Thread: Broadhead alignment

Broadhead alignment

When you place the cock feather up as in some drop away rests do you have to change the alignment of a three bladed broadhead as one blade will be pointing directly up instead of directly away from the bow when the arrow is cock feather out. what is the best alignment for the broadhead?

Aussie Dog

no you do not have to line the blades up that is just a myth that was started way back in the day of archery I shoot a 3 fletched arrow and a 4 blade broadhead and I know some archers that shoot a 4 fletched arrow and a 3 blade broadhead just make sure your broadhead is straight to your arrow shaft which I mean that there is no wobble to your broadhead when you spin the arrow,I use an arrow straightner to make sure my broadheads are straight.

If it makes you feel good then do it. I don't think it does anything. Just make sure from arrow to arrow they are close to being the same.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

My personal opinion is that although the blades do NOT have to align with the fletchings, the alignment of the broadhead on the shelf has an effect with flight. I personally like my 3 blade heads to begin their flight with one blade up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog View Post
    When you place the cock feather up as in some drop away rests do you have to change the alignment of a three bladed broadhead as one blade will be pointing directly up instead of directly away from the bow when the arrow is cock feather out. what is the best alignment for the broadhead?

Aussie Dog
    It is sure worth giving it a try and seeing if it makes a difference for your set up. It is not hard to do...with a few different arrows and a few different broadheads, a couple of them are going to line up just right. Shoot those at some longer distances, and compare them with the ones that did not line up. If it makes a difference, then do them all that way by re-gluing the insert.
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

In my opinion you are thinking too much. If your bow is broadhead tuned this should not matter. There is a difference between papertuning vs group or broadhead tuning.

Tune your bow and practice you will be fine the number one thing is confidence