Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the quietest compound?

Who makes the quietest compound?

I have shot traditional bows for quite awile but am having a lot of shoulder problems.I am thinking of trying a lighter weight compound bow.I am anal about noise so want to look at only the quietest.I don't care about performance because all of them will be faster than what I shoot now.I was at a 3d earlier this year and was really impressed with how quiet the new bows were compared to those old ones I used to shoot.So what do I look for in a light weight bow that does not weight a ton? thanks

The one bow that impressed me most this year with almost zero noise right out of the box was the BT Guardian.A little slow,but apparently you don't care about the speed.

General

Bowtech General
    Bart Lawhorn/Owner
    Deer Crossing Archery LLC
    "At the intersection of Quality and Economy"

Smile weight?

High Country SSR. It also is as light as a recurve and quiver!

If you will be shooting a release, your options are abundant. I spend years with recurves, owning most everthing out there (Black Widow, Morrison, and on and on). There are a number of compounds out there that are as quiet, if not quieter than todays recurves with high tech strings.

If you are interested in shooting fingers, your options are still excellent, but a little more narrow. A good place to start would be to post in the fingers forum of this site.

I've personally owned or been around Hoyts, Matthews, and Bowtechs that were extremely quiet.

As to a selection to shoot with a release, you will probably be affected more by physical weight (how heavy or light is your preference) and draw cycle (super smooth vs a hard break over).

You are in the right place to get info before you purchase.

In my Humble opinion, Ben Pearson, bow's from 05' to date. And this is coming from a guy that also owns and tournament shoots with a Mathews Drenalin. I've got an 05' Pearson Pride thats as quiet as a whisper.
    2007 Mathews Drenalin, AXCEL-3000 w/Viper Scope, GK Premier Rest , Easton X7 Eclipse, "Xtreme PRO-XL Stabilizers", TRU-BALL ST-360
    2011 PSE D.S. "EVO", NAP Apache Rest, HHA OL-5000 Sights, Victory V-Force Arrows, Doinker Stabilizer, Tru-Ball ST-360.
    (T.R.U. BALL Staff)("Xtreme" Stab Staff)(BOHNING Staff)(BLING SLINGS Staff)

Commander is easily the quietest bow I have ever shot.
    Long armed Old Glory arrow flinger

The new 08 Bowtech General is the quietest stick in the woods

General
    ATA 31"ish
    BH 8"ish
    300ish fps

Guardian
    ATA 33"ish
    BH 7"ish
    320ish fps

Commander
    ATA 37"ish
    BH 8"ish
    305ish fps

so if your going to shoot fingers and you have a longer draw the commander might be best for you

i say shoot a buch from Hoyt Martin Ross Bowtech PSE and then make up your own mind

but to my ear the quietest bows going right now are the center pivot designs from bowtech, new 08 General, Guardian, and Commander
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Mathews..Even the test that PSE done showed them to the quietest.
    JBK BOWSTRINGS With the 24 Month Guarantee on All sets of strings!
    www.jbkstrings.com

2014-2015 Team #24 - Team Center Punch

Check out the article at the following link

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...bow+evaluation

Aside from their findings, the new General by Bowtech has all the quiet geomety needs (center pivot tech) and a 8.5" brace height ( and is quieter than the guardian). It is amazing....
    ...Isms...

"The truth will always show itself as such...."

The world has enough Martyrs... it needs Heros

JApple Heros defininition - "someone willing to live their lives for what they believe in"

Quote Originally Posted by oldglorynewbie View Post
    Commander is easily the quietest bow I have ever shot.
    Sorry, did not see the low poundage does not weigh a ton part Dependinng on what you call "a ton" the commander might not be the one for you.
    Long armed Old Glory arrow flinger

I have not gotten a chance to shoot it ,but from what I have been told the new TRUTH 2 is awsome, I have a friend that got to shoot one somehow Friday and he said he had never realized how much noise an arrow made when it hit a BLOCK target.I think all dealers are suppose to be able to get them next week. I got the first TRUTH and I am very pleased with it,but I got to try The 2 soon. The Bear video on their wesite says this bow will make after-market noise reduction obsolete.We will see.
    John

Almost all bows are quiet nowadays. And you have the option of making them even quieter with aftermarket vibe reduction goodies. You can even make old, loud bows quiet with the addition of aftermarket silencers. So the sky is the limit really. You can just worry about finding the bow that shoots best for you then just make it quieter if you feel the need.

Thanks guys. I will just have to get out to a shop and check some out.They have changed a lot in the last 10 years.

One of my bows, the Mathews LX at 50# must be one of the quitest bow ever made. Just says klick and the next u hear is wenn the arrow hits the target..

Bear truth with 4 limb savers and an sts type surpressor has to be one of the quietest bows I have ever herd.

I shoot a guardian and i thought it was the quietest bow ever.

I offered an STS to my uncle who is just getting into Archery. After he pulls out his 4 month old Darton, we noticed we couldn't mount it anywhere. So, we started to shoot a few arrows to pass the time and that it when i realized, I stand corrected.. The Darton is even quieter than my Guardian.

I know it was a dual cam bow. I am not sure what model but i will find out.

PSE Firestorm X
    It's the quietest and smoothest bow that I have ever shot, It's not the fastest but it has got to be the most quiet and smoothest yet.
    America's Best Bowstrings....PSE Vendetta XL...Black Eagle Arrows...Rubix Rests....TRU Ball....Doinker Stabilizers.....www.americasbestbowstrings.com

James, there's lots of quiet ones out there now. The biggest thing you'll have to watch out for is accessory-induced noise cause those of us with "training wheels" need all that extra stuff bolted on our bows. Good solid rests, sights, and quivers will help keep the decibels down.

Shoot a medium to heavy arrow, and just like a stick bow, it'll help keep the noise down.

Welcome to the madness.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

Switchback XT man they are silent!.

Another vote for Gaurdian quietest bow I have ever owned an I have owned some of them mentioned above!!!

Hoyt Carbon Element
    Bowtech Experiance
    Obsession Phoenix

Of Course Everyone Is Going To Say Their Bow, But Atleast Give The High Country Iron Mace A Look Its The Quietest Bow I Have Owned And Still Gets Good Speed At 50 Pounds Pull

I don't own a browning illusion or a guardian but we sell them at the shop and they are along with general and commander the quietest bows i've shot to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesw View Post
    I have shot traditional bows for quite awile but am having a lot of shoulder problems.I am thinking of trying a lighter weight compound bow.I am anal about noise so want to look at only the quietest.I don't care about performance because all of them will be faster than what I shoot now.I was at a 3d earlier this year and was really impressed with how quiet the new bows were compared to those old ones I used to shoot.So what do I look for in a light weight bow that does not weight a ton? thanks
    browning illusion!!!

I choose Winchester!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast