Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: firecat speeds?

firecat speeds?

Just got back from my local proshop and shot the third firecat that they got in. I am very interested in this bow for my "speedbow" and like the draw better then any other binary type cams I have tried. The problem is the speed. I am shooting 29in draw and 70lb using the same 354gr arrow for each bow. The speed for the three bows were between 290 and 299 for the latest one. Is this about normal with these bows? I was thinking that the speed would be in the 320 range at least. I am not bashing, and do really like this bow, just a little down about the speed. Is there any Marting guys or girls, on here that could tell what, if anything I or the shop might be doing wrong? Is there a special timing issue that needs to be addressed? I am looking for ideas, Not Bashing! Any advise would be helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by 4IDARCHER View Post
    Just got back from my local proshop and shot the third firecat that they got in. I am very interested in this bow for my "speedbow" and like the draw better then any other binary type cams I have tried. The problem is the speed. I am shooting 29in draw and 70lb using the same 354gr arrow for each bow. The speed for the three bows were between 290 and 299 for the latest one. Is this about normal with these bows? I was thinking that the speed would be in the 320 range at least. I am not bashing, and do really like this bow, just a little down about the speed. Is there any Marting guys or girls, on here that could tell what, if anything I or the shop might be doing wrong? Is there a special timing issue that needs to be addressed? I am looking for ideas, Not Bashing! Any advise would be helpfull.
    There is a "sweet spot" so to speak in terms of cam rotation that helps considerably. I'll see if I can find a pic of what I am speaking about.

I am getting 310 at 66lbs 28.5 in draw with a 328gr arrow. the cam really likes to be wraped you gain quite a bit if you get it in the right spot

I shot one at my dealer and at 27.5 dl 354 grain arrow 71lbs
    308 to 315 fps
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

I read everything I see about the firecat , very intrested in this bow. Rock 77 PM sent.

Maine woods

PM answered
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

Sweet spot -"CAT CAMS

I have asked the same ? about my slayer on speed,the fire cat i shot at the shop was getting about 285+/- 29" 450gr 70lbs the slayer i bought was geting 290fps these were after some cam adjustment i would like to see grey eagle's pics please, i thought more speed was there just dont know if we were adjusting cams right.
    2010 Elite judge,QAD ,montana flashpoint sight ,beman MFX arrows,G5 Striker's. LIFE MEMBER- Coalition to ban coalitions

299? 70 at 29 "

This bow is adv. what 335/345fps I.B.O. I'm really considering this bow for my draw and weight! Have thought's on elite but the price tag over the martin. If its timeing on the cams, from the box, what says you buy one get her broke in and it isn't in time no more? 20fps makes alot of difference! Just asking, I am not bashing, JUST have a Question about the future oiwer of a Fire Cat, Thank You Very Much in Advance, Venom

If this is norm for a FIRE Cat 70lbs. 354grain arrow, 299fps. What would it do for a 60lbs. 28" 300grain arrow do? Just asking. not bashing, because this was the bow for short draw people. Thank's, venom shooter

Quote Originally Posted by venom shooter View Post
    This bow is adv. what 335/345fps I.B.O. I'm really considering this bow for my draw and weight! Have thought's on elite but the price tag over the martin. If its timeing on the cams, from the box, what says you buy one get her broke in and it isn't in time no more? 20fps makes alot of difference! Just asking, I am not bashing, JUST have a Question about the future oiwer of a Fire Cat, Thank You Very Much in Advance, Venom
    Hello Venom:

I don't have my Firecat yet, but it's on the way.

Cam timing is a function of cable stretch.
    Good quality cables, then you will have ZERO problems
    with the cams coming out of adjustment.

So, good cables, adjust the timing,
    then you will be AOK.

"Set it and forget it"
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

factory?

Quote Originally Posted by nuts&bolts View Post
    Hello Venom:

I don't have my Firecat yet, but it's on the way.

Cam timing is a function of cable stretch.
    Good quality cables, then you will have ZERO problems
    with the cams coming out of adjustment.

So, good cables, adjust the timing,
    then you will be AOK.

"Set it and forget it"
    How is the factory string doing? Doesn't seem to well. Do they very from the factory? Length wise? Just waiting for crackers to tune one and post some speeds! Thank You, Venom

C.A.T. cam pic

Here is what I found to be the best rotation of the cam, so far anyway Notice the gap of about 1/8" between the wrapped cable.

The draw cycle on the C.A.T. cam is such that there can be large speed variations in a very small adjustment range on the rotation of the cam. This is typical of any cam of this nature.

I know in speaking with Crackers, at the ATA show, he indicated something similar. And in fact he mentioned that with his special "tweaking skills" he was able to get some pretty impressive speed #'s out of the cam. I'm sure he'll post up something in the foreseeable future
    Attached Images Attached Images

speeds

I hope Cracker does. I want to take this bow with me to Africa as my "speedbow" but want to know for sure that the speed is there.

I talked to Mike (Crackers) about the Speed on the Fire Caat and he said they he got a significant improvement in speed when putting his strings and tuning on one. He did not give me exact numbers but said it was a big improvement!
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

How do you get that cam rotation? twist string, cables or both?

Crackers informed me that he got 329@29" on one he did, didn't mention if it was 60# or 70# though. He also stated he was waiting on another one with the 30" mods so he could tweak that one.

Firecat

Quote Originally Posted by schiene102 View Post
    Crackers informed me that he got 329@29" on one he did, didn't mention if it was 60# or 70# though. He also stated he was waiting on another one with the 30" mods so he could tweak that one.
    It was my bow 70# 329@29 350grains 60# 320@29 300grains Bow lost 1 fps when limbsavers were put on. I put loop, and a peep on it. My results 29" draw
    64# 342 grain Maxima 320fps
    70# 364 grain Maxima 322fps
    ARCHERYSHACK FIELD STAFF
    archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by neednew1 View Post
    It was my bow 70# 329@29 350grains 60# 320@29 300grains Bow lost 1 fps when limbsavers were put on. I put loop, and a peep on it. My results 29" draw
    64# 342 grain Maxima 320fps
    70# 364 grain Maxima 322fps
    What was it shooting before he worked his magic, or didn't you test it? Does it feel any different on the shot? Maybe you could post some pics of your cam rotation so we can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by schiene102 View Post
    What was it shooting before he worked his magic, or didn't you test it? Does it feel any different on the shot? Maybe you could post some pics of your cam rotation so we can compare.
    I didn't ask. All he said is that people were saying that 452x would slow it down. And that it was not true. I didn't shoot before.
    ARCHERYSHACK FIELD STAFF
    archeryshackstrings.com

I really want to shoot one one of these bows. I'm really curious about the asymetrical binary type design. Looks to be a real shooter!

cam adjustment:

As far as i can tell the cat cam is going to take some time at the crono to get the best speed out of it,i might just set DL useing Dr stop and adjust moudule and try sevral diffrent rotation's. my slayer still has factory strings wich may hinder the whole process i dont know. But the same route on both cat and slayer should lead to more speed right?
    2010 Elite judge,QAD ,montana flashpoint sight ,beman MFX arrows,G5 Striker's. LIFE MEMBER- Coalition to ban coalitions

Quote Originally Posted by tenmilestyle View Post
    As far as i can tell the cat cam is going to take some time at the crono to get the best speed out of it,i might just set DL useing Dr stop and adjust moudule and try sevral diffrent rotation's. my slayer still has factory strings wich may hinder the whole process i dont know. But the same route on both cat and slayer should lead to more speed right?
    +1

Exactly!
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

my 60# firecat with everything just as it came from the factory shoots 320 at 29.5 draw and 325 at 30.5 with the long draw mod with no modifications to anything this was shot at 58/59 pounds and a 297 grain arrow.

hmmm... I am really thinking of getting one, but from all I've seen on here they are coming up 10-20 fps slower than advertised...

Take a look at this and the link in the thread. . .

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=611716
    "He who gives attention to the word [the Bible] will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord [Jesus]." - Proverbs 16:20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast