a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best compound bow for 300 to 400 dollars

best compound bow for 300 to 400 dollars

I dont have a lot of money so please help me out by telling me the best bow for my price range.

"Life is nothing more than an adventure given by God"

my bow that i have for sale in all seriousness what are you looking for in a bow? what type of hunting do you usually do? what are your specs? draw length, lbs you can pull comforatably...stuff like that would be useful in reccommending a bow to you.
    Katera XL Armortech PRO Easton Axis 340's 100gr Grim Reaper Razortips FOBS

Vector Turbo
    Armortech PRO Easton Axis 340's 100gr Grim Reaper Razortips FOBS
    Quote Originally Posted by nagster View Post
    Lots of quiver sniffin going on in that facebook exchange

Check out the fred bear bows. martin as well... but if your looking to just spend 3-400 you should look at used bows. becuase if you buy a new bow for 3-400 your going to spend 2-300 more setting it up with sight,arrows,rest,quiver, release and paying to get the work done on it.. I would check out used bows with everything on it. go to ebay. you could prob spend 4-500 and not have to spend anymore than that. just a thought.
    Check out Team NB on Youtube or huntvids.com. Public Land DIY hunts in Mass

A Bear Truth off of Ebay. I've seen a couple complete bow packages going for around 350

Depends on what you're looking for. Check out this site: http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoun...pound-bows.htm There are some great deals on the closeout section right now. But most guys will tell you to go shoot everything you can get your hands on, then decide what feel right for you. Based on "spec's" alone, I think something like a PSE Brute, Martin Sabre, or Martin Bengal or Cheetah may be the best "Bang for your Buck$$$."
    ~~Doug~~ N.O.A.H. PRO-Staffer
    2006 Hoyt Trykon XL 29"-70#'s / Alphamax 35 29" 60#
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme (MADE IN USA) tipped with ST Magnums
    Sword Apex Hunter / Sword Twilight Hunter with TT Micro-Adjust / Shaffer Tec Dropaway
    "What ever you say or do as a hunter reflects on all of us hunters, use good judgement!"

Fred Bear or Mission for new bows...Check into a few of 2007's used models for other brands' bows that sold for $500-$600 last season
    '09 BOWTECH S.W.A.T. / TROPHY TAKER / VITAL GEAR CAMELBACK / VIBRACHECK / GOLD TIP VELOCITY XT 400 / NAP THUNDERHEAD 85 / KWIKEE KWIVER COMBO 4
    2012-2013 Deer Contest CHAMPIONS! TEAM FLATLINERS!
    2014-2015 TEAM #21 - Blackjack

Diamond Justice

Bass Pro has the 2007 Justice on clearance for $399. That's what I did last year and I love mine.
    Diamond Justice 65# 29" DL
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 27.5" W/3" quickspins
    QAD Ultra-Rest HD, Hunter Hogg-IT
    11 1/2" Homemade Stab W/Limbsaver Modular nodes

Quote Originally Posted by SEOBowhntr View Post
    Depends on what you're looking for. Check out this site: http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoun...pound-bows.htm There are some great deals on the closeout section right now. But most guys will tell you to go shoot everything you can get your hands on, then decide what feel right for you. Based on "spec's" alone, I think something like a PSE Brute, Martin Sabre, or Martin Bengal or Cheetah may be the best "Bang for your Buck$$$."
    wow, there are some really good prices
    08 Guardian
    "We didn't get to where we are on the food chain by being vegetarian.
    Are we not all target archers by default?
    I harvest crops. I kill animals.
    When asked 'How can you shoot Bambi?', I say 'I don't shoot Bambi, I shoot his dad.'

Look that Mission by mathews, lifetime warranty to original owner...good bows, start out around 340 for a NEW bow...

If you can find a Jennings Stike or Reliant try it out. One of the best bows I've ever owned.....
    PSE X-Force Vendetta XS
    Bowtech Assassin
    Crimson Talon Viper Venom

theres a bear trx 32 on here now loaded for 250.00
    Bowtech Sniper,Code Red,Apex Covert

Quote Originally Posted by SEOBowhntr View Post
    But most guys will tell you to go shoot everything you can get your hands on, then decide what feels right for you.
    Yep...then you'll know exactly what to go after in the AT classifieds! Some great deals there.
    '08 Mathews DXT...plus lots of other great stuff!!
    “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.” V. Lombardi
    "Don't Blink...life goes faster than you think" K.C.
    Member - Maryland Bowhunters Society

if your left handed then there is a browning rage for 100 in the classified. good bow. i was thinking about it myself.

The new Bear lightsout and the bear showdown look good for the price, both have an 8.75 brace height as well.

Ebay has many different bows in that price range.
    Hoyt Vector 32, 30'/82 lb , Hoyt Vectrix 30'/71 lb
    QAD Ulta HD rest Black Gold 4 pin
    Octane 8" stab.
    Rage Two Blade Broadheads 100 Grain
    Easton Axis N-Fused 300 & Goldtiped 5575's

best compound bow for 300 to 400 dollars

Don't forget to check out Reflex also - made by Hoyt. There's a Ridgeline on that Hunter's Friend link
    Reflex Buckskin / XT Hunters w/ Blazers / G5 Strikers /
    VBG Hollow Pino/ No Peep / MZE / TRU Ball Pro Diamond Xtreme

Don't know if they still have any in stock but Mountain Archery in Idaho was selling New 2007 Diamond Black Ice bows for $459.00 shipped!! Good deal on a very good smooth shooting bow.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarsh83 View Post
    Look that Mission by mathews, lifetime warranty to original owner...good bows, start out around 340 for a NEW bow...
    I agree, for the money they can't be beat. I would personally reccomend you look for a bow here in the classifieds, a couple year old Hoyt or Mathews can be in your price range.

I'm a huge fan of the AT Classifieds. You can get great deals on bows that are only a couple years old and in good condition. Plus, you'll save money that you can then spend on your accessories.
    Team 28 - Quiver Sniffers

Look at the Martin Moab, bow is great and is under $400. I would say the best bang for your buck out there. Shoots aswell as bows in the $700 dollar range. I saw one in the classifieds for close to 3 not sure what all it came with.

Another vote for the Moab, Martin bows have always been a great value for the money. Their business philosophy may be different, but their engineering is excellent.

Or, you can shop for a used bow. You can get a real nice bow for that kind of money, used one year.
    ... sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug ...

Thumbs up all good adviseposted here.

AT is a great place to find deals! I gotten my last five bows from AT members.

If your looking for a new bow I would look long and hard at Martin bows! I have a Cheeta and man its a really nice bow! I paid 349.00 for it at Cabelas!

Pse has some realy sweet bows in your range also. I feel there are alot of nice bows and suggest you get your hands on some shoot as many as you can.

I have a Mathews bow listed here on AT for a heck of a deal. shoot me a PM if it will suit your needs.
    Good Hunting
    Koz
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

check out parker bows

You could get a used Bowtech for $400.00. Look around here in ArcheryTalk Classifieds. You will find one, if not a Bowtech, then maybe a Martin,Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, or whatever you wanna buy. Check it out.
    ~ Light Em' Up & Shoot Em' Up with ZBros Archery Sight Lights ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast