Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: things youve found while hunting

Quote Originally Posted by drum3rguy View Post
    A tent filled with goodies where a homeless person had been camping out. We called the police and they caught him a few days later.

That's funny!

"His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

This past year I found a huge 10 pointer dead on my dad's property near my stand. One of the guys that hunts on the neighboring properties mentioned to me that he had a blood trail from a huge buck going into our property. I told him he could gladly look for his deer on our property (he never found it). I found it 3 days later 35 yards from me stand. I called the the man who shot it (you could clearly see the bullet hole in the neck) and he was very excited. It was a good feeling to help out a fellow hunter that may have never found his trophy.
    Hoyt Spyder 34
    G5 85 Grain Montecs
    I like big bucks and I can not lie

Quote Originally Posted by drum3rguy View Post
    A tent filled with goodies where a homeless person had been camping out. We called the police and they caught him a few days later.
    You ratted on a homeless guythe shame

I have found arrows,a knife,a folding stool and lots of golfballs

Found some rattlin antlers tied together. Found a few arrows with broadheads. Most recently was a pop up blind with the middle caved in and about 400 gallons of water froze up in it.

Old oil can

Attached Images Attached Images

Last year while Turkey scouting there were cow tracks every where I went. And this part of Indiana has some very steep hills. Finally I walked up the main trail I take to the good Turkey spot and found the cow, a big one, keeled over on the side of the trail. He must have had a heart attack trying to find his way back. It took almost 6 months for that thing to rot away. Needless to say I didn't use that trail for a long time. And boy am I glad I didn't walk up on that in the dark one morning.

found a few "hunters" fast a sleep,found a 110 buck knife 20ft up a tree.
    stephen J.Bear...

Growing up in Northern CA I have found hundreds and hundreds of pot plants. Always makes you go into survival mode looking for booby traps and or care takers of the plantations. I just back out and keep away from the area for a season. Old gold mining equipment, mines, and a lot of pick heads. Up near Nevada we use to find loads of arrow heads and pictographs. In west Texas I found an old Mexican Army Spur. Out here in AR/MO I find more arrows, and dead deer than I can count. Lots of old car parts, junk and bottles. Fishing is were I find the good stuff, like a $300.00 G Loomis fishing pole with a $100.00 Shimano reel, an engagement ring, 1963 class ring on a set of keys, about $1750.00 in cash over the years, and enough tackle to open a store.

I've found a Glenn's Deer handle and a leatherman that I still use.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

I find humility every time I climb to the top of a mountain and watch the sun rise, or hear a bugle; see an eagle nab a trout from an alpine lake or watch my breath crystalize in the cold morning air...

did anyone find my release? seriously... I looked & looked....

when i was a kid i got a gas powered helicopter that would fly up into the air and drop a little toy soldier thing and he would parachute down. Well it was windy the day that i tried it and it blew over top of the trees. about 5 years later i was walking in the woods with my squirrel gun and about a half mile back in i found it laying on the ground.

I came across this along a stream once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxlyK...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by HARTMAN25 View Post
    when i was a kid i got a gas powered helicopter that would fly up into the air and drop a little toy soldier thing and he would parachute down. Well it was windy the day that i tried it and it blew over top of the trees. about 5 years later i was walking in the woods with my squirrel gun and about a half mile back in i found it laying on the ground.
    man, you got all kinds of issues with the wind...
    I knarfled the garfunk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G View Post
    You ratted on a homeless guythe shame
    Well, he was pretty much homeless by choice, so I should have said "tresspasser".

I found one of those weather ballons last year too. Pretty weird, at first I actually though it was the neighbor who had the brass enough to set a feeder up on the edge of our property.

I have spent a lot of time in the big woods of the northeast so I have found all sorts of logging equipment, skidders, trucks, horseshoes, chains, saws, boats, old hunting and logging camps, iron smelting furnaces etc.

I found a 3-cell mag light while grouse hunting in PA. It still works today.
    BuildItAll
    '09 GT500 Ninja, Hogg-It, Limbdriver
    '09 GT500 AT, Hunter Hogg-It, Limddriver
    Twin Oaks 3-D www.twinoaksarchery.com

x-mas

I found a x-mas ornament of st. nick in a green suite with a brown hat. It had a date on it from 1902. I washed it up and it goes on our tree every year. The thing I also wonder is how some things so domestic(personal) get out in the middle of no-where.

Quote Originally Posted by old Graybeard View Post
    So far I have found a couple knives, two camp stools, a canteen, a grunt call, a vest, a pair of shoes, and some old underwearAlso found a tagged and field dressesed buck with a drag rope tied around his neck and an orange vest wrapped around it's chest, it was very old
    I hope you didn't feel obligated to bring the underwear home!

BTW, was there a dead hunter anywhere near that field dressed buck?

HR

Antler in a tree

Found this guiding last year. Also and bloody arrow from the year before and the 6x6 300 class elk that I believe it took down. And a giant burl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by belden148 View Post
    found a hatchet one time...
    and i actually found 3 arrows stacked side by side by side in the ground on a deer trail...I looked around some more and could see marks in a tree where a guy used a climber(this was on public land) Must be the guys shot his bow to see if it was on or not and then forgot to grab his arrows on the way out...but what i cant figure is why someone would want to shoot 3 times
    Maybe he was signaling for help?

My dad and I found a grave stone from the 1800's. It said there were baby twins in it.

good topic !! i found a claypigion thrower, smut magazines all wrapped up in plastic bags in a fence row, a cooler full of beer packed with ice, a sink hole about the diamiter of a five gallon bucket and 10 feet deep, its now as big around as a swiming pool.
    2008 Katera Xl
    2010 alpine silverado ventura

Last year on the North Slope in Utah found a porcelain toilet about 1 mile in on the trail. Right in the middle of a meadow with cattle all around it.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast