Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quietest quiver for hunting

quietest quiver for hunting

Looking for a new quiver- I like a 2 piece but a 1 would be fine. I just want it to be quiet. I am not worried about the cost. Any ideas?

The one piece Alpine soft-loc is so quiet, it makes your bow more quiet than without it!
    Rytera Bullet-X (Nitrous-X).
    Goldtip Xt Hunter/NAP Spitfire, G5 Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    .....I don't want to continue to argue over AR.....

Any fuse 2 piece

Red arrow archery llc staff Team Illinois

Cheap Camo tube hip quiver from Wally World. Only hunting quiver I will ever use again.

2nd vote for Alpine quivers, they are one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by maddindian View Post
    2nd vote for Alpine quivers, they are one of the best.
    me 2. It really does make your bow quieter

New Dawn Horizons VORTXX - STX
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When in doubt, show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.
    Good Luck hunting to all..

4 th vote for the alpine....how can it not be quiet.
    2010 PSE Vendetta XL, Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2012 PSE Dominator 3D Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2014 PSE Supra Max, Doinker,CBE,Goldtip Arrows.

fuse is the best I have had on any bow! Have the 6 and 4 two piece, both are the posi lite....

I have the absolute quietest quiver you can get, Don't shoot with a quiver on your bow, hang it on a hook in your tree. There you have it the quietest quiver out there.

I don't understand this new trend of shooting with a quiver on, its noisy and it cants your bow.

I never use a bow mounted quiver.. too noisy, too much hangin out to get caught on stuff, too much chance of damaging a nock when moving with bow in hand, always checkin to make sure the arrows aren't slipping, imbalanced bow, etc....... I much prefer a back or hip quiver. I use a back quiver and won't look back..

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    The one piece Alpine soft-loc is so quiet, it makes your bow more quiet than without it!
    Absolutely!! Best Hunting Quiver IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by IGluIt4U View Post
    I never use a bow mounted quiver.. too noisy,
    I'll have to disagree with you on that one Sticky!

On a lot of bows, a well made quiver with arrows in it can quiet a bow down!!
    Last edited by benton; September 11th, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Here's another vote for the Fuse 2-piece quivers -- very solid, simple, light, compact, and super quiet -- probably make the bow quieter if anything.

I wish I could find a posi-lite with the PSE/Bowtech mount to go on my Iron Mace . . .

Randy Ulmer did an article recently about bow mounted quivers where he proved (in his opinion at least) that a quiver does not affect hunting accuracy at all, mentioned that modern 2-piece quivers like the Fuse models absorb energy and quiet the bow, and for his personal use he prefers a bow-mounted quiver over a hip quiver, cat quiver, or detachable bow quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by EMK View Post
    I have the absolute quietest quiver you can get, Don't shoot with a quiver on your bow, hang it on a hook in your tree. There you have it the quietest quiver out there.

I don't understand this new trend of shooting with a quiver on, its noisy and it cants your bow.
    I never consider myself a trend setter but if you say so. I have been shooting with a quiver on for atleast 10 years. I currently have an alpine 3 arrow quiver and I practice with the quiver on during the off season and it is absolutely quiet and my bow is not canted.

I have shot with a bow mounted quiver all my life. It has been proven that a quiver does not affect point of impact enough to make a difference in hunting situations. I read an article in Whitetail Journal last night about quivers that stated this.

quiver

Alpine soft lock, but I shoot with it off because I have had deer on the back side of the tree and the quiver hit the tree and my stand and I couldnt make the shot.

Lou.

Catquiver!

L-train Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLAM95 View Post
    New Dawn Horizons VORTXX - STX
    Im with GSLAM95 on this one, great quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
    Catquiver!
    I am with you Mike! I absolutely love my Catquivers!!

I carry mine in a quiver that attaches to my belt. It hold my arrows well and most of all its quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    I never consider myself a trend setter but if you say so. I have been shooting with a quiver on for atleast 10 years. I currently have an alpine 3 arrow quiver and I practice with the quiver on during the off season and it is absolutely quiet and my bow is not canted.
    Let the swelling down in your head for a second trend setter , I meant the trend of two piece quivers permanently mounted to your bow.

When they engineer the balance of these new bows a full quiver hanging on the side of the bow is not thrown into the equation. So you are throwing the balance of the bow off and canting your bow, not to mention the weight of the quiver on one side of the bow will throw it into a torquing motion as the bow moves forward after the shot. Sure you can force yourself to shoot a bow this way, but why????

I guess I have to be clear when I say canting, I don't mean as far as one would cant a recurve or longbow.

Quivers

Alpine soft lock 3/5or7 arrow

The Alpine is a quite quiver. It kept getting knocked off, so I switched to a diamond 2 piece.
    I've Gone Trad

Quote Originally Posted by EMK View Post

I do the same. I use a quickie quiver and just take it off and place it onto a nail or hanger by the stand. It is just one more thing to get in the way when the moment arrives. If you have the right quiver on I don't think noise will be much different without one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast