Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Are The Pin Shooters?

Where Are The Pin Shooters?

Was standing on the indoor shooting line last night and realized...I'm the ONLY pin shooter here? It reminded me of a Jimmy Buffet song...'I got recurves to the left...scopes to the right...and I'm the only pin shooter in town!'

Jerry, mdbowhunter
    I ain't as good as I once was.........

Do you really want us FSers to come back DOWN and kick that butt

But down my way it is the other way around....more pins then FS equipment. I think at states last year the line I shot there were 4-6 FS shooters everyone else shot BHFS.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Do you really want us FSers to come back DOWN and kick that butt

But down my way it is the other way around....more pins then FS equipment. I think at states last year the line I shot there were 4-6 FS shooters everyone else shot BHFS.
    What's a few more imprints on my arse gonna hurt?

It was even worse at the HillBilly last year. Having a pin sight...you definately felt like the red-headed step-child!!!
    Last edited by mdbowhunter; January 22nd, 2008 at 08:57 AM.
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

Cause you are the Red headed step children
    Durham County Wildlife Club Archery Chairman - Where NFAA Field Archery Lives www.dcwc.net

Martin M4L Team, Scepter 4 Furious X, Razor X Nitrous and Slayer X SE, Stan, Sure loc, Brite site, Winners Choice, Carbon Express

Quote Originally Posted by jarlicker View Post
    Cause you are the Red headed step children
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

Pins-only, for me. We have a lot of BHFS, including seniors up our way. Many alternate various weeks between BHFS and FS with target and bowhunting setups.

If we want the Average Joe to get involved in Field (Bowhunters and 3D shooters), then BHFS is the way to get them in.

It's been pins all along for me. I finally found a deal on a target sight last night that my cheap butt is willing to pay for so at least for indoor I'll be losing the pins. Heck in PA pins is more competitive then freestyle . . .

I'll still probably stay with pins for field. I love shooting my Switchback for field and I was a regular animal slayer with it this year after shooting it for field all summer.
    Pete

" They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." -- The last words of Union Army General John Sedgewick before being killed by a Confederate sharp-shooter in the opening battles of Spotsylvania.

Alot more pin shooters than FS here. Sometimes there are more traditional guys than FS shooters.
    Scott and Son Archery
    Home of BRIGHTFIBER fiber optic products.
    New Athens Archery,Martin Pro Series, Elite Archery and Copper John/Stan Dealer!
    Martin Silver Star Shooter, Gold Tip Advisory Staff Shooter

LOL - You think you're lonely? Try being the only barebow recurve shooter on line with 15 FS compound shooters. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    LOL - You think you're lonely? Try being the only barebow recurve shooter on line with 15 FS compound shooters. (smiley face goes here)

Dave
    A good friend of mine...who I have shot with for 17+ years...shoots Bowhunter! Not BHFS...not BHFSL...straight Bowhunter. And yes, he is quite lonely too.
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
    It's been pins all along for me. I finally found a deal on a target sight last night that my cheap butt is willing to pay for so at least for indoor I'll be losing the pins. Heck in PA pins is more competitive then freestyle . . .

I'll still probably stay with pins for field. I love shooting my Switchback for field and I was a regular animal slayer with it this year after shooting it for field all summer.
    You're killing me Pete! I thought I could count on you to stay in the fraternity...
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

I Shoot pins
    i also use my hunting bow for 3-D

I'm a pin shooter.
    There is a hand full that I shoot with on a regular basis, everyone else in on the FS train.
    Team Pink Shooting staff
    JNS SPORTS llc. shooting staff
    Martin catch the Fever

Theres still a few of us here but more and more are going over to dark side I like my pins, I shoot about the same as with my free style equip.
    John
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite, Stan, Sureloc, Fuse Carbon Blades and VAPs
    Hoyt AM 32 TT drop away, Stan Shoot off, GT 5575, Rage 2 blade, Fuse Carbon Blade
    Green Mile Outdoors Staff "Like" us on Facebook!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdbowhunter View Post
    What's a few more imprints on my arse gonna hurt?

It was even worse at the HillBilly last year. Having a pin sight...you definately felt like the red-headed step-child!!!
    My hair wasn't red then...

But.. thanks to the hillbilly shoot, I'm movin on up....

(won a scope and lens in the Hinklemonster shoot...)

If it'll make ya feel better, next shoot I'll bring my Martin... with pins...

I shoot my hunting rig. The only change is to lower the weight and go to heavier arrows to make the speed requirements.

Pin shooters are vastly out-numbered by FS'ers around here.
    Recovering Golf Addict

PHP Code:
    Originally Posted by jarlicker  
    Cause you are the Red headed step children

[QUOTE=mdbowhunter;6120227]:eek:[/QUOTE

i got your back.. ! we'll give it a go at the hilbilly this summer; rumor has it , that BH is bringing a pin set up as well......
    south-paaw.....
    N.O.A.H. Pro Staffer
    National Organization of Archers and Hunters
    We have a N.O.A.H. Pro Staffer Social Group started http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/group.php?groupid=143

Quote Originally Posted by south-paaw View Post
    PHP Code:
    Originally Posted by jarlicker  
    Cause you are the Red headed step children 

i got your back.. ! we'll give it a go at the hilbilly this summer; rumor has it , that BH is bringing a pin set up as well......
    Yeah, he keeps saying that...but the force is strong in M4L...and abanding the scope for pins may be seen as a trip to the 'dark side'.
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

Yeah, he keeps saying that...but the force is strong in M4L...and abanding the scope for pins may be seen as a trip to the 'dark side'.
    I will shoot pins one day just to hurt your feelings.....
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    I will shoot pins one day just to hurt your feelings.....
    Won't hurt my feelings Hornet. Besides, if they keep changing the rules in BHFS you never know what I might do...
    Jerry, mdbowhunter

You're killing me Pete! I thought I could count on you to stay in the fraternity...
    I'll probably stay pins for field . . but indoor . . . I've been shooting FS (Unlimited here in PA) even with my BHFS setup. I shoot much better not holding off. So I may as well get s "real" target sight and do it right.
    Pete

" They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." -- The last words of Union Army General John Sedgewick before being killed by a Confederate sharp-shooter in the opening battles of Spotsylvania.

At our club you can count the FS's on one hand and have fingers left over

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
    I'll probably stay pins for field . . but indoor . . . I've been shooting FS (Unlimited here in PA) even with my BHFS setup. I shoot much better not holding off. So I may as well get s "real" target sight and do it right.
    Now yer talkin Mr O...

Quote Originally Posted by Spotshooter2 View Post
    At our club you can count the FS's on one hand and have fingers left over
    We have quite a few pinshooters actually.. I was shooting amongst em last week.. they were everywhere on our end of the line I tell ya.. camo and all... I'm thinkin I might have to bring my hunting rig down next week...I'll blend in better...

Changes

Won't hurt my feelings Hornet. Besides, if they keep changing the rules in BHFS you never know what I might do...
    I received a copy of the agenda items for the upcoming meeting in vegas and a lot has to do with eliminating styles or condensing them. If you guys want to continue to shoot BHFS you may want to take an interest in the agenda item that wants to allow up to 7 pins. At the rate they are increasing allowable stuff for your style it would not surprise me that in the near future they would try to eliminate the BHFS division and make you guys shoot in the FS division. Just a thought to ponder. If you check out what was allowed in the early 90'S til now you will see what I mean. Looks to me that you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot (Finally hit something)
    Ed Bowen
    BOHNING NOCK AND VANES
    Hoyt Alpha Elite, Zenith release, Bernies control Freak stabilizers

I want it to go back to a lot of the older regs, 125 grain minimum points, NO rear stabilizer BUT an STS type is allowed but it must be made to stop the string. Keep 5 fixed pins only . I still would like to keep my verifier lens since without it I would have to switch over to FS since I wouldnt be able to see my pins without one. No need for 7 pins . Heck I get confused sometimes with five pins and use the wrong pin, no need to add 40% more pins to confuse me even more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast