Thread: Loggy Bayou Going Out of Business?

Question Loggy Bayou Going Out of Business?

Anyone have details as to why? I love their stands and safety harness.

A new company, Go Muddy Treestands, appear to be suspiciously similar to the Loggy Predator and their harness looks identical to the Loggy harness.

I spoke with a Go Muddy rep at the Ohio Deer Expo and he said they are not related to Loggy. But he did say their harness is made at the same factory as the Loggy harness.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

Not going out of business

They do have new owners and are in a transition period for '08 They said after a phone call direct that they would be up in full swing for '09

I had been asking the same thing so I called them direct. I thought might a well, same area code as myself
    Any bow that works in my treestand

Ahhhh!!! I Just Ordered a Loggy Bayou Big Daddy 18 Foot Ladder Last Night

This sucks.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 AP Snow

Seems that it has been tough to get good info on most that offer stands these days. I am not sure why but either they do go out of business or change hands. It was like that few years back with API as well as others. Some were the leader in selling them and you could find them at most places then came along many that have theirs made out the US and they seem to have flooded the market with theirs. Not sure what the TMA does besides test and provide Recall info on what is out there being they are those that make them and sell them.

Just interesting how they seem to disappear and no one knows much on them. It was like when Trax America disappeared I had one of their ladder stands and it was getting old and wanted another and could never find one they had gone out of business. A friend had a Cabelas and it last two years out in the field during 3 month of hunting for 2 years and the steps swelled up and was no longer safe. They only sold it one year and discontinued it...

Seems that quality is tough to find in a ladderstand for a good price, hate to spend a lot only to have it fail within a couple of years... Not sure which ones are the best have asked here and seems that it is hard to get good info on them. Most use climbers and I just don't feel comfortable using them...

Will wait and see what happens with Loggy...

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

Go Muddy treestands is a croc. At first they were going to buy Loggy, but then backed out. They then got together with a past owner of Loggy and are now producing stands using Loggys designs.

mods.. please dont delete this post.. it will be used in court against Muddy

sorry loggy fans but in my opinion loggy lost its quality and with there climbers you need the safty harnes my friend has the same problem so they need a shake up
    Hoyt Alpha Max32 30/72 posten stab. benfar double wide
    no merit pro team
    N.O.A.H. pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by LoggyBayouBoy View Post
    mods.. please dont delete this post.. it will be used in court against Muddy
    Hmmm. Keep in mind that Loggy shamelessly copied Lone Wolf for the Predator stand.

So Loggy is going to sue someone for copying a stand that they copied? That sounds like ten miles of bad road to me.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

[QUOTE=meyerske;6559871]Hmmm. Keep in mind that Loggy shamelessly copied Lone Wolf for the Predator stand.

So Loggy is going to sue someone for copying a stand that they copied? That sounds like ten miles of bad road to me.[/QUOTE

Name one thing similiar to lone wolf on the predator besides the seat. And thats not even a very close copy.

Look, I'm just trying to find out why Loggy is soon to be no longer making treestands and if that is in fact true. I own several Loggys. What if I need replacement straps and seats?

But since you want to know what is copied on the Predator from the Lone Wolf Alpha, here goes:

-The strap attachment system is identical (strap with loops and a "button" on the stand post.
    -The offset bracket (batwing) is identical but the usefulness is limited since there are not two straps.
    -The seat is virtually identical except in color
    -The seat has the same adjustability (screw)

Those are some things that I can think of off the top of my head and I haven't even looked at the stand in four months. The Predator is a darn good stand. If you are going to copy a stand the Lone Wolf Alpha is the one to copy.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

I understand what you mean.. but those are just simple characteristics of one stand. Companys do that all the time. Beman started making carbon arrows and they were a hit, therefore other companies started producing carbon arrows. The deal with Muddy is that they are basically a remake of Loggy.

The owner of Muddy was interested in buying Loggy for several months. He visited the warehouse a few times and got several designs for stands. It was then found out that him and an ex-owner of Loggy had teamed together and started a new company using Loggys designs. Check out there website... notice that every product is nearly an exact replica of an already existing Loggy product. Also, why do you think they get there harnesses made in the same place as Loggy? Its because the ex-owner had all the plans for Loggy and is now using them to try and start a different company.

So why are they no longer making stands?
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

sorry loggy fans but in my opinion loggy lost its quality and with there climbers you need the safty harnes my friend has the same problem
    A harnes should be used with all climbers.