Thread: jager grip installation??

jager grip installation??

my jager BEST grip for my x-factor arrived recently and i would like to install them in such a way that they are easily removable if i decide to to so....with my previous loesch grips all i had to do was put double sided tape on the riser and force fit the grip and thats it...i tried it with the jager but it would not stick..i think it could be that the inside of the jager grip is not exactly flat unlike the loesch which had a lot of the inside surface in contact with the tape....i can always use an overwrap but don't really want to do this....i would appreciate any suggestions...many thanks for any replies...

I have a PSE Intrepid handle and the grip isn't drilled. Tried three kinds of silicone, no success. I wrapped black electrician's tape around it a loop at the top and one around the bottom and it works fine.

Thumbs up

I built up the side of the grip area on the riser by adding a layer of duct tape, (maybe two I can't remember) then I simply slipped the grip on. The extra thickness makes a nice tight fit and it stays in place without any problem.

it just amazes me how people cant figure out how to install a grip with out screw holes , silicone does work just use enough it aint rocket science. for a more perminant install liquid nails or a good adhesive the tape should work but i would think after a while it might loosen up glad i could help, you will find this grip far better than anything on the market good luck

It appears that installation materials and perhaps instructions might be a "grip improvement" to be inclided in the grip packaging from the supplier.

I recommend the use of silicone adhesive. Just place a thin bead along the spine of the bow, press the grip in place and put some tape around the grip overnight. When and if you need to remove it, simply tear off a length of dental floss and work it into the gap between the riser and the grip. The dried silicone can be removed with your fingernail.
    New 2011 Sky Conquest Advantage with SKY Premium Select Limbs
    Grip Tinkerer
    http://www.jagerarchery.com/

"Necessity is the Mother of invention, but Lazyness is the Father." -Me-

oh thats way to easy

thanks for all the replies guys!...may have found a way though...got some thicker double sided 3M tape( the one with foam that says 3.0m thickness)...put is on the spine and press fit the grip and voila!!....it worked....there is also one with 5.0m thickness for those who still find the 3.0m thickness not enough....PS..now that it appears i have solved the grip installation problem i just ordered 2 more grips for my other 2 x-factors!!...it is really good!!....
    Last edited by jmvargas; August 31st, 2007 at 12:12 AM.
    two x-factor(25") set-ups with sure-loc supreme/ quest-x /hoyt super rest,cavalier champion II rest,beiter plunger and clicker, soma cex2 29" rod, doinker chubby backweight,fomax damper,jager grips....70" 26# samick athlete limbs..68" 34# border HEX5-H mk2 limbs..32# 68" border CXG limbs...mckinney II 725 arrows...PLUS spigarelli explorer II barebow riser..

was just advised by paul jager that they now offer these grips with a screw mount...halelujiah!!!
    two x-factor(25") set-ups with sure-loc supreme/ quest-x /hoyt super rest,cavalier champion II rest,beiter plunger and clicker, soma cex2 29" rod, doinker chubby backweight,fomax damper,jager grips....70" 26# samick athlete limbs..68" 34# border HEX5-H mk2 limbs..32# 68" border CXG limbs...mckinney II 725 arrows...PLUS spigarelli explorer II barebow riser..