Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Shops.....

Mathews Shops.....

I heard from my local shop that since it carries Mathews bow, they basically have an agreement to not carry Bowtech, Diamond and Hoyt. Sounds like they force the shops into basically only selling mathews. I went to this shop who is listed as a Martin dealer, he told me he can't have a bow in his shop, but he could order it for me.

Thats funny my dealer has diff brands...
    JBK BOWSTRINGS With the 24 Month Guarantee on All sets of strings!
    www.jbkstrings.com

2014-2015 Team #24 - Team Center Punch

NOT the way it is around here!

I'm pretty sure your shop is yankin your chain!
    62" Rutter&Biles, Shape Shifter, recurve 45#@28"... 64" Rutter, Cobra Spitfire, LB 45#@28"... 60" Rutter, Cobra, LB 43#@28".

I've only seen one Mathews dealer around here that didn't carry other brands. That was by choice....
    Owner of Pathfinder Arrow Wraps
    Athens Archery Factory Shooting Staff

Not true, local shop has Mathews and Bowtech. I have seen plenty that carry Mathews along with another major brand. Your dealer just doesn't want the others for whatever reason, probably the money involved in keeping stock up and a lower profit margin based on his mark up.

Let me guess, his Mathews are probably right around $759-$799 right?
    To enter the woods in pursuit of a wild animal, brings my soul alive, It renews the energy within and brings a peace to my life.
    It puts things in perspective, it gives value to life, and perseverance through difficulties.
    It gives me an understanding of what makes me tick!

Or...there are other Bowtech dealers in the area. Bowtech protects dealer areas as does Mathews, and Hoyt to a point.
    Never take life too seriously...nobody gets out alive!!

I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.
    Last edited by ILLbucknut; March 16th, 2008 at 09:39 AM.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

shop here carries all the major brands. although Martin pulled out because they said they couldn't compete in his shop.
    RIP ZAP 11-11-2010

Hmmm, the shop I go too has Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech not to mention other brands.

Another shop near me the same deal. Mathews sitting right next to Hoyts on the rack.

He is indeed yanking your chain. Its his choice to not carry more brands.
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

place i bought my Mathews sells all kinds of bow.

Wrong

Mathews Mafia

I go afield with great aspirations of finding my quarry, and always return with a sense of having found myself.

I'm not sure your pro-shop is being truthful with you. I know of a number of shops that carry Mathews, Hoyts and Bowtech. The shop owners can carry other lines if they want too.
    12 Bowtech Insanity "Crackerized" 27 @ 57 lbs shooting 296 fps with a 355 grn arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ILLbucknut View Post
    I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.

I highly doubt Matt Mcpherson tells dealers what else they can sell next to his bows. Think about it, do you think Matt has time to look at every piece of inventory a Pro Shop has and then give the green light to sell their bows in their shops? Then if something is not o.k. tell them to remove it? Your dealer is mistaken.

Matt is too busy building bows and guitars! Yes guitars as that is another McPherson business!

As for that Mathews attitude, that is just that particular person who happens to own one, I own a Mathews but could care less what another person shoots, as long as their an archer their cool with me!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

Our shop carries Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, PSE and Parker....so,

The Mathews shop I go to sells Hoyt and Bear also

Mathews Z7

Bass and Bucks pro shop in Wabash Indiana
    is a top 100 seller for mathews and they also stock

hoyt
    bowtech
    diamond
    elite
    ross
    pse
    bear
    parker

Must be a Hoyt and bowtech shop close. If not I would drop Mathews and carry the other two. Mathews make a good bow but at least at my shop Hoyt and bowtechs out sell Mathews.
    MR 7
    Black Widow
    Chill
    Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Our local shop carries all those different brands.
    USUALLY THE HUNTERS THAT WERE NEVER ANY GOOD AT HUNTING WILL SHOOT A SPIKE.they just dont know any better and never will amount to anything .......sproulman
    I think meat hunters is another name for "Bad Hunter" or "Low Patience Hunter"....grfox
    Meat hunter=Don't have time/and or patience to hold out for mature buck.....173BC

at the shop i go to they carry mathews, hoyt, bowtech, parker, bear, and i think there might be one other one there too. They just picked up the hoyt and bowtech lines because another dealer in the area went out of business and that opened up the area for another dealer to sell them.
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT
    2013 PSE DNA
    2014 PSE Full Throttle

My local shop carries hoyt,mathews,pse,bear,reflex,d iamond,mission,and bowtech. They droped ross and martin. Ross due to not being able to get bows: and Martin because of no sales(Martin doesn't really have a presance here). Kinda of sucks cause I really wanted to see the new firecat in person

I've been in ALOT of shops that carry Mathews but still sell Hoyt, Martin, Bowtech, Bear and other brands...I think your dealer is feeding you a line of bull.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Good rumors...

Any shop that just carries Mathews is by choice, and nothing else.

PSE DNA
    Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    Carter Hammer
    Trophy Taker Smackdown

The shop I go to has Mathews,Hoyt,Bowtech,PSE,Ross, Bear,and some traditional bows.

You've been hood winked.

My shop has Mathews, Bowtech, Bear....you've been played.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast