Thread: best hang on treestand for crooked trees

best hang on treestand for crooked trees

I know there are a few hang ons that are adjustable, but what are your favorites?

Lone wolf works really well, the predator from loggy boyou looks like it would be really good too, and they are on sale big time right now at cabelas.
    In Between.....

anyone know how much adjustment is in the summit deer deck?

I have 2 deer decks and the leveling system on them is pretty good; however i found them to be very loud when using only the hardware summit provided. I went down to the hardware store and bought more and thicker nylon washers and put them everywhere it quieted it right down
    I tend to think of LUCK as the point at which preparation meets opportunity.
    You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life - Fred Bear

Best hang on stand for crooked trees is the Climax. Used them in Montana in a Cottonwood and they can adjust to any crooked tree. They are under usually under $100.00 and this stand will not move at all once it is locked in. Very, Very sturdy stand.

Quote Originally Posted by thuffman View Post
    Best hang on stand for crooked trees is the Climax. Used them in Montana in a Cottonwood and they can adjust to any crooked tree. They are under usually under $100.00 and this stand will not move at all once it is locked in. Very, Very sturdy stand.
    who makes this and where do you buy them??

I bought the Predator by Loggy Bayou last year and it's great for crooked trees. I have 3 other hang on tree stands and I used the Predator the most, because of how light and easy it is to setup. Get yourself some Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks and you can hang and hunt out of the Predator stand in about 10 minutes.
    May The Force Be With You and not your Prey!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jslucas22
    PSE Axe 6, 62lb, 29" DL
    BowMadness 300 (380 grains) @ 293fps

Quote Originally Posted by BADJEDI View Post
    I bought the Predator by Loggy Bayou last year and it's great for crooked trees. I have 3 other hang on tree stands and I used the Predator the most, because of how light and easy it is to setup. Get yourself some Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks and you can hang and hunt out of the Predator stand in about 10 minutes.
    I looked at this one, but in all the pics it is on a tree that is leaning back. I need it to adjust to a tree that is leaning out on the side I need to be on. do these have good adjustment both ways?

Quote Originally Posted by sback05 View Post
    I looked at this one, but in all the pics it is on a tree that is leaning back. I need it to adjust to a tree that is leaning out on the side I need to be on. do these have good adjustment both ways?
    True it is primarily made for trees that are leaning back, but it works both ways. At one of my hunting spots, I did use it on a tree the was leaning forward (because it had the best cover), it wasn't the most comfortable, because you are leaning forward all of the time and it shortens your platform a little. There is no sideways adjustment on it, but it could work if the tree isn't leaning to severely.
    May The Force Be With You and not your Prey!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jslucas22
    PSE Axe 6, 62lb, 29" DL
    BowMadness 300 (380 grains) @ 293fps