a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Concept Archery Bows - 99% let off?

Concept Archery Bows - 99% let off?

Has anyone shot one of these bows with 99% let off or heard any feedback from any owners?

Deezlin has one or two I believe. I dont have much experience with them though.

I have never shot one, but I do have a funny story about one.

A friend of mine shoots at a club that has an indoor spot league. A fellow member of the club showed up with one these bows. The Gentleman drew the bow back and held it by the string up side down. Meaning he let go of the bow with his hand at the grip and held it up by only holding onto the string showing everyone the 99% let off. Everyone gathered around in total shock. The first time he did it for everyone everything went fine. The second time around a new member came in and everyone said to the guy show him that thing again with the bow.
    So he did again and well it didn't go as plan, the guy ended up with a broken arm........

Other than that I'd say its sounds like an interesting bow, just don't try that little trick and you'll be OK.....
    GET SERIOUS! YOU'RE NOT SHOOTING A HOYT?

HOYT CARBON ELEMENT--EASTON AXIS--G5 STRIKERS--SWORD SIGHTS--SCOTT RELEASES

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike View Post

A friend of mine shoots at a club that has an indoor spot league. A fellow member of the club showed up with one these bows. The Gentleman drew the bow back and held it by the string up side down. Meaning he let go of the bow with his hand at the grip and held it up by only holding onto the string showing everyone the 99% let off. Everyone gathered around in total shock. The first time he did it for everyone everything went fine. The second time around a new member came in and everyone said to the guy show him that thing again with the bow.
    So he did again and well it didn't go as plan, the guy ended up with a broken arm........

Other than that I'd say its sounds like an interesting bow, just don't try that little trick and you'll be OK.....

Bet he never did that again -good story though

Thanks for the response guys. I got a bum shoulder and was just curious. I take it they are not to popular since this thread slid to page number three in a couple of hours. Maybe that is what the FBI calls a clue.

So your shoulder only hurts when holding it back? Is it a life-long injury?

I can't imagine how hard it would be to get a clean release

It hurts all the time, but especially when I draw back. I got a messed up AC joint. I ask for advice on AT about a week ago on what to do about it and got a lot of good comments. I was just interested in the Concept bow to see if anyone here had any shooting experience with it and what the draw cycle was like.

I shot one the first or second year that they made them. If you have a bad shoulder this may or may not be the bow for you, the explanation follows. If you have one of these bows at full draw you can hold there for 2 hours if you want to and if you can hold the bow up that long, you just have to put a little pressure on the string to hold it back and I mean little. Some people love this for hunting. Now if you get busted and the deer blows the County and you are standing there with a bow drawn back and you having 2 options, those being either try to let the bow down or shooting the arrow into the ground. If you have a bad shoulder I would suggest shooting it into the ground. The problem is you can't let the bow back down without really "pushing" on the string and then look out! That thing will take off and rip your arm off! I almost messed my shoulder up trying to let it down, bad move. Now there are some people on here that say that they put the Cam on their leg and let it down that way. Don't get me wrong now, these are very good bows and I am not trying to degrade them at all. The guy who makes them is a very nice person and I talked with him at Erie a few years back. So what I am telling you is this bow could be just what you need or it could really mess your shoulder up more. That is the choice you have to make. I can say that I liked the bow for the most part. When you are at full draw and you touch off the trigger on your release the arrow takes right off. You can actually change the bow to 80% letoff by moving a pin anyway. Sorry about being long winded on this one guys.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike View Post

So that's what happened to Tink......

The Yankee,

Thanks for taking the time to post that detailed response. You answered a lot of my questions. I would definitely have to shoot the arrow instead of trying to let down.

Man!

I guess he'll get a BREAK from shooting for awhile
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

Quote Originally Posted by aboyer View Post
    So that's what happened to Tink......
    I didn't know it was him!!! I guess there was more to the story that I never heard or maybe don't remember..........
    GET SERIOUS! YOU'RE NOT SHOOTING A HOYT?

HOYT CARBON ELEMENT--EASTON AXIS--G5 STRIKERS--SWORD SIGHTS--SCOTT RELEASES

I've talked with a guy who has one, and he says the release on them are very difficult you kind of get the feeling that you are pushing the string along and then it takes off. He was not a big fan of it. Why he got it I don't know he was just saying that it isn't a very good bow once you get past the novelty of having virtually no holding weight.