Thread: Kam Act mk2 any ideas???

Thumbs up Kam Act mk2 any ideas???

I was fortunate enough to have a Martin Archery Kam-Act MK2 handed down to me a few months ago and I contacted the original company and they have no strings or anything in stock that is compatible for the beautiful/unique bow. They told me that it was a rare find since it was in really good shape, and that i should hang it on my wall because there was less than 1000 made in production. I'm not a collector! I'm just a avid hunter, not historian. so to help out those who are collectors, i am asking everyone. where to get the top value for this great condition bow that is roughly 32 years old. any ideas??? if you have any ideas email me or call :

salozier9191@yahoo.com/or 3307081222 EST 9am-9pm

thanks for helping a fellow hunter

shannon lozier

Here's a link to a completed auction. I think the final price is pretty typical of what these go for. I bought mine in the upper $200's about 5 years ago.

Well, I couldn't get the link to work. The final bid amount was $358 on ebay. You can conduct a completed item search on ebay for "Kam act" and you can see it for yourself.
    Last edited by 500 fps; January 3rd, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
    I love the smell of dentin in the morning.

"they say the empty can rattles the most
    the sound of your own voice must soothe you
    hearing only what you want to hear
    and knowing only what you've heard"

If you was to put a string on it....do not pull it back....
    I finally was able to find a guy that had one and right before he was going to bring it to me, he decided to shoot it. Needless to say the limbs ain't what they use to be.....

Good advice above. I also bought one about 5 years ago as well and paid around $250. In good condition, they typically go for about $350. Of the "collectible" compounds that show up with any regularity, they probably are the most valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 fps View Post
    Here's a link to a completed auction. I think the final price is pretty typical of what these go for. I bought mine in the upper $200's about 5 years ago.

Well, I couldn't get the link to work. The final bid amount was $358 on ebay. You can conduct a completed item search on ebay for "Kam act" and you can see it for yourself.
    500fps...

thanks for the info... it will come in handy. Thanks again

salozier9191

The Kam Act was produced in 1974, fewer than 1000 were ever produced. I spoke to Gail Martin back about 82 or 83 at a Super bow festival in Pennsylvania sponsored by the old Bowhunters discount warehouse. He said they didn't know how to build limbs for them back then and that 80% of them had there limbs fail within the first year. So being realistic there are probably less than 50 working models left today. It truly was ahead of its time in many aspects being the first cam bow, adjustable from 25 to 80 lbs and a very large range of draw lengths. Yes I have a working model, that never gets pulled I also had one in 1974, I spent about $400 dollars on archery gear that year and was in the Army making about $2000 a year,,the wife still reminds of this today

Talking Vintage Bows

Got one in my collection also,great shape have all the extra cables for it.This one is their Hunter version and the limbs are like new.I spoke with Terry Martin a few years back and he was able to send me a copy of instructions for it.What a puzzle!Good luck

I also have one that I shot for years it was a great bow for its time Did have new limbs put on it, they are white and the rest is camo. I also have the catolog from that era. May sell it down the road.

Kam-Act

I have just picked up one of these bow's and would like to know what it is worth and if there was any one to buy them.also any info. on it would help.Thanks Kevin
    Last edited by buckslayer58; August 21st, 2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: misspelled word