Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What bows have a 33" draw length?

What bows have a 33" draw length?

My friend is looking to get into bow hunting next year. He wants to get as much info on a good bow for him but he is limited because of his draw length of 33 inches. I know that hoyt has a couple of bows that goes that high. Can anyone else know of any other bows that have a 33 inch draw length? Please help!!

Thanks guys,

Keith

Only one I know of.....................

A Rain "Bow"

I would have his draw length checked at a good local pro shop. 33" sounds way too long unless he is 7'5".
    2012 Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Accomplice 34
    Stokerized Stabilizers
    Treewalker Treestands

Konawa, Oklahoma www.robertsretreatlodge.com
    Good luck. I am 32" draw and its very limited.

It is very hard to find a good hunting bow with that long of draw length. Hoyt is about your only solution and you are going to be shooting a target bow. Some of them come in camo though

I have a 38 pro in 32 inch draw that is brand new I will sell you super cheap if your guy is intersted. If he is truly 33 then he can just swap some cams....heck I will have it done for him if needed. Its camo color to boot

I dont know of any other manufacturers who make a bow over 32 inches other than hoyt.

Get a hold of the guys at www.apaarchery.com

Konawa, Oklahoma www.robertsretreatlodge.com
    ApA doesn't advertise anything over 32" and only has one 32" bow. It has a long axle to axle so I was not that intersted in it.

If they offer something else for gorilla armed hunters I would love to know.

There is just not that many bows for people 32" and over in draw and you end up shooting slower than people with 30" draw because your choices in bows are more limited.

now how much faster than IBO speeds would you be shooting with 2-3" above the 30" IBO tests? 33" is insanely long!
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 29"/80# 518 gr. VAP250's @ 280 FPS

Prestige Worldwide Pro-Staff

Is your freinds name Shaq????
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

I THINK Oneida might but dont quote me on that.
    2006 Bowtech Allegiance
    Dusk Devil 2 sights
    Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter
    Easton Axis 400's with Blazers
    TEAM 13 Thwack And Stack

That cant be right. He must be huge or a monkey. Im 6'3 and pull 29.5
    Check out Team NB on Youtube or huntvids.com. Public Land DIY hunts in Mass

Pretty sure Oneida and Monster Bows can hook you up! Awesome bows too! Check them out!
    '09 BOWTECH S.W.A.T. / TROPHY TAKER / VITAL GEAR CAMELBACK / VIBRACHECK / GOLD TIP VELOCITY XT 400 / NAP THUNDERHEAD 85 / KWIKEE KWIVER COMBO 4
    2012-2013 Deer Contest CHAMPIONS! TEAM FLATLINERS!
    2014-2015 TEAM #21 - Blackjack

Smile Merlin

The Merlin XT will go 33" draw, with the Viper cam. 38" ATA.
    My son is also a 33" draw length. He shot this bow very well.
    Also the Ross 37 Cardiac will go out to 32" draw this year, 37" ATA.
    With a little longer loop, you should get pretty close.
    Authorized Dealer:
    Merlin Archery, High Country Archery
    Quest Archery, Athens Archery
    Elite Archery, Ross Archery
    Obsession Bows,

are you sure that his draw is 33 inches??? must be one insanely huge guy...

CSS and Hoyt are the only one's I find that advertise that they have more than 1 bow that will go to 33. CSS has a few that go all the way out to 35!!! FWIW, my brother is 6'4" and his draw-length is 32, so a 6'6" guy is probably going to be 33-ish.
    ~~Doug~~ N.O.A.H. PRO-Staffer
    2006 Hoyt Trykon XL 29"-70#'s / Alphamax 35 29" 60#
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme (MADE IN USA) tipped with ST Magnums
    Sword Apex Hunter / Sword Twilight Hunter with TT Micro-Adjust / Shaffer Tec Dropaway
    "What ever you say or do as a hunter reflects on all of us hunters, use good judgement!"

Quote Originally Posted by SEOBowhntr View Post
    so a 6'6" guy is probably going to be 33-ish.
    Are you saying my arms are short for my height? That would be the first time ever that anyone said that. I need a 38" sleeve on dress shirts.....THOSE are harder to find than a long draw bow. Unless you have a 21" neck.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by krwhite20 View Post
    My friend is looking to get into bow hunting next year. He wants to get as much info on a good bow for him but he is limited because of his draw length of 33 inches. I know that hoyt has a couple of bows that goes that high. Can anyone else know of any other bows that have a 33 inch draw length? Please help!!

Thanks guys,

Keith
    With a 33" draw, he should be able to reach out and strangle the deer. And then carry it home under one arm.
    Hoyt Vectrix

I am 6'9" and the archery shop originally measured me as a 33" draw. I really wanted to buy a used bow to see if I was going to be committed to archery. But, at that DL there aren't a whole lot of used bows around.

Finally a friend of a friend decided to sell his 32.5" DL Mathews Ovation. I thought it might be a little short but close enough to try. As it turns out, if anything it is too long. I did decide to add a loop to shoot as that gets my trigger hand better located.

So, I would recommend he try some of the 32 or 32.5" bows to see if maybe it would work. It seems like everyone gets a certain DL measurement from the archery shop and then once they start fine tuning their form etc they move to a shorter DL anyway.

Long Draw

PSE XFORCE LD 31"-33" or the Mathews PROSTAR 31"-37" will do the PSE is a normal XFORCE as the Mathews is 48" AtoA

I can see a guy with a 33" draw not being ginormously tall. I'm only 5'10 but draw about 30 inches depending on the bow and d-loop setup. (I'm shooting ~29.75 right now with a loop)

According to the wingspan method, I should be pulling over 31 inches! Then again I have monkey arms

I'd say he needs to have his draw re-measured, just in case, but even then he'll probably be in the "long-draw" category ...

Quote Originally Posted by PSEGuy View Post
    I can see a guy with a 33" draw not being ginormously tall. I'm only 5'10 but draw about 30 inches depending on the bow and d-loop setup. (I'm shooting ~29.75 right now with a loop)

According to the wingspan method, I should be pulling over 31 inches! Then again I have monkey arms

I'd say he needs to have his draw re-measured, just in case, but even then he'll probably be in the "long-draw" category ...

GOOD GREIF!!! DO you tie your shoes without bending over???!! You are a straight knuckle draggin caveman!!!! Your the spokesman for GEICO insurance aren't you?

J/K
    Elite 35 70/29 with Snow camo riser, black limbs, snow cams, Breathn threads,CBE Tek Hybrid, Elite QAD Hdx, 11" Elite stabilizer in snow camo, Elite 1pc quiver in snow camo
    PSE - EVO PRO - Custom Built by Breathn 70/29- LS Pro V rest - Armortech HD Pro 7pin w/ .10 pins + 4x lens, 1/4" peep # 2 clarifier, custom zombie bling sling Grim Reapers
    May the Holy Spirit influence your decisions on a daily basis

Agree with some posts shorter may be better. A loop adds about a 1/2" or so to DL. Plus when hunting in cold weather with heavy jacket a shorter DL will keep ya from hitting your sleeve and missing a bruiser if you forget your arm guard. Best thing to do is get some bows and let him draw. There is sometime a inch difference, at least the way they feel, between brands even at the same DL.
    "Suprised!!! I wouldn't be more suprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet."

33" draw length?!?!
    Who are you, the Undertaker?

Quote Originally Posted by passthru11 View Post
    That cant be right. He must be huge or a monkey. Im 6'3 and pull 29.5
    thats my hight also. if i do the measure of my arm span divided by 2.5 i come out to 29.4.. I also lik a loop, but i feel that the loop only changes my anchor point, and it is more comfortable for me, so i have stuck with it.

Try this website out. They have a great spread sheet with all of the bow specs. Look at the bottom left of the page to open the files. They even have different years information.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bo...harts-main.htm

I have a Bowtech Old Glory that goes up to 32" and I have been very happy with it. Started out at 31" draw and ended up at about 30.5"

Good Luck.

It is possible.. I am 5'11 and have a measured 29 7/8 draw length (its been repeated at multiple shops) Most don't believe me when i tell them that is the draw i need so i get re measured alot. I have broad shoulders and long arms.. some of us have monkey arms what can i say haha
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo
    Spott Hogg Tommy Hogg, QAD HDX
    B-stinger 10"front 8"back
    Gold tip Pro Hunter .300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast