Thread: Straight or deflexed riser bow suggestions please...

Straight or deflexed riser bow suggestions please...

I am interested in a bow with this kind of riser. I am familiar with the Mach X and Thunderbolt from PSE (like the riser design coupled with short limbs). Can you think of any other bows similar in design I may have overlooked? Thanks for suggestions! ANY manufacturer is fine.

I am partial to the PSE bows but Fred Bear went the same way this year with the short limb straight riser design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I am interested in a bow with this kind of riser. I am familiar with the Mach X and Thunderbolt from PSE (like the riser design coupled with short limbs). Can you think of any other bows similar in design I may have overlooked? Thanks for suggestions! ANY manufacturer is fine.
    BowTech bows are the Constitution, General, Guardian and Commander.
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

IMHO -- The "riser design", be it straight, reflex, deflex, is a non-issue in selecting a bow; the brace height, axle-to-axle length, and balance are what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert2 View Post
    IMHO -- The "riser design", be it straight, reflex, deflex, is a non-issue in selecting a bow; the brace height, axle-to-axle length, and balance are what's important.
    I keep reading that. Even what Merlin has to say about it. And I don't buy it. But only because I have in my possession two bows, one reflexed and one deflexed, that have the same AtA at full draw, same string angle, same cams, same grip, same draw weight and even set to the exact same DL. The BH is less than 1/4" different, too. But the deflexed riser bow DEFINITELY aims better. Maybe not noticeably more accurate (well, maybe a little easier to shoot accurately), but there is less movement from side to side in the sight picture. No doubt about it. The deflexed riser just settles MUCH quicker and doesn't have the side to side "wiggling" (for lack of a better term) that the reflexed riser bow has. It seems to me that riser geometry has a bit to do with that. And that can't hurt accuracy at all the way I see it.

Recently, there was a picture posted in the general discussion section of a PSE Moneymaker (2008) at full-draw......the straightness of the riser was startling, but it looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by XP35 View Post
    I keep reading that. Even what Merlin has to say about it. And I don't buy it. But only because I have in my possession two bows, one reflexed and one deflexed, that have the same AtA at full draw, same string angle, same cams, same grip, same draw weight and even set to the exact same DL. The BH is less than 1/4" different, too. But the deflexed riser bow DEFINITELY aims better. Maybe not noticeably more accurate (well, maybe a little easier to shoot accurately), but there is less movement from side to side in the sight picture. No doubt about it. The deflexed riser just settles MUCH quicker and doesn't have the side to side "wiggling" (for lack of a better term) that the reflexed riser bow has. It seems to me that riser geometry has a bit to do with that. And that can't hurt accuracy at all the way I see it.

I have found the same to be true.