a month.

Not bad. Its free. They have about 12 targets/bales. You can shoot to 100 yards. I believe it is own by the county and maintain by Triple B Clays who operates the shotgun range on the other side. Not to many people go there but it is crowded during hunting season..
    Well your half right. It is free but they definitely need to get the tractor in there and drag the weeds out. I shoot in order El Dorado LONG BEACH PARK, Then if they are busy go to Whittier Narrows, Then to Mile square HB. Don't really like the indoor ranges. But have shot at DC in Monrovia. Hi Tech Fullerton And OC there by HB. Live in Norwalk. And El Dorado needs to replace there bales of hey. falling apart, and the arrows will go completely through. So I use my own target tied to the front of it.
    You can take a man out of the Country, But you will never take the country out of a Man. And always remember everyone is loved! Some when they get here some when they leave.

If he shoots El Dorado then he can make it to Pasadena about 25 minutes from there. El Dorado Is off the 605fwy and Spring st. In Long Beach.
    And I didn't realize how many people here are local to myself. I was feeling like a misplaced country boy. I know that on Thurs. nights they have the long beach hunters club shoot El Dorado.
    You can take a man out of the Country, But you will never take the country out of a Man. And always remember everyone is loved! Some when they get here some when they leave.

It's amazing how fast a post moves to the second page on this sight. Makes you wonder if some of this stuff is even getting read or just pushed to the back pages. I think this is where some of the smaller boards do have an advantage.

Lets move this back to the front page to give the afternoon crowd a shot at chiming in

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Huya View Post
    Lets move this back to the front page to give the afternoon crowd a shot at chiming in
    ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Huya View Post
    Well your half right. It is free but they definitely need to get the tractor in there and drag the weeds out. I shoot in order El Dorado LONG BEACH PARK, Then if they are busy go to Whittier Narrows, Then to Mile square HB. Don't really like the indoor ranges. But have shot at DC in Monrovia. Hi Tech Fullerton And OC there by HB. Live in Norwalk. And El Dorado needs to replace there bales of hey. falling apart, and the arrows will go completely through. So I use my own target tied to the front of it.
    As I have learned from old timer that still go there, that range used to be one of the best around Socal. If you notice, the back stops for 3d targets is still there but run over by bushes and weeds. The story is that when they still have that 3d range archers used to hold barbeques ( and beer ) during weekend shoots and they accidentally burned that place. A couple regulars tried to talked to the triple B management about reviving the 3d range but he said no, as it will raise his insurance. Be aware that there's a lot of coyotes and they are not afraid of human presence, I actually shot and killed one thats too agressive ( I always have my hunting quiver with me ).
    09 Diamond Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    WOW were was everone when i was in town. As you can see im from twentynine palms and could not get any info on place to shot or clubs. Well maybe when i get back (in Iraq NOW) i will be able to start a thread like this and find some of you nice people and show me around. I love to shoot and do it everyday till i got caught by the Military peolice and was ticketed for shooting my bow in the middle of the deser. They said they had to because it was military property and i did not have promission to shoot there. I lived right over the hill. Any ways hope to talk to you all when i get home in a month.
    When you get back, give us a yell.
    09 Diamond Iceman

there are more and more of us everyday...

When you get back, give us a yell.
    I sure will. The thing that get me is a bought a hunting liceasen last year and could not find anyone to help me out now this well this is a great start. Talk to ya'll in a month

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast