Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: things youve found while hunting

I found my ass with both hands which proved both my brother and my Mom wrong.

Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me
    We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho

I found a old VW rabbit car (made good blind)
    Found a Dinosaur Balloon that said "Happy Birthday Jake"
    A Honda Accord that was gutted and stripped...hmmmm
    A big pile of stuffed animals
    2011 PSE Bowmadness MP
    Goldtip Arrows
    Black Gold Rush
    Muzzy Broadheads

This may not be as good as some of the others, but it was very cool for me.
    I was recently on a very unsuccessful javelina hunt. I was in a bad area with a low number of pigs and the pigs that were there were way smarter then me.
    I did however stumble upon one unsuspecting pig and was present with a perfect opportunity which I missed of course. (I was so surprised at seeing the thing I didn't know what I was doing) But right were the pig was standing I found a very old javelina skull complete with lower jaw. So as stupid as it may sound that was my trophy and it has inspired me to a passionate life long pursuit of javelina hunting

Found a Orange hunting hat, a hot seat, and once I found the entire skeleton of a 7 point buck laying behind a large bush.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ____________________
    VBG Kaz-away-Spot Hogg-Axis400-Vista Quiver-Attic Strings

I found a Department of Transportation survey rod about 2mi into the wilderness a few years ago. Defiantly out of place.
    >>>----Andrew---->

ive found a 150$ jacket bino"s knifes tackle boxes bulits a poachers camp

a buch of pot plants, some dead deer, a pocketknife, and a nice camo can coozie

A couple of years ago I found a big pile of rocks that had been neatly stacked on a ridge. Right in the middle of this pile of rocks was an arrow. I often wonder who might be at the bottom of that pile. I've been back a few times, but I don't plan to look under those rocks!

This was at about 11,000 feet overlooking a prime hunting area.

Ive found a bushnell range finder, and I stumbled across a switchback a few feet off a trail. The hunter must have set it down to pee and couldnt find it! Imagine the horror!

Over the years, I have found lots of stuff, but nothing that I could or want to use. I've found lots of arrows. I have also stumbled upon 3 different whiskey stills,(one was cooking at the time). I also found what had to be more than 100 burlap sacks of pot hanging from the rafters of an old barn on an abandoned farm. The most puzzling thing that I have found was the fresh carcus of a very nice wide racked, 10 point buck in a creek. Someone had removed the hide and left everything else. There wasn't a bit of hide on the deer from the nose to the hooves. Why someone would take the time to remove the hide that way and leave the rest still baffles me!

My friend Dan and I were hunting turkeys in Wayne national Forest in southern Ohio one year. We had set up on this bird for the third time. Suddenly I felt something hit in the side of the face. I looked down to see what had hit me. Dan had thrown a morrel mushroom at me. We were setup in a hillside just covered with them. The bird lived to see another day. We picked those mushrooms til our back could not take any more. Even though we did not pick even close to all those mushroom there wasn't one to be found the following year.

Probably the most unusual thing I have found was a 1952 License Plate from Montana about 14 miles from the nearest road I have no idea how it ended up where it was (Pack horses couldn't reach this area) and it was in really good condition considering.

Found

Some arrow heads one time hunting on some gov. property also found a coyote skull that was a treasure to me I collect skulls turtle shells and other dead animal things.
    MATTHEW 4:4

BUST A BUCK STAFF

Angry

a few years back i was hunting a very nice 10 pointer and every time i crossed the field to get to my treestand i would find an arrow into the ground about 70-80 yds. from the road. 2 were the same amd one was diff. no wonder that buck quit coming out in the evening.

sthil

i found an 029 sthil chainsaw that still runs great today!

I found a duck decoy once , in the middle of some hard timber , NO water for duck hunting within miles still have that decoy in the garage
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

All of the land I hunt gets flooded when the river gets up. We find all sorts of things but nothing much of interest. I have found a wallet once and called the owner in my hometown and got it to them. A friend of mine found a GPS while bowhunting public land and hit the home waypoint and drove to their house and gave it back. I thought that was cool.

Found a grunt tube left by poachers a couple years ago.

Best find: while searching for firewood at a base camp we made was a wooden box with a toilet seat screwed down around a hole in the top - off in the woods about 60 yards from camp. That was a great discovery in October with tempearatures ranging from 5-50 degrees and 2 feet of snow on the ground up in the mountains!
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Walking a few miles from any road I found a 50$ bill laying under some leaves that my buddy stepped on... I thought that was weird. Also found a car from the 50's that was so deep in the woods I had no idea how it could have ended up there. No roads, and thick timber
    2009 HOYT ALPHAMAX 32
    I HOOK UP- BECAUSE IM A DADDY

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for the buck after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You shot a buck. You got a responsibility.' If your buck gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your butt out there and you find that damn buck!

Quote Originally Posted by TXJIMWA View Post
    +1 Found one of these on the eastern slopes of the Cascades while scouting last summer.
    They must lose a lot of them around there. I found 2 when I lived in Oregon on the eastern slope of the cascades. One around Lapine, the other between sisters and redmond.

i found a washing machine close to 1 mile from the nearest road in some really thick woods. the only way it could possibly have gotten there is if it was dropped outta a plane.

I found an old 22 rifle that was all rusty ,and the stock had rotted off .3/4 lb pot cut in oz's in plactic bags in a 5 gal bucket with a lid on it .I also found a 18 year old girl that had ben murdered that day ,thats some thing I wish I had never found .It has ben about 35 years ago and I can still see her face .Only good thing they cought the couple that did it the next day .
    Wild Turkey Ridge & Twin Oaks ( Both gone but not forgotten )
    TRU Ball Staff
    All black Chill X on order coming soon I hope : )
    , Black MR 8
    Smith Mountain Archery

Unhappy wow...that would have been horrible

that is one body that no hunter ever wants to find...thanks for sharing and i hope that it has made u feel a tiny bit more better after telling your fellow archers.....and atleast the people were caught .....as for me, the only thing that i have found whilst hunting is a stabiliser that i had lost 3 years ago....cleaned it up and its on my trykon now

I have found a folding chair,a pair of gloves,a tree style bowholder,pot field.

i have found a duck decoy, switch blade knife that i use today, orange vest, treestands, very old shoes, thousands of buckets, a dieing fire with a mustard and ketchup bottles next to it, traps, a old house with a ton of old newspapers in it

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast