Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rest for a Genesis

Rest for a Genesis

I purchased a Genesis and a Mini-Genesis for my kids for Christmas. I was wanting to put a Whisker Biscuit on them, but someone told me there may be clearance problems, that it can't go over far enough due to the riser cut out not being that large, and as a result the center shot would be off. Has anyone tried the Whisker Biscuit on the Genesis and/or Mini Genesis, and if so what were the results? Any other suggestions for a good rest for that bow line for small kids? Thanks!

2014 Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra QAD HDX Carbon Express

I put a whisker biscut on my sons mini genesis. it works ok but he says it blocks his vision. but he is only 5yo so i may try something else.

I have a Hostage rest on my kid's Genesis and will replace it shortly with a Flipper like they come with when purchased new. The Biscuit won't go in towards the riser enough to get the centershot right on ours?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPaul View Post
    I have a Hostage rest on my kid's Genesis and will replace it shortly with a Flipper like they come with when purchased new. The Biscuit won't go in towards the riser enough to get the centershot right on ours?
    What model of biscuit is that? Can you use the really thick spacer like the deluxe have to get you closer to the riser?

I had the same problem on mine. I used some washers to pull it over, but it is not the best rest for this riser. I have left it on for now though , because I like the way it holds the arrow.
    signed by me.

I put a cheapy 2 prong rest on my daughters. The center shot is out a bit to allow for fletch clearance, but so far she hasnt complained too bad. I believe that the flipper may actually be the way to go. Kind of treat it like a recurve with wheels.
    Amatuers practice til they get it right, Pros practice til they can't get it wrong....

Dont be surprised when you hit it, be surprised when you miss!

i put a QS biskit on my sons genesis, and it works out well for him. as far as clearance goes, just tune the nocks to where the cock vane faces away from the riser.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhed27 View Post
    i put a QS biskit on my sons genesis, and it works out well for him. as far as clearance goes, just tune the nocks to where the cock vane faces away from the riser.
    I don't understand? Sounds like the bottom vane would hit the stiff bristles and I don't see how it would help the centershot issue.
    signed by me.

I strongly recommend a Biscuit for the Genesis, and it was the first thing we put on our grandson's Genesis a year ago for Christmas. You really don't need to worry about "true" center shot with the Genesis, as you aren't in a competitive set-up. Bring the ring as far right as you can, (if right handed bow) and you should be good. Vision clearance shouldn't be a problem if they are anchoring at the corner of their mouth, but can be if the youth is trying to look down the arrow shaft. We recommend the basic biscuit for each Genesis we set-up for our mentor group and the pro-shop I work at.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

Quote Originally Posted by elkkat View Post
    I don't understand? Sounds like the bottom vane would hit the stiff bristles and I don't see how it would help the centershot issue.
    I dont know that a kid would notice the difference. And I am not sure how much difference it makes that a vane goes thru black. I wonder if any with a shooting machine and a chrono can do a little experimenting - maybe someone has done that already.

use the soft bristled model. with the nocks indexed as i stated it will keep the vanes from hitting the riser. that's what works for us, i'm open to see how others have theirs setup.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhed27 View Post
    use the soft bristled model. with the nocks indexed as i stated it will keep the vanes from hitting the riser. that's what works for us, i'm open to see how others have theirs setup.
    How does the vane hit the riser from a full containment rest? Never saw a WB with just soft bristles.
    signed by me.

Jarhed

Just dawned on me how the vane can still hit the riser if it is behind the riser. I just don't put it that close.
    signed by me.

How does the vane hit the riser from a full containment rest? Never saw a WB with just soft bristles.
    the way ours is setup, approximately 1/3 of the biskit is behind the riser to get as close to centershot as possible. there is very little room to work with. the older model biskits don't have the black stiff bristles. you can play with the indexing and still get around the stiff bristles.

We had a WB Deluxe on my sons Mini with no problems. The bigger issue was with the sights.
    Trinity Archery, Inc.
    "There is nothing more stable than the Trinity"
    www.trinityarchery.com
    Hebrews 11:1 - Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

What about the QS Whisker Biscuit Deluxe? I just saw it had a spacer that looks like it might push the plate out and give it more adjustment room.

wb.jpg

My Daughter uses one on her Mini Genisis
    Oh Well so much for being loyal
    07 Slayer NOS, Ripcord, Beenfarr Doublewide, Shrewd Stab, STS, CJ DN2 Supreme, Victory VF400HV V1s 280FPS
    2009 Victory Archery National Shooting Staff
    R4L/M4L

I have 5 genesis bows that we use to teach archery and they all have the whisker biscuit on them. We don't have any problems with them and these are college aged people shooting these bows in a introduction to archery class.
    I'm just happy to be here.

Cloud County Community College
    Archery Club Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bones1768 View Post
    I have 5 genesis bows that we use to teach archery and they all have the whisker biscuit on them. We don't have any problems with them and these are college aged people shooting these bows in a introduction to archery class.
    Do you use the entry level WB or the deluxe?

We use the entry level WB on 4 right handed bows and 2 left handed bow.
    I'm just happy to be here.

Cloud County Community College
    Archery Club Sponsor

OK guys, I'm convinced. I'm gonna try the Whisker Biscuit. Only question I have now is: Which size biscuit do I get for the Genesis arrows? I don't know what size shafts they are equivalent to. Thanks!
    Last edited by pTac; December 8th, 2007 at 05:18 AM.

If the youth is going to use the genisus bow for the NASP, there will be a problem. National archery in the schools program does not allow any change in the rest that comes on the bow. If the child intends to shoot any NASP competetion, the bow and arrows must be origional. Check with a NASP coach before any changes or modifications are made to the bow. When shooting competetion no marks or decals or blemishs are allowed on the limbs or riser. Also NASP does not allow sights on the bows. As of next year, only full length geneius arrows with the logo still on the shaft are legal. Also next year the nock set will have to be tied on and not a brass nock set or the shrink kind.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by tldga3 View Post
    What model of biscuit is that? Can you use the really thick spacer like the deluxe have to get you closer to the riser?
    Never really thought about it until you typed the above response.

I added three washers I had just laying around the house and it worked like a charm. Centershot is now perfect and my little girl no longer gets mad when the arrow sails to the left of where she is aiming!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ttt

I put my QS deluxe on my son's mii-Genesis and it works great, he loves it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast