Archery Talk Forum banner

Which center shot tool is best?

13K views 31 replies 29 participants last post by  Skiatookbandman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
if you have to have one, get the golden key. the laser is a waste of money. and the golden key is only like $15.

just eye ball it, and walkback tune.

look at center shot tools as bore sighting a rifle. it might look good on the table but you wont know how itll shoot till you get it to the range and youll more then likely have to adjustment the rest.

#10 ·
the laser is a waste of money.
+1 Just stand back, you can eye the cam very easily and line up a nocked arrow on the string, in the rest. You can get so close, so quick.
Walk back will iron it out quickly. Easton has a guide to further tweak the centershot and nock at 15 yards, or if you're shooting broadheads, follow that section.

#3 ·
#6 ·
I say the Easy Eye Laser Center Gauge, but I've never used the other one yet. As far as eying it up goes every one I know whose set center shot up by eye has been real close, but when its checked with the laser slightly out. Mind you thats not to say it wasn't the worlds first twisted laser beam :confused:

#7 ·
Rest Assured

Do a search on archery talk and look up the BEST tool out.
REST ASSURED
It gets the center shot from the center; not the top idler wheel.
It also sets arrow height.
It is also a quick reference tool you can carry with you!
Man the guy who invented it is a smart dude:wink:

#28 ·
Do a search on archery talk and look up the BEST tool out.
REST ASSURED
It gets the center shot from the center; not the top idler wheel.
It also sets arrow height.
It is also a quick reference tool you can carry with you!
Man the guy who invented it is a smart dude:wink:
Now that is the most UN-biased opinion I have ever read! :wink: Needless to say he sure is a smart dude! :zip:

#11 ·
Lazer is a waste of money. I just use a bubble level to get pretty darn close and eyeball the left and right, centering the string, and arrow with the center of the limbs. Then I paper tune to get it almost perfect, then walk back tune to finish it off.

#12 ·
I use the Easy-Eye and it works just fine. Sets up dead center. Then the RS arrow and string levels finish the job perfectly.

I suppose I could eyeball it, as I've done in the past, but it just isn't as much fun. And a good part of the fun in archery is tinkering with all the extraneous gadgets.

#13 ·
I use my eye and then paper tune. If you want to spend your money, then buy an ASD or some other useful device.
Dave Nowlin

#17 ·
The eze laser is a great tool, but you do need to check it, when you first get it, I use the straight edge of a spirit level, too run the beam down in both directions.
I think it sets the center shot real close, and if your setting bows up for others, it's a good tool to have.
I don't know too much about the Bowplane. but I intend to get me one. :)

#19 ·
Bohning

Laser alignment tool that enables you to check the alignment of bow strings, limbs, wheels/cams, sight, rest and arrow shaft. This tool mounts to the inside of the riser with out disturbing the set up. The laser has 360 degree rotation, spring loaded return and third axis adjustment. Hard case included. (Uses 3- LR44 batteries.)

Attachments

#22 ·
Although I have a wire alignment tool it is much easier to eyeball it. Line it up slightly left of center, a couple shots at 10' into a target and off we go. Hasn't failed me yet.

#24 ·
i have been reading this forum and i have a few questions. I might be way off in saying this but i thought that i have read some post on AT that said some of the new bows due to the design are only on center line when at full draw. I know that i shoot a SBxt and when checked on a centershot its a little to one side when at rest, however the arrow flight is a bullit hole from short paper to the walk back. The paper results i thought spoke for themselves, but i shoot alot with an dude thats been in the game a long time and is alway messin with things like that and he insist that my bow is out of tune, i wont let him touch it................................insight please?

#27 ·
The way you guys speak about the laser sounds like how they compared the horse to the automobile.:rolleyes:

#30 ·
I've also noticed that the lazer doesn't work right on all risers? It's in the machining of rhe risers? I've had this before but don't remember what bow company. I would like to try a bow plane someday. I've used the eyes, Eze Eye, Golden Key, ya still have to fine tune with walk back and if its a hunting bow, you still have to shoot your broadheads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.