Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avid Archery archery shop in Spring Hill Kansas

Thumbs up Avid Archery archery shop in Spring Hill Kansas

I was just wondering if anyone on here goes to or has been to Avid Archery in Spring Hill Kansas? It used to be located in Olathe Kansas and moved to Spring Hill not too long ago. Everyone should check it out if you are in the area. It is a great place and Bill is a great person to do business with he will always help you and he stands behind what ever he sells. Just giving a bump to a local archery shop and curious if anyone has been there.

I used to shoot there on my lunch breaks when they were in Olathe. I haven't been there since the move south. I'll make it there sooner or later...

lol, hmmm that's what happened? I went the the olathe shop just before I bought my DXt and thought "Man, what a miserable little shop with absolutely no product.

I must have been there just before they finished the move. Noiw I will have to get to Sring Hill to check it out with all its guts and stuff in the store. It has got to be better than the one in Olathe.

Thats where I just bought my DXT now I will go there for almost everything

I will get there asap
    Tri-County Rod and Gun Club

I got my DXT at Iola. I got a great price, but I could not get in the door. Litteraly, could not get in the front door or the back for that much. I just bought the bow and had to bring it home and do the set up myself.

Well after seeing another post about the string on another members DXT string finally resting place on the outside of the rubber Suppresor. I read that it could be a soft rubber suppressor or cam lean. or mixed up Idler rubber suppressor. I checked and the corect suppressor is in the idler arm. and it appears that the rubber is ultra pliable.

Upon a note from another member that saw my post, he showed me a post on Mathews forum about one of their tech guys that told one fellow to have the rubber replaced and if his shop did not have the correct rubber idler suppressor, to contact him(the tech guy from Mathews) I was assuming he meant that let me know if your shop dont have it, I will send one to your shop and then they will have one.

Well, I pm'd the rep at Mathews and told him about the Iola shop(closest by far to me). I told him I could not get into the shop. Well from the response I got, I doubt he read either my post on either AT(which I referenced to) or even my note to him inthe PM.

Basically what I got was, 'got to your shop and have them replace that part. I don't send parts from here.'

I certainly hope I am not locked into this shop(iola) for any and all warranty work. If so I may have to sell my Mathews bows and maybe go with .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ..what , maybe a .............................. .............................. .............................. ......................Liberty

You guys sure are bringing up some memories, as a kid I grew up between Stillwell and Bucyrus. We used to go to Spring Hill because they had an old fashioned soda shop where you could get a coke made the real way. It was pretty cool. The next time I head back I'll have to check them out. What lines do they carry other than Mathews?

Thumbs up Awesome Bow Shop

Avid Archery is a great shop! I got mine there too. Pickert you may have seen me there a time or two! LOL
    Aaron
    CRACKERIZED Switchback LD 70# - 31"
    QAD Ultra Rest HD, G5 Optix LE Sights
    Rage Broadheads, Beman Bone Collector Arrows
    288 FPS, 72.03 Ft. Lbs. K.E.

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
    You guys sure are bringing up some memories, as a kid I grew up between Stillwell and Bucyrus. We used to go to Spring Hill because they had an old fashioned soda shop where you could get a coke made the real way. It was pretty cool. The next time I head back I'll have to check them out. What lines do they carry other than Mathews?
    That HAS to be Dairy Anne, right?

I went to the Olathe shop a number of times to shop and/or shoot at the indoor range, and found that the staff was less than helpful just about every time I stopped in, and could have cared less that I was there. I choose to spend my money in a shop that welcomes you as soon as you walk through the door, knows your name, and doesn't quote ridiculously high prices for items you'd like to order. His entire inventory would have fit in a suitcase. What they did to my friends PSE when he ordered new strings through them was abhorrent. My friend had to take it to Crackers an hour north of here and just start over with new strings and tuning. I have never seen a bow so badly out of tune. I hope that the Spring Hill location does better. I won't be a customer, but I wish them the best and I'm glad to hear they're creating some happy customers.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter22 View Post
    I got my DXT at Iola. I got a great price, but I could not get in the door. Litteraly, could not get in the front door or the back for that much. I just bought the bow and had to bring it home and do the set up myself.

Well after seeing another post about the string on another members DXT string finally resting place on the outside of the rubber Suppresor. I read that it could be a soft rubber suppressor or cam lean. or mixed up Idler rubber suppressor. I checked and the corect suppressor is in the idler arm. and it appears that the rubber is ultra pliable.

Upon a note from another member that saw my post, he showed me a post on Mathews forum about one of their tech guys that told one fellow to have the rubber replaced and if his shop did not have the correct rubber idler suppressor, to contact him(the tech guy from Mathews) I was assuming he meant that let me know if your shop dont have it, I will send one to your shop and then they will have one.

Well, I pm'd the rep at Mathews and told him about the Iola shop(closest by far to me). I told him I could not get into the shop. Well from the response I got, I doubt he read either my post on either AT(which I referenced to) or even my note to him inthe PM.

Basically what I got was, 'got to your shop and have them replace that part. I don't send parts from here.'

I certainly hope I am not locked into this shop(iola) for any and all warranty work. If so I may have to sell my Mathews bows and maybe go with .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ..what , maybe a .............................. .............................. .............................. ......................Liberty
    I dont know if you know this or not but there is supposed to be an archery shop for Mathews in Lamar, MO thats not to awful far but just trying to help you find a closer shop. Have fun shooting

Quote Originally Posted by kcarcherguy View Post
    I went to the Olathe shop a number of times to shop and/or shoot at the indoor range, and found that the staff was less than helpful just about every time I stopped in, and could have cared less that I was there. I choose to spend my money in a shop that welcomes you as soon as you walk through the door, knows your name, and doesn't quote ridiculously high prices for items you'd like to order. His entire inventory would have fit in a suitcase. What they did to my friends PSE when he ordered new strings through them was abhorrent. My friend had to take it to Crackers an hour north of here and just start over with new strings and tuning. I have never seen a bow so badly out of tune. I hope that the Spring Hill location does better. I won't be a customer, but I wish them the best and I'm glad to hear they're creating some happy customers.
    Its the same people runnung it now as who did in olathe and you may have had bad experiences with them but they have been nothing but kind and helpful everytime I have been in there. Not teying to cause an argument just stating a experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KSHUNTR07 View Post
    Its the same people runnung it now as who did in olathe and you may have had bad experiences with them but they have been nothing but kind and helpful everytime I have been in there. Not teying to cause an argument just stating a experience.
    Me either. To each his own. Different people have different expectations, and if you're a happy customer that is all that matters.

As I said before, I have been in there to shoot but I have never really dealt with the people that worked there other than paying for my time to shoot. I also felt that they could care less if I was in there but i just chalked it up to the fact that I wasn't really buying anything. Won't stop me from going back in there though.

I dont know if you know this or not but there is supposed to be an archery shop for Mathews in Lamar, MO thats not to awful far but just trying to help you find a closer shop. Have fun shooting
    yeah, I was going to buy my bow there but they were almost $150 higher than the Iola shop. I probably will try Rogers In Lamar if I need parts and or labor. Thanks for reminding me

When my dad and I were looking into getting a Mathews we were going to get it from either Iola or Olathe(Avid). We choose Avid because they would set our bows up for us there. We decided that it was worth it to pay just a little more for that. My friend just got a coupon from Avid to shoot their dart targets for free with one friend, so you are going to take me with you right KSHUNTR07. Avid used to sell Mathews, Hoyt, Ross, and Mission now they just sell Mathews, Mission, and Ross and soon to be just Mathews and Mission. He said Hoyt had problems with customer service and he can't sell nearly as many Ross bows as he can Mathews. This is just what he has told us. Switchback_101 I think I might have seen you in there once or twice. I haven't been up there for about a month and need to get back up there soon. Good shooting to all.

I'm probably headed there on Friday. My dad needs some stuff done to his bow before turkey season.

You might want to look at B&B Archery in Kansas City, MO if you're a Matthews guy. They're right off of I-435.

They're a full line Matthews dealer...And by that I mean they have a lot of them and parts for them. Accessories, etc. They're the best shop in the area, hands down.

You might want to look at B&B Archery in Kansas City, MO if you're a Matthews guy. They're right off of I-435.

They're a full line Matthews dealer...And by that I mean they have a lot of them and parts for them. Accessories, etc. They're the best shop in the area, hands down.
    I'll have to check it out sometime. Avid is pretty close to home for me and I have been going there for a couple of years now and really like the place and Bill. But I'm always interested in finding another place to check out. Thanks.

was the shops supposed to roll out a red carpet for you? Did you call and let them know the man the mith was going to show up and grace there shop with his presents.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter22 View Post

bowtech declaration IV monster xlr8
    quick tune drop away qud ld
    sure-loc supreme hogg it
    extreme scope-- victory hv22's vforcehv
    http://tricountyarchery.shutterfly.com/

Sping Hill Location

I work just down the road from the new Spring Hill location. I stopped by a couple of times to shoot some target and everthing looked in order. However,
    I noticed the other day that their Archery sign is gone!!!! So, don't know if that means their out of business or just doing something else with the sign? I'll have to check it out this week.

I visited B&B last week for the first time on the recommendation of a buddy of mine. I have to say I was greatly impressed! It is easily the best shop in the KC metro I've been to. I had a new QAD installed, that I bought here on AT, and they didnt even charge me for installation. Let me shoot through the chrony and everything. All I bought was an arrow puller. They won my future business though for sure!

Open for Business

Drove by Avid this morning and the ARCHERY sign is back up but has been moved on the building a little further east and closer to the main street.

BB Archery in Raytown is the best customer service you will find anywhere. Earl and Milley and their staff are first class. I buy all my bows from them due to the great customer service they provide.

I love this place...............NOT! This has got to be one of the low end shops in the area. I have went there, and then had to go to B&B to get my equipment fixed correctly. Had my string cut by Bills wife once when she was attempting to remove the serving and re-tie it. And she still didn't get it right when she put a new string on.

I have a friend that had bought 2 new matthews bows from this JOKER and had to pay both times to get it set up for him. The same day he purchased it.

Their rough prices--5$ press fee.............35$ to set up a drop away.........15$ to change strings........45$ to easton/laser tune...... What a rip!

Take your bows to B&B, save some money, get QUALITY service and forget about this little shop. I live within 7 blocks of this little so called bow shop and refuse to go there. I drive 30 minutes to get to B&B just to get their quality service.

If Bill would actually run the shop and they had decent hours/inventory/ Competitve prices and customer service I would possibly give them another try. But as for now they are just part of the old antique shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesh76 View Post
    I love this place...............NOT! This has got to be one of the low end shops in the area. I have went there, and then had to go to B&B to get my equipment fixed correctly. Had my string cut by Bills wife once when she was attempting to remove the serving and re-tie it. And she still didn't get it right when she put a new string on.

I have a friend that had bought 2 new matthews bows from this JOKER and had to pay both times to get it set up for him. The same day he purchased it.

Their rough prices--5$ press fee.............35$ to set up a drop away.........15$ to change strings........45$ to easton/laser tune...... What a rip!

Take your bows to B&B, save some money, get QUALITY service and forget about this little shop. I live within 7 blocks of this little so called bow shop and refuse to go there. I drive 30 minutes to get to B&B just to get their quality service.

If Bill would actually run the shop and they had decent hours/inventory/ Competitve prices and customer service I would possibly give them another try. But as for now they are just part of the old antique shop.
    Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences wtih the place. I personally have had nothing but good ones. Bill has helped me personally everytime I have been there, and that is quite a few times. He has never charged us to setup a bow we have bought from him. And the last time we went there he actually did some work on my dad's bow and let him chrono it for free. And yes everything was setup correct. Have been to other shops in the area, not the one you are talking about though, and some of them seem like they are having to make a big sacrifice to help us.
    When my friend was looking to get a new bow not too long ago, we went to another place and the guy was an *****. Went to Avid and my friend had a much more pleasent experience. He actually bought his new bow there and one of the reasons was becuase of the service Bill gave him.

O and the guys at Bass Pro are great too.
    Team Slayer Outdoors

FOB -O------------> www.starrflight.com
    NC+ Seed Company, Double Z Decals(doublezdecals.com), Madge & Nettie's Cupboard, Prairie Spirit Realty/United Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast