a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braden Gellenthien wins Lancaster

Smile Braden Gellenthien wins Lancaster

Braden Gellenthien just won the Lancaster classic in a shootoff with Jesse Broadwater. Jesse lost an arrow across the 10FT line.
    Both archers were shooting the new Hoyt Protec Elite. Can you imagine that? Not a 3-D shooter and not a Mathews! LOL
    Jbird

Congradulations

To Braden. Kids going to be one of the best. Could be the Tiger Woods of archery. Sounds like this was a great tournament.
    Congradulations to Hoyt Archery also.

That sucks for Jesse. But good shooting Braden and Jesse.

Way to go Braden Congrats.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

A chance for me to learn something here. When you say "lost an arrow across the ten foot line", does that mean he accidently loosed and arrow and it traveled more than ten feet from the line? I've always wondered what happens when you have a misfire the first inch or so of the draw?

Thumbs up

OUCh.........How much money did that cost Jesse?

Way to go Braden.... Thats a huge win!

Congratulations to Braden

Braden is a nice you man, Congrats, great shootin with that Hoyt today! Braden came to me in Kansas city a couple of years ago trying to get on with Mathews. George W Bush traded away Sammy Sosa, and I suppose Mathew's will be kicking themselves when they didn't put Braden on the pro staff, but at the time, he was very young. But in the future, I think he'll be the man to beat on the target line, along with Jesse, they are both young great shooters, with a big future in target archery ahead of them if they stay at it!
    Last edited by hunter54; February 1st, 2004 at 02:09 PM.

AKDoug. Yep thats what that means.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

Smile AKDoug

That is correct and it is a terrible way to lose a shoot off. The lost arrow scores 0 and there is no coming back from that. Sure doesn't take away from the fact that he made it to the final 2.
    My shooting partner was 9th after the first day and made it through the first shoot down to 16 and then lost to Jeff Hopkins in the head to head. Great shooting none the less.
    Jbird

Human Error

Sometimes its nice for some of us amatuers to see even the best make a mistake. I often call you pros machines. Seems like that sometimes watching you guys shoot.

Jesse is certainly a great shooter.

How much did Braden win?

If I had not yet shot my shoot off arrow and that happened to my opponent, I wouldn't have wanted to win that way and would launch one down there myself to 'even it back up.' However, if my arrow was already down there, then there isn't anything I could do but take the SHALLOW victory and come away with a pit in my stomach because I didn't beat the guy directly.

I guess I would try to tell the chairman that I didn't want the win that way - but it probably wouldn't do any good.

Don't know the circumstances in this situation however.

I is still a great win for Braden and disheartening for the 2nd place finisher (notice the avoidance of the negative connotation of "loser.")

just the rants of someone who only wants to beat someone when THEY are at their best and so am I.

I am NOT saying that in this situation the winner should have done that at all - just saying that it is what I would do. I must be insane, right? HAHAHAAH

field14
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

Field 14, not knowing the full story myself either, do we know for sure that Bdidnt shoot first then Jessie messed up ?
    Sounds like a nerves or jitters OOPS tough break i guess, Braden pulled thru in the clutch
    If Jessie would have Flinched wildy and shot a 0 should Braden in your opinion did the same, or shot a good arrow and won ?
    Ken

Field 14

Rules are set for first arrow and the last.

Its a shame it happened this way but I have seen many shoot wrong target in indoor and feel this is the same.

Braden certainly deserved this win. The rules are set for all shooters and should be followed accordingly or changed.

Smile Keep it in Perspective

Braden shot all the arrows to make it to the final 2 head to head.
    The fact that he delivered the goods and Jesse had an unfortunate miss fire is irrelavant. Sad for Jesse but I watched the same type of misfortune happen to Dee and Roger Hoyle at Vegas last year. Unfortunately, mishaps are part of the game.
    Jbird

Rules are rules and noble and gallant gestures aside Braden won and did beat Jessie's best THAT DAY at THAT time INMHO. Sometimes you just run out of luck/skill/mojoe whatever you want to call it and you mess up. Sometimes big and sometimes small. That's the luck of the game. I don't think a mental error on Jessie's part diminishes Braden's victory. Braden could've done the same thing on any other shot and been just as out. The difference is Braden didn't make the mistake. That's why he deserves FULL credit for the win. again INMHO
    "Odocoileus Virginianus"-Mother Nature's original fast food
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm way smarter than you Juan.
    Steelers in 2015!!!!

F14... I would agree with the insane part

Congratulations Braden on the championship win. They don't come easy, but I am sure there will be many more to come. I wish I was there to see it.

You might consider me to be insane to think I would do such a thing, but winning isn't everything and winning from a misfire, to me, just wouldn't be the same as my shot landing closer to the middle of the middle than his did, given we both shot our best shots. I'd always have that little doubt and question - - What if...... Could I still have done it?

I understand fully what everyone else is saying, but that is the way I am, and I guess it all comes down to what a person feels INSIDE themselves as to what constitutes a real win and a lucky win?

No big deal, and I know how difficult those situations are and how disheartening it must be to be so close and yet so far.

Sometime in the future, Some of you folks that haven't been in the game quite so long may come to understand what I'm driving at.

What type of release is Jesse shooting? Just curious.

field14
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

Congrats Braden. Your win is not shallow or lucky. Awesome shooting.

Congrats Braden and Jessie....I wish I could have seen you guys shoot.

Congrats to both Braden and Jesse. I'm sure they had to beat some good talent to end up in the final. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
    300 ARCHERY-- DEALER FOR MERLIN, OBSESSION BOWS, PARKER, AND MORE...OVER 35+ YRS EXPERIENCE! (603)899-2791
    Please support your local ARCHERY Pro Shop!

Congrats to Branden on his win. It was awsome watching the younger guys beat up on the older guys. I shot next to Jessie on Saturday, the kid is a machine. My hat is off to both of them. Also want to thank LAS for a awsome shoot, if you didn't make it you missed a good time.

Congrats Braden. I picked you to win Iowa...better late than never. Make sure you come to league tomorrow night, I want a shot at the new champ!

Charlie

P.S. Pete, I'm with you all the way....f@#$%&*# amazing!!!

new kid in town

At a local shop-shoot in December, I shot on the same bail with Braden when I was in Maine taking lessons from DC. He is this polite, quiet, humble 17-year-old kid, but if you look close you will see a passion and fire in his eyes.

I love it when these young guys focus and bear down on a sport and succeed. To not choke at this age is amazing. The future is wide open for him now that his confidence must be soaring.

I Welcome the new crop of young guns to the sport!

Great article here:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/spor...08/detail.html

DONDEERE Guest

Thumbs up CONGRATULATIONS BRADEN...

...AWESOME VICTORY ...

...looks like we'll be seeing some more of "you" in the Winner's Circle ...

...Thanks JBIRD for the update...and LANCASTER'S for a great tournament venue ...

>>>---DD--->

Congrats. Braden & Jesse!!!

For those wondering about the "what if" question...

If Jesse has shot a 11 instead of that 0, he would have won.

I personally feel mistakes are part of shooting... The shooter that makes the fewest mistakes, combined with great shooting, should be the winner. I know if I was in Jesse's shoes, I would not allow Braden to intentionally drop an arrow because I made a mistake!

Just my $.02

Joel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast