Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: StarrFlight FOB Hunting Success Thread

StarrFlight FOB Hunting Success Thread

Howdy all!

The Photos are flying in at home base (chipmunk's to elephants). I thought I would start a thread for all the FOB shooters out there.

Please post FOB photos and any stories you may have (stories not required)

If you can not post the photos for any reason.....Please email them to me at paul@starrflight.com and I will take care of it.

As many of you know....I got skunked this year on my Elk Hunt: (first time in 27 years the camp got skunked). So I will cheat and start the thread with a few of the last FOB-O-Elks I got.

The 6 x 6 (+ a nub) was taken in AZ Unit 9 (may be the #1 tag in the world- took us 8 years as a resident to get this tag). The story is very long, let me just say I saw about 200 Elk the day I shot this one after chasing a few rare AZ herd bulls (man did I come close to two big'ns). I was holding up at the base of a ridge after 4 hours of pure Adrenalin when this little guy came out. After seeing the monster bulls, I thought this guy looked very small. Then I came to my senses and took the 40 yard shot. The Elk did not move. I thought I missed? (I was using prototype FOB's) By the time I nocked another arrow, he tipped over. . Same goes with the Spike in Oregon. Zero track but what a pack! 5 miles one way uphill both ways in a road closure area. My buddy Mark shot a Cow in the same spot so we had two elk to pack out that day. Thank goodness for heavy duty carts and bicycles! My arrows vary (depending and whats on sale) but are always tipped with Razor sharp Zwickey's

Best Regards and thanks to all! It is all the FOB shooters that are getting the word out. I hope next year we will have the money to send a shirt or hat with each success. With all of your help we will be there!

Paul 6 x 7 (Small).jpg

Paul Ore 04 no fob 1 (Small).jpg

Paul 2005_Idaho cow (Small).jpg
    Last edited by GSLAM95; October 29th, 2007 at 10:11 PM.
    What the heck is a FOB ?.... Visit Starrflight to find out.... Made in USA

Watch 3 minutes of FOBs-A-Pop'n FOB Attack!

nice lookin elk
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 29"/80# 518 gr. VAP250's @ 280 FPS

Prestige Worldwide Pro-Staff

Nice. Sounds like a very fun hunt.

congrats on the elk paul
    Good people sleep peacefuly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    Support our troops or feel free to stand in front of them

Here are some from Last Year and this year among some of my other FOB harvests:

06 FOB'd Doe.JPG

101306 Hog.jpg

225lb Boar.JPG

Alligator 002.jpg

Blackbuck.JPG

Formerly the great COWBOY state of Wyoming. Now, in the frozen north of Fairbanks Alaska
    Maybe it's the luck of the draw. Maybe it's the moon phases or the alignment of the stars. or maybe...Just maybe...it's the FOB's. Went to South Africa over the summer. For anyone concerned about the noise FOB's reportedly make...this impala gave me two chances after a a bad range finder reading put me just under the animal....He just swapped ends and gratiously accepted the FOB guided splinter o' death.

there's also a victimized KUDU bull and warthog that I'll post a little later.

heres a couple of mine.
    October hunt 029.JPG

October hunt 034.JPG
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

Hey Paul! Took a big WV doe on 10/15. Sorry no pics, it was last shooting
    light and in the 70s', so the meat took priority

Only had a neck shot at 30 yards, calm deer grazing. Took the shot and cut
    the right jugular and broke the neck with a 100 gr. Silver Flame and standard
    1" FOB on a Beman 500 shaft. Recovery was about 2 yrds (she flipped over backwards)

Going back out this weekend, still have 2 tags! The FOBs are shooting great
    as always!!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by archerykid12 View Post
    congrats on the elk paul
    Thanks! Hunting Az is a special place. If I am lucky I may get another tag in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by rogbo View Post
    this impala gave me two chances after a a bad range finder reading put me just under the animal....He just swapped ends and gratiously accepted the FOB guided splinter o' death.
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the other critters from the dark Continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Watersnake View Post
    Here are some from Last Year and this year among some of my other FOB harvests:
    Snake....The 1st FOB-O-Gator! Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by sneak1413 View Post
    heres a couple of mine.
    Congrats! I herd you got three deer in one weekend! Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by JEofWV View Post
    Hey Paul! Took a big WV doe on 10/15. Sorry no pics, it was last shooting
    light and in the 70s', so the meat took priority

The FOBs are shooting great
    as always!!!

Jim
    Congrats! No problem with the photo! Better a full freezer

Best of luck on the rest of the hunt!

Here's a turkey-fob, my first kill with Paul's "gimmick" as some would like to label it. I've been sold on them from day one! Hope to get some other pics on here from the upcoming weekend as our weather has FINALLY come around.
    KR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a pic of a customer from France sent from a 2007 hunt. The product is doing well with the Europe hunting crowd. They like their "gimmicks"

hi,
    my name is Jérome
    I m french bowhunter, i m very happy to use starrflight, the best product for have a good fly....
    This summer, i was in Namibia. Sorry my english is so bad, but i had picture of my hunt.
    Red hartebeest

in France, i say at all my friends bowhunter , take the better, take Starrflight.

Jerome's Red Heartbeest (Small).jpg

Formerly the great COWBOY state of Wyoming. Now, in the frozen north of Fairbanks Alaska
    A fob finsihed FMJ. The ultimate Kudu voodoo...

Here's is my opening day FOB buck

sent from rotary dial phone

Awsome critters...love that speed goat!

first bear with a fob just this past August. Neatest thing i've ever seen in archery, the video that is, fob popping off, worked like a charm, never any doubt about how good the hit was.
    I'm hunting with my fobs right now, can't wait to post a deer pic.
    Hopefully you can all see the fob on you tube. Just got my computer to do video, just have to figure it all out now. Hope its computer idiot proof
    Bryan
    Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
    www.frow.ca Ontario Big Game Records Book

Awesome pictures to all. I'd love to try the FOB's, but I just bought a whisker biscuit this year. Maybe next year.

FOB's + striker = My 1st coyote with a bow

Thanks Paul for a great product & tech suport.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rogbo View Post
    A fob finsihed FMJ. The ultimate Kudu voodoo...
    Voodoo Kudu....Love the name. Congrats on a great beast!

Quote Originally Posted by sbooy42 View Post
    Here's is my opening day FOB buck
    Opening day! Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by onmedic View Post
    I'm hunting with my fobs right now, can't wait to post a deer pic.
    Hopefully you can all see the fob on you tube. Just got my computer to do video, just have to figure it all out now. Hope its computer idiot proof
    Bryan
    Best of luck on the deer hunt and great bear! I can not wait to see the video. Yikes dang computers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmoss View Post
    FOB's + striker = My 1st coyote with a bow

Thanks Paul for a great product & tech suport.
    Fantastic job! The critter never herd what hit him. Ha!

Best of luck on the rest of the hunt to all!

Regards,

Man those orange wraps and fob are just ....electric! A coyote is a VERY tough animal to arrow. here's the last of my africa critters......

This buck was taken 10-1-07 @ 22 yards w/ FOB's. This was my first hunt useing FOB's and the results where fantastic! Double lunged him, complete pass through. Deer went less than thirty and piled. The FOB was laying on the ground where I shot the deer and when I picked it up, my nock was laying underneath it. I popped them both back on and the next day shot a target with the same arrow, FOB, and nock....PERFECT. Its in the quiver wanting some more. Thanks Paul!!! One thing is for sure, I have the FOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After sitting Double bull watching hens peck around all morning, I finally heard a close gobbler. I was asked to go along with the Red White Blue outdoors group who were filming for the show Art of Deception (In High Definition (HD)). At about 8:30 A.M. a monster gobble let out to my right. Looking through the Mesquite flats, I could barley see movement about 100 yards away. That is when I saw the big white head. I thought to myself, "This is perfect, the tom will come right pass the blind towards the hens that are in the creek bottom." Well I was wrong. The big tom stopped at 60 yards and dropped off the into creek to go meet hit girls. Once he was down there, I figured he would be within 30 yards and there would be no problem. Wrong again. he got all the hens and went to this downed tree to perch. He stayed in full strut for over 20 minutes just standing on this blowdown like he was the king of the forest. Right then I knew there was no way he was going to come to my calls, when he had the real thing right there. After watching him for that long I told Rex, the camera guy, that I could make the shot! He said, "If you feel comfortable with it go ahead." Well I ranged the bird at 49 yards (Yeah that is 49 yards) as he was standing on a log in full strut. After he did not move for five minutes I drew. I places the 50 yard pin right in the middle and released. The arrow flew true and he was DRT (Dead right there). He didn't even flop, the bird fell off the log and was done!! There are number of contributing factors that lead to this being a great hunt. But I want to stress that there is nothing that beats lots of practice. I shoot over 50 arrows a day at all distances. You need to ensure that you are comfortable with the equipment you are shooting. I know I had the best equipment that I could have, and below is the list of them!

This 20 lb monster with a 11 3/4" beard and 1 1/8th spurs.He was the biggest bird taken in Clay County Texas this year with a NWTF score of 67 1/2. (Official).

Executive Producer IENT
    Makers of the Game Outdoors Unlimited

Owner/Editor
    outdoorproductreview.com

BSeals71, rogbo, kerusm and Jason...Congrats and thanks!

Here a few from Ulf's African tip over the summer. Ulf is another hunter from Europe (Norway).

Ulf Writes;

I am just back from Africa. I did the best shots right thtroug the hearts of 3 animals.: 1 Impala, 1 Kudu and 1 Red heartebeest. The hitpoint on the Red heartebeest was on the right side.On the picture you se where the arrow came out. I could go right away and pic up the fob and search for blood. All 3 animals get only 40 meters away and was dead when i rached them just after 3-5 minutes after the shot. So i am afraid you got some clients there. I will buy some more fobs of you later.
    My best regards Ulf.

Ulf- Red heartebeest 01 (Small).jpg

Ulf-Impala 01 (Small).jpg

Ulf-Kudu 01 (Small).jpg

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast