Thread: PSE Impala

PSE Impala

Pse Impala
    I bought a pse 50 lb Impala recurve bow wanted to start shooting recurve again. For many years I have been shooting compounds but the memories and feel of the recurve brought back so many good feelings that I just had to buy another.I will be hunting deer and california wild pig, any one use this bow for this kind of hunting? any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Venados,
    Do a search for the Impala for a lot of different views.

I've been hunting with the 45# version for two years. Not having shot anything else, the bow serves its purpose. No frills, plain, and fairly rugged. Most importantly, I can shoot it accurately.

V -

As entry level bows go, it's a good deal. However, I've seen a few where the actual weights were higher than marked. If you're just returning to stickbows, odds are very good, you'll be over bowed. (That assumes you have a draw length of 28" or more on THAT bow.)

Viper1 out.
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

I shoot the same fricken thing except left handed. Love it till death. Shooting it for three years nows accuratly at that.
    You can take a deer with it no prob.

To go with what Viper says, I have read a few probs with these bows. Personally I have never had a problem with mine (3yrs). Good luck and hope u like the bow as much as me

what arrows

What are the best arrows for my right hand impala wood or carbons my bow came with 6 28" carbons but they were left helical instead of right. I have not been able to shoot it because of an elbow injury, and the arrows are to short 28". My draw length is 31 1/2. I read some were that my 60" bow would be to short for me that I would do better with a bow in the 64" or longer is this true?

Venados, was 31.5" your draw length for a compound, or is it really your draw for your recurve? My Impala starts staking pretty good at my 29" draw. A 62 or 64" bow would probably be better.

Don't know about wood arrows, but carbon or aluminum would work. At your draw you'd probably need something that deflects around .400 of an inch (i.e. carbon express Heritage 250). Hopefully others with much more knowledge will chime in.

V -

Most people loose an inch or two from their compound draw length. Like tj said, even with a 30" draw the Impala will stack and ince you already have an elbow injury, better start thinking about something #20 lighter at your draw.

BTW - a friend of mine shot an Impala with a 32" draw. The bow was untunable, as in a 6" paper tear at 15', that didn't respond to anything we did.

Viper1 out.
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

recurve mesurement

Quote Originally Posted by tjjsidekick View Post
    Venados, was 31.5" your draw length for a compound, or is it really your draw for your recurve? My Impala starts staking pretty good at my 29" draw. A 62 or 64" bow would probably be better.

Don't know about wood arrows, but carbon or aluminum would work. At your draw you'd probably need something that deflects around .400 of an inch (i.e. carbon express Heritage 250). Hopefully others with much more knowledge will chime in.
    thanks for your reply, sorry for delay been at work all this nights, when I was measured it was a recurve that they used to measure me it had an arrow with inch increments readings on it it.

Merry Christmas and thanks

Thanks to every one for your help, I will probably sell it if I can't shoot it because of the weight or should I say the pain in my elbow. I shot my compound yesterday and it was OK and its at 55 lbs 65 let of. I took my time shooting it, I shot like 25 shots and it was a good shooting session no pain but need to give it more time to regain full strength. I still need more time off but the recurve when I try to draw it at around 3/4 draw It starts to hurt. I guess I will buy a longer bow and litter poundage one in the future at around 40 lbs because I do not want to give up on traditional. I really like the look and feel on my Impala with its 6 arrow fully loaded leather quiver it just looks so pretty. Thanks to every one and Merry Christmas my friends, yfis dan
    Last edited by venados; December 13th, 2007 at 01:23 PM.