Archery Talk Forum banner

TimberTall Treestands

18K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  stringunnr 
#1 ·
Who has one and how do you like it?

#2 ·
I have the brute lite and it works very good, superlight for those long walks in, the only dislike is the cheap shoulder straps. Wish they would come with a padded system for the price. Being able to adjust the stand while climbing and at the top is awsome. Once the stand is in place it is rock solid. Takes a little bit of time to get use to setting it up, but once you get the hang of it, you should be able to be climbing a tree in under a minute after you get to it! I would recommend one.

#3 ·
I've got one....I also bought a lone wolf sit and climb. The TimberTall is not a "quiet" stand....it is quite clanky but it's the lightest and easiest stand to climb I've ever used.

I bought cheap gunslings at wal mart and attached as the backstraps. Works wonders!

If I didn't have a stand currently and had to go buy one...it'd be a Timbertall!

Just a word of advise....practice sitting in it just off the ground before climbing. I had to get used to the top section....it's almost too light! I feel just a bit more stable if I tie my pack to the front of it for added weight while hunting.

#7 ·
Yep, Yep!

I'll second and third all they just said. I've had one for 8 years or so. Had the metal tear on the 1st one I had and he replaced it for free and quickly, no questions asked, he has since redesigned them a couple times and made them even better. The owner of the place is a great guy that is looking for happy customers and nothing more. The clanking comes from the way they nest together. And yes a couple of bungees does fix it. BOTTOM LINE...... I would buy another one.

#8 ·
Love my Brute-Lite!

I traded for a Brute Lite here on AT last fall and love using it. Very lightweight, easy to pack, climbs well, fairly silent and very sturdy. I've made the following modifications to help silence this stand and add some comfort:
- put some traction tape strips on the foot platform
- put 7" clear tubing in the stand where the leveling rods go into so they don't clank or hit metal
- put on a new Summit quick-detach seat w/backrest
- put on some Summit deluxe backpack straps
- Use the rubber-coated API d-ring pins instead of the TT screws to secure the climbing cables (much quieter & faster!)
- added a side-bag (old fleece fannypack) on the handclimber w/zip ties for holding calls, radio, stuff
- dipped the cable-loop ends with liquid rubber
- wrapped the sections of the black climbing tubes that go into the stand with hockey tape
- put some fleece tape down the rails where you insert the pins, just popped holes thru the tape over each hole in the stand
- foam pipe insulation wrapped in camo tape on the climbing bar
- use mineral oil on the leveler threads to keep them corrosion-free and scent-free.

#11 ·
I traded for a Brute Lite here on AT last fall and love using it. Very lightweight, easy to pack, climbs well, fairly silent and very sturdy. I've made the following modifications to help silence this stand and add some comfort:
- put some traction tape strips on the foot platform
- put 7" clear tubing in the stand where the leveling rods go into so they don't clank or hit metal
- put on a new Summit quick-detach seat w/backrest
- put on some Summit deluxe backpack straps
- Use the rubber-coated API d-ring pins instead of the TT screws to secure the climbing cables (much quieter & faster!)
- added a side-bag (old fleece fannypack) on the handclimber w/zip ties for holding calls, radio, stuff
- dipped the cable-loop ends with liquid rubber
- wrapped the sections of the black climbing tubes that go into the stand with hockey tape
- put some fleece tape down the rails where you insert the pins, just popped holes thru the tape over each hole in the stand
- foam pipe insulation wrapped in camo tape on the climbing bar
- use mineral oil on the leveler threads to keep them corrosion-free and scent-free.
All of the above is why I bought a Summit, my son has a TT and I had to do all of this to it to make it similar in use and comfort to a Summit. The TT was $50 more than the Summit before the mods + TT welds are a lttle on the bubble gum side.

#9 ·
I haven't used this stand but after reading the post and some of the replies why not look at a stand that is light weight,all day comfortable,well balanced for climbing,doesn't need a secondary strap to hold seat in place once up,quiet going up or down, comes with padded climbing bar or climb using the seat,has a foot rest built in,can sit facing the tree or away from it,2 models have adjustable shooting rails that are removeable, or use them with the seat pad and turn the stand into a lounge, the cables have rubber ends that are easy to see when dark. All these features for about the same price.
www.treewalkertreestands.com ---- or go to sponsors page and click on their link. Also they keep our economy going because they are made here in the U S A.

#10 ·
My son bought the light model 4 0r 5 yrs ago and after takin fg it to the woods to test I have to say it is the only stand that scared me silly. After getting 20 ft up the tree and getting setteled in I thought it was great then I stood up and the top section dropped to my feet which dropped my stomach with it thank goodness for full body harnesses. Not sure if they have changed or modified it but his had no biters just angled square stock lightly welded to it. Had to bungy the top section to the tree to keep it from moving when bumped. It is up in the attic to never see the light of day again. I bought my son a new Summit Viper which when set in a tree does not budge but I am sure there are other safe and stable stands but taking no chances with my son...

#13 ·
It now has a strap to attach the top to the tree. Like I said to the original poster, practice in it close to the ground to get a feel for it.....you should be doing that in ANY stand anyway.

With safety being a priority being 20 ft up in a tree without "knowing" your stand just isn't very wise!!!!!

#17 ·
I had a timbertall baby lite, it is the lightest stand out there, it was just a little small for me, but it is quite comfortable and if you attach the top section to the tree like youre supposed to on all stands it will not fall, the seat on it leaves alot to be desired though. Its just not comfortable, so I bought another one(seat), It was a great stand though. I bought a timbertall because it is bigger, and just a little heavier, not much though. The only thing I have against a summit is the way the seat is on the top section, it is a comfortable, well built stand but you have to position the top to high because the seat sits too low in the top section, its just how there made. That top section sitting to high can cause problems when shooting at steep angles under the stand, it cost me a big buck once, the treewalker solved this for me, but yes it will do some damage on some trees but you are locked onto that tree because of the spikes. You wont go wrong with a timbertall.

#22 ·
to keep the top section from falling, they provide a strap to wrap around, also I use the bungee cord that I wrap around my angles and attatch to the lower section. and put it around the trww and attatch to the seat portion. I have owned mine since 02. and have made many mods like hang em high did:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.