a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Summit Goliath or Summit 180 Max

Summit Goliath or Summit 180 Max

I am trying to decide between these two climbers, are there any real advantages that the 180 has over the goliath that justifies the extra price.

JMO , Summit stands are TOO loud .. will never have one
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 , LimbDriver ProV , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt AM 32 , Drop Zone , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt Havoc -Tec , Drop Zone , Extreme RT900 , V.A.P. 1 Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    U.S. Army 1981 - 1989

anyone else

All climbers a loud. But the Quality of the Summit is unmatched. I have had the Viper (4 seasons)which is a smaller Goliath and it has been a great stand. I have looked at the 180 and it has some nice features, If rifle hunting I like sittting facing the tree. Might be worht while.
    T ZZZZ

Longbows and Compounds
    VPA and Rocket's

I have the Goliath. The 180 looks interesting, but I would not trade it for mine.

Anybody else got a opinion on this one ??? I can't decide , its for sure gonna be
    one of the two

I have 2 vipers and love them. I'm afraid of heights so I like having the bar in front of me that doesn't move. I have my bow holder mounted on the rail so that's not an issue. You will be happy with any summit stand - they are well made and have great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhunter346 View Post
    I have 2 vipers and love them. I'm afraid of heights so I like having the bar in front of me that doesn't move. I have my bow holder mounted on the rail so that's not an issue. You will be happy with any summit stand - they are well made and have great customer service.

I am not sure about the Goliath but i know the 180 max has the seat that you can turn around in the tree and the 180's bar is rounded and don't know if the Goliath's is square or rounded.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Team QAD PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech

I own the Goliath, and it is a great stand. Not the lightest around for long hauls, but a very good quality stand.
    It is rock solid, very quiet once in position, and as comfortable as anything on the market.
    I have spent many daylight till dark hunts in my Goliath in absolute comfort.
    I have no experience with the 180 stand.
    Mathews ChillR
    Mathews Edition QAD
    MBG Pure Driven
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's
    Slick Tricks

im 320 lbs and have the goliath and it is the best stand and most comfortable stand I have ever had the previlage to hunt out off. It is rock solid on the tree and I have hunted out of mine for 3 years now and never had one minutes problem with it... ever!!
    N.O.A.H. Pro-Staff

Been toting the Viper for about 4 years. Love it. I think the only difference in the viper vs Goliath is the top portion of the stand. I think the rail is a tad wider and gives u an extra 1"+/- out front.

I looked hard at the 180, but after sitting in one at a demo, I quickly decided against it. Like most, leaning back during dull hours and being comfy is a must and the rail, even though the pad is there, just didnt seem comfy at all to me diggin in my back.

I'm rather small framed (5'8" 165#) and would seriously consider the Goliath for the extra room vs my Viper. A rep for Summit is smaller then me and he used a Goliath for this reason. It's not much heavier, but is a tad wider which is something to be considered when u want to slip in and out of timber.

The Viper/Goliath is a great stand, no doubt. Comfy, quiet when packed right, bites well, sturdy, on and on. Have no reservations at all for choosing this stand.

Get the side bags as well, nice additions. Foot prop is worth it's weight in gold to. I've also wrapped every portion of mine with the camo sticky wrap cloth tape to quieten the dings down. HUGE difference. I also shrink wrapped the S hooks on the bungee's for added silence. U will be AMAZED at the difference this makes.

Thanks for the info , I don't gun hunt , so no need to face the tree for me..
    I have been using a API climber for the last 10 years..Going with the Golitah from what all I have heard

One thing I forgot to mention is set up height from bottom to top. It will take practice and use, but watch the height of these two pieces. There's somewhat of a line for comfort vs the ability to shoot directly under the stand.

The higher the bottom platform, the higher u r when u stand up to shoot under u. BUT, this puts ur knees a little further up towards the chest. The higher u get above the front rail, the tighter u can shoot to the base of your tree. I also take my quiver off for this reason. I use to shoot feathers and I've had the feathers (while in quiver on the bow) brush the rail and make noise while at full draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Fan View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is set up height from bottom to top. It will take practice and use, but watch the height of these two pieces. There's somewhat of a line for comfort vs the ability to shoot directly under the stand.

The higher the bottom platform, the higher u r when u stand up to shoot under u. BUT, this puts ur knees a little further up towards the chest. The higher u get above the front rail, the tighter u can shoot to the base of your tree. I also take my quiver off for this reason. I use to shoot feathers and I've had the feathers (while in quiver on the bow) brush the rail and make noise while at full draw.

I usally hang my quiver , I do stand up most of the time , and I wouldn't try
    to shoot sitting, in that kinda stand..Thanks for your input.

stand

i have owned most of the climbers ;my goliath is absolutly the most solid comfortable climber of them all i feel very secure at 25 feet and it gives me all day comfort during the rut !

I love my goliath, very comforable. I will say Summit has me looking at the new seat they have out, could it be more comforable????????

I have the goliath, and now love it, but it needs a few tweaks to get it just right. Here;s what I did:

The stand portion MUST have skateboard tape put on it to avoid slipping. The way it comes stock it's EXTREMELY slippery when wet, and especially when snowy. Skateboad tape is cheap and makes it very sure footed.

The metal ends of the seat bungy cord I rubber dipped. If you don't do this they WILL ding and clang on your stand.

Lastly, I ran sand filled silicone tubing through the main rails of the stand as a vibration dampener. Takes all the dinner bell ring out of it if you drop something or the buingie ends hit it, or when branches rub against it.

The stand is now as quiet as anything on the market. My step brother bought a lone wolf, and man, my goliath is 100x more comfortable. Like a lazy boy in the tree and ROCK SOLID. I wouldn't trade it for anything now.
    Ashland County Ohio