Thread: Replacement limbs for older bows?????

Replacement limbs for older bows?????

Does anybody make replacement limbs for older compound bows?
    I have an old Browning bow my brother give me from about ten years back that shoots good. Its got some scrapes or cracks on one of the limbs and I hate to put her away for ever.
    If I could find a replacement limb, I would not have to worry.

Some of the new PSE recurves look like old compound risers is used. Could I turn this bow into a recurve if the limb does give way?
    One of my friends is shooting an even older Barnett compound with some big cracks he filled with crazy glue and he says not to worry. Truth be told, he shoots that old bow all the time and it still has not blown up on him.

Replacement limbs.

"""One of my friends is shooting an even older Barnett compound with some big cracks he filled with crazy glue and he says not to worry. Truth be told, he shoots that old bow all the time and it still has not blown up on him."""

Are you serious? Don't hang to close to him.LOL.

As for your question. It would probably be cheaper to find a used bow in the classifieds. More than likely a few years newer/better/more efficient for less than $200.

New limbs from Barnsdale will run you about $150. They would be worth more than you bow probably.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

if it was for sentimental value, I'd keep it, and clean it up, and hang it on the wall...And buy a better, newer used or new bow...As was said before, the bow isnt worth it to buy new limbs...As for making a recurve out of it, some compound riser make awesome recurve riser, depending on the riser...I have made a recurve out of a ProLine riser, and another one from an old PSE riser....Check out some of the WARF bows put together by a fella named Bob Gordon, in Idaho..Do a search on this site, on the Traditional board, or go to www.TradTalk.com and ask around...Tell them that Harpman sent You...Take care...Harperman
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

That sort of sounds like my old "Convert-a-Bow" idea.
    Finding replacement recurve limbs to convert a compound.

Red, you can maybe find an identical used bow used online for parts if the original is something of sentimental value to you.

I do agree though that some of the older bows out there can be more appealing than some of the modern bows.
    I'll take a smooth shooting, forgiving bow that gets 240 fps over something loud and handshocking that is faster than a speeding bullet any day of the week.

I have an AR-37 Blade target I bought off an AT-er on the classifieds forum that I positively adore. They don't make that model any more, so I tend to baby it. If it got messed up, I would be feeling just like you do.

Limbs

I have a set of limbs for a Browning that are in good shape.I was trying to put them on my Brownng but they wouldn't fit. I don't remember what model they were for offhand,PM me with model you have and I'll let you know if they will fit.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Browning limbs

Quote Originally Posted by DonsHarley View Post
    I have a set of limbs for a Browning that are in good shape.I was trying to put them on my Brownng but they wouldn't fit. I don't remember what model they were for offhand,PM me with model you have and I'll let you know if they will fit.
    Yes I know it's YONKS ago - but do you still have those limbs?

Quote Originally Posted by tamixltd View Post
    Yes I know it's YONKS ago - but do you still have those limbs?
    I'll have to look out in the barn tomorrow it's possible there still out there I never throw anything out i'll let you know.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.