a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: things youve found while hunting

I Found 4 Old Leg Hold Trap Hanging From A Nail, In The Middle Of Know Where

wasent me bit a buddy of mine found a chick that was kidnaped and shot and left to die one day while he was bow pig hunting here in az she was shot twice and yes ...........she lived

Quote Originally Posted by slamjammer1 View Post
    Found this guiding last year. Also and bloody arrow from the year before and the 6x6 300 class elk that I believe it took down. And a giant burl.
    Wow that is cool
    Trophypursuit. com

liked the sirens, what a find

found an arrow once but mostly find my hunting stuff I lost in the first place
    Bowtech Carbon Overdrive
    Bowtech Tribute
    FMJ's,

In the mid 80s while bow hunting elk on Emerald Mtn. near Steamboat Springs I was slipping though a lodgepole pine thicket and literally stepped on a model 721 Remington in 30 06. I took it over to the rancher's house and he knew exactly who it belonged to. It has been lost 10 to 15 years earlier while horseback hunting. The guy had his rifle scabbard facing backwards and the lodgepoles obviously drug it out. They looked for days and never did find it. It was rusted shut but the guy finally got his rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo901 View Post
    While turkey hunting in the spring of 2006 I noticed something waving in the tree in front of me. After the sun started breaking I could see a heavy string with a small box on the end.
    After no turkeys, I walked over to discover a weather baloon had come down it the tree row.
    It had instructions to mail the transmitter back in an plastic envelope that was inside the transmitter.
    +1 Found one of these on the eastern slopes of the Cascades while scouting last summer.

Found a GPS, pair of binos, compass, knife, shotgun, and a few other things over the years.

This past deer season I found a cut-in-half 50 gallon drum where some guys had been burning insulation off of copper for the black market. They must have been in there alot b/c I didn't see too much deer activity on that farm this year. Last year it was common to see around 10 deer per day. This past spring I found a cell phone during a 3D shoot. Turns out it had naked girly pictures on it. We called a number titled "Dad" on it and he said his daughter had lost her phone. She lives about 50 miles from where I found it.

Howdy

I can tell you I've lost a heck of a lot more than I've found. I found an arrow with an old rohthar(sp) broadhead, a foothold trap in a tree about 3' in the air, an old car with plastic shopping bags in it like someone was living in the car. A 5 point shed, and a fox's skull. A few pot plants, and a kitchen plate. I know I'm forgetting somestuff but this is what comes to mind.

This is definately a great thread.
    Sab

Quote Originally Posted by killemall1983 View Post
    i dont recal there being a thread recently about this, and i cant find anything when i search. has anyone found anything interesting while in the woods? on time in the 70's on an elk hunt here in new mexico there was a really bad snow storm and a ton of elk hunters got stranded in the mountains and had to be air rescued. they left their whole camps there(the area is very secluded and hard to get to) and my dads family went up and found guns and knives. also a few times my dad has found knives and good camping equipment at old campsited from where people got really drunk and lost things or forgot that they took them out. any good stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    One hunting trip in the 70's in NM, we had to be airlifted out of our camps due to snow. We went back in that next summer to get everything we left, but it was gone.
    Is it just me or did no one else catch this?
    Mathews Switchback
    70# 29.5"
    CAP Foxfire SP
    Whisker Biscuit

pack

I was Sage hen hunting this past year and looked down and found an old pack with 2 beers a knife a wallet with 120 bucks in it(no I.D.) and a set of camouflage.
    Pretty good haul

Quote Originally Posted by spartan212 View Post
    Is it just me or did no one else catch this?
    I caught it, I just didn't think it was true, almost like it's too much of a coincidence to be true. If it is then someone should be talking to someone. What are the chances?? It's a small world and it's getting smaller all the time.

Sab
    Sab

Quote Originally Posted by cwa1104sab View Post
    I caught it, I just didn't think it was true, almost like it's too much of a coincidence to be true. If it is then someone should be talking to someone. What are the chances?? It's a small world and it's getting smaller all the time.
    Sab
    I'm not sure if it was a coindidence as much as it was trying to be funny. But who knows it is a small world after all!
    Mathews Switchback
    70# 29.5"
    CAP Foxfire SP
    Whisker Biscuit

Found my new avatar while hunting for deals on ebay
    HCA Iron Mace 62#@30" G5 LE, Meta Peep. Limbdriver,FMJ 400@28 1/4" FOB's Slick Trick 100gr:Bowtech Allegiance 60#@30" G5 ME, Meta Peep,Limbdriver,A/C superslim 340@29" Slick Trick 100gr:Alphamax 32, 29 1/2" 60# G5 XR, Meta peep, Limbdriver,a/c superslim 340, Shuttle T-locs 100gr:82nd Airborne 30" 60# Axcell Armortech,Meta peep, Limbdriver, Axis .300@29" Slick Trick Mags 100 grain:

This used to be a big bootlegging area

and I have found several stills that the revenooers(sp) had chopped up. I have found backpacks, clothing, flashlights, knives, and an old USMC machete that had the tree grown completely around it. Several years later I found the wind had snapped the tree off at the machete and I got it out and still have it.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end "

www.downeastarchery.homestead.com/DEAC.html

Lots of stuff

Where I used to hunt used to be a big bootlegging area and I have found several stills that the revenooers(sp) had chopped up. I have found backpacks, clothing, flashlights, knives, and an old USMC machete that had the tree grown completely around it. Several years later I found the wind had snapped the tree off at the machete and I got it out and still have it.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end "

www.downeastarchery.homestead.com/DEAC.html

Native arrowhead.

Found an arrowhead while checking a waterhole for elk tracks. As I looked around I found an old ground blind a modern archer had built on the waterhole. Also found an arrowhead while sneaking up to a pond to shoot some ducks. Got my first ever triple that day. Three big greenheads. Found some sheds, as well as a dead deer. Found lots of expended bullets on the Barry Goldwater range including a couple of sidewinder missles. This fall I found a dead buck that had been shot through both back legs. The hunters had started to butcher him but then took the head and left the rest including their Kershaw interchangable blade knife. They never did come back for the deer so I have the knife. *******s.

Well, I think I read all the posts and no one has found what I did. Found two five gallon buckets of pot buried under a rockhouse with a piece of metal on top of the buckets and covered with dirt. They even had pics of the pot as it had progressed through the year.

I once found a sweet folding stool that was so light and compact that it had to be designed for mountaineering. I used it and carried it for years in my backpack and one year it finally broke...so I figured I was even.
    Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Founds screw in steps, and once while staring out into the woods I seen a broadhead way up in a tree.

I have found myself

I found an old blackpowder sticking out of the mud in a pond. Turns out a guy a know had drew down on a buck and the gun miss fired. It wasn't the first time and he got mad and threw it into the pond. I have a friend that found a dead body stuffed into an old chimney, I think it ended up that it had been a drug deal gone bad.

South AZ

When you hunt down south in AZ you will find as many back pack as you want. Along with water bottles and trash. Its bad donw there but last year we found a wetsuit didnt know that the Rio gande river was that cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ILDEERHUNTER View Post
    I have found myself
    Well said.

found

when i was 7 me and my dad found a golf cart that someone had trashed and stashed. the golf course was only a mile and a half away but they made it through some pretty rough and muddy terrain to get it there.
    GT-500 70/29

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast