Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Cat Cam-Optimum Settings-Advice-Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jcoop360 View Post
    I just want to put my 2 cents in on what Studt has to say. I don't believe I would trust anyone on their advice on setting up a martin bow more than I would trust Gary. If he is saying this or that works best in his findings, I strongly recommend you at least try it because it will probably help. I have dissagreed with him before and quickly been proven wrong!!!! ha ha. I have a 30" draw Cat cam slayer, hopefully I can hook up with Gary and do some investigative tinkering and I will post the results.

Jon
    Jon...no doubt Gary knows his stuff. I also have the CAT cam Slayer and started with his advice and went from there. Everybody has a preference on how they want a bow to feel, but maximum forgiveness is sought after by everybody...however you have to decide what your priorities are with this cam, because it allows you that adjustability. If you want to throw the fire, set it such. If you prefer a longer valley, then that can be accomplished, if you want to tease out your exact draw length, then that can be done also. I like the adjustability of this cam and have it set right now for the "feel" that I prefer.

The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

BROADHEAD TUNING<-----Click

Validation

Group, I had a chance to mess with the Cat Cams again yesterday. I was wanting to try a few more things. However, after putting the bow in the Hooter Shooter again I realized it was exactly as I had left it. Still as good as I could get it. I guess I validated some of my own testing. Wheel sync still dead on. Arrow flight absolute money. Groups great.

I will be trying some more ideas in the future but not with this Slayr. It is just right. I will get another one to play with.

I hope you all have the same luck with the cam.

Let me know if anyone has learned anything they would like to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Jon...no doubt Gary knows his stuff. I also have the CAT cam Slayer and started with his advice and went from there. Everybody has a preference on how they want a bow to feel, but maximum forgiveness is sought after by everybody...however you have to decide what your priorities are with this cam, because it allows you that adjustability. If you want to throw the fire, set it such. If you prefer a longer valley, then that can be accomplished, if you want to tease out your exact draw length, then that can be done also. I like the adjustability of this cam and have it set right now for the "feel" that I prefer.
    Well said Doc, I just hope people don't miss the what Gary is trying to do with this thread and that is to help people get the Max out of their bows. I just wanted to make SURE people can trust what he has to say.
    Best of luck to you.

Jon

Is anyones Firecat or Slayer at advertised specs? Firecat is supposed to be 33", and 7". Mine is 32 3/16" and 6 3/4" at 27" draw and 70 lbs. Does it need t be at these specs or not?
    Dream Season UF/Rytera Alien X/ Hoyt Ultratec VersaCam/CommandCam+
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives
    "Burn the village to the ground. Doo da, Doo da".

Mine is at 32 3/8" and 7".
    "He who gives attention to the word [the Bible] will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord [Jesus]." - Proverbs 16:20

Thats what mine are at, 32 3/8 and 7", and from what I was told, that's where they're supposed to be. The catalog was printed early before finals!
    JACK'S ARCHERY PLUS, THE LEFT HAND SHOP! STROTHER RUSH XT, STROTHER WRATH , CBE QUADLITE, SWORD APEX 3rd PLANE, VAPORTRAIL ARCHERY ,GOLD TIP UL PRO 22s,,CX MAXIMAs, VICTORY VAPs

That's good to know! Thanks Jacko!
    "He who gives attention to the word [the Bible] will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord [Jesus]." - Proverbs 16:20

I got some sppeds for ya'll. . .

This is with a Nealy's custom string, no "speed-nocks", super-peep, d-lood, tied-on kisser, and a short center serving separate of the sts serving.

27.5" dl, 76lbs, 383gn arrow. . . 282fps. That seems about 20 fps short to me.

Do I need to wist up my cables and add some nocks to get her closer to were she should be speed wise? Thanks guys!

Hoss

Yes, More Speed is there to get

make sure you shorten the cables until you have the small gap as shown in the pictures in post # 6.

After that you will need to reset the poundage and draw stop. After you have that done then add the speed nocks to the string for another 4FPS or so. You will need to move the speed nocks around to find the perfect spot for the most speed. You should end up at approx. 305 FPS. if your draw is truely AMO 27.5.

Good luck and let me know how it works out.

How do I get the cams synced to match each other? One cam is right at 1/8th, the other is closer to 1/4" from the post. One cam is slightly out of rotation.
    Dream Season UF/Rytera Alien X/ Hoyt Ultratec VersaCam/CommandCam+
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives
    "Burn the village to the ground. Doo da, Doo da".

Shorten the cable that is wrapped around the post, and the gap between post and cable will increase. This should decrease the gap on the other cam.

mods

gjstudt why are your mods shortened?
    archeryforacure.com

70# MARTIN SLAYER X
    70# PSE X FORCE
    60# RYTERA TRAID

Answer

I was screwing around trying to reduce weight in the cam in order to generate more speed. I reduced each mod approx. 100 grain in weight. This yeilded only 1 FPS. I will be reducing them further after I receive a back up set. You know just in case I go over the edge.

I would really like some Aluminum screws for the mods if anyone can make some. If I moved from a steel screw to an aluminum screw we could reduce the cam weight another 60 grains per cam (30grains per screw).

If you know anyone that could make some please let me know.

right on

Quote Originally Posted by gjstudt View Post
    make sure you shorten the cables until you have the small gap as shown in the pictures in post # 6.

After that you will need to reset the poundage and draw stop. After you have that done then add the speed nocks to the string for another 4FPS or so. You will need to move the speed nocks around to find the perfect spot for the most speed. You should end up at approx. 305 FPS. if your draw is truely AMO 27.5.

Good luck and let me know how it works out.
    gjstudt you are right on the money with this mine is at 27.5" dl 70.1 lbs. 354 grain arrow 305fps.
    I would think he could get that out of his.
    one note though I think we had a little longer draw and then brought it down to fit me with the draw stop ie. shortening the valley
    rock
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

good deal

Rock 77 lets hope Cowboy has the same results when he gets his all tuned up.

I set up a firecat for in the shop , here are the results

61.1 # @ 28 " dl

Arrow fps
    437 gr 263
    396 gr 275
    325 gr 297
    308 gr 306

I have been reading this thread for a week now and just got my Firecat today. Thanks for all the input fellas.
    08 FireStorm Blue Bowtech General 27.5 / 60# ,Toxonics 5 pin .019 Sight ,TT Orig Micro adj. Rest , Easton Bloodline 480's , Vanetec Hp 2.0 , 11" PythonStabalizer, Spott Hogg SNS Release,
    BC Bowstrings Shooting Staff www.bluffcountrybowstrings.com

Goodluck Elk4me
    The draw cycle is a little tough but I switch from a Bengal to the firecat it was a drastic change the more I shoot mine the more I get use to it.
    I am either getting more use to it or stronger but it has begun to feel smooth.
    I did glue the STS rubber stopper on it kept falling off every 10 shots or so.
    Give us a report back on what you experience with it.
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

I chronoed my Cat again today so I could make my sight tape, 63#, 29", 341gr UL Pro 22, 302fps! I think I'm done!
    JACK'S ARCHERY PLUS, THE LEFT HAND SHOP! STROTHER RUSH XT, STROTHER WRATH , CBE QUADLITE, SWORD APEX 3rd PLANE, VAPORTRAIL ARCHERY ,GOLD TIP UL PRO 22s,,CX MAXIMAs, VICTORY VAPs

Victory among us

Well group.

I won the IBO Alabama shoot in the PMR class over the weekend. That was a great deal for Martin Archery and the new CAT cam.

My bow was set up just as you will see in all the posts I have made in this thread.

Martin Archery on Top

I shot a 413 with 21 11's.

congrats G.

Good shootin buddy keep it up!!!
    see ya at Girt's or Gaston if you are going there.
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

Rock, I finished 8th in the SPM. I'll catch you later.
    Doug
    Thats Great! ....Now stand over here.
    I'm driven by perfection. I just don't like it when she tells me to ride in the back seat.

WOW
    I'm not worthy!!!
    Firecat is working great dgirt
    Thanks for all the help!
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

it looks like a martin slayer with nitrous b cams at 28 draw is faster then a fire cat with the new cat cam

Hmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    it looks like a martin slayer with nitrous b cams at 28 draw is faster then a fire cat with the new cat cam

Redman, can you get an arrow that is marked with inches and draw you bow and have someone take a picture of the arrow while at full draw? I would like to see where the draw length marks are in relation to arrow rest holes in the riser. That will be the true mark as to which is faster.

Keep in mind nothing makes a speed difference faster than the draw length.

Please do that post back. It would help us all.

I too had the Nitrous cams and they are indeed fast. This draw test will be a good comparison for a really true answer.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast