a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G5 expert II rest (DMI expert), anyone using it?

G5 expert II rest (DMI expert), anyone using it?

anyone using this rest. are you satisfied with it? any clearance or timing issues? got pics of your setup with it? thanks
    adam

I had it , timing was not an issue. But I did get a hop at the end of the draw cycle. Which caused the arrow lodge between the riser and the rest. Which means I had to let down and redraw, or try to maneuver the arrow back on the rest NOT FUN!!!!! I switched to a Limb Driver, and never looked back.
    Isaiah 49:2 <><

I shoot one on my 82nd air and it is flawless. Easy to tune and I have no issues with it. It is only the second dropaway I have been happy with, with the dropzone being the first.

Also have one on my 82nd. Love it.

Smile best

best drop away on the market,, get it set and forget about it never gets broke or changes
    If you want to improve your game www.archerylessonsonline.com

I like the rest, but was wondering how it would work in one of those cold rainy days? It looks like some kind of roller and I would be concerned that it would freeze up. If not I would be willing to give it a try.
    Opposum,

"If it doesn't feel right, it's not right!"

I have been shooting one on my parker blackhawk
    for a couple of months.It has performed flawlessly.
    It just looks like a roller.(turns to adjust center shot)
    I have had TT,nap,trophy ridge,muzzy and a couple
    of other fall aways.I think I like expert II as well as
    any of them so far.

I had one on my hunting bow and loved it except for one thing. Occasionally there would be a little hop if I drew harshly or quickly. The arrow would jump and sometimes come to rest on the little groove at the top of the roller. If I didn't notice my arrow would be a foot off to the side! Yikes. Couldn't take the chance of not noticing that in the heat of the moment.

I looked at the new G5 version and that groove is not there anymore. I would consider putting the new version on one of my bows now.

hd

I guess the roller wouldn't work for snowy conditions?
    Opposum,

"If it doesn't feel right, it's not right!"

Thumbs up

Shot at the bow shop and loved it that was when the rep had his in there. I ordered one for my Katera but they won't have the one to fit the Hoyts until mid to late April. As stated above it is NOT a ROLLER and winter should not effect it at all. I can't wait to get mine if it works like the one that I shot and it should it is the best rest that I have ever shot and I have shot many!!!!!
    2015 Hoyt Nitrum 30 28"/65lb
    Spot-Hogg Hunter 7 pin wrapped sight, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Treelimb Premium Quiver

Mine works great on my Mathews Drenalin, I had to machine off 1/16 inch of the inside spool in a lathe to get the center right and it made my groups a lot smaller can't wait to shoot it in a tournament. The spool on the rest does not roll it is threaded on the inside for adjustment only then you lock down the button head screw to hold it in place. The key is to make sure it moves to the up position and you still have about 3 inches before your draw is all the way to the end this will set your timing to perfect. there is a good youtube link to show you how to install it. I just type in youtube G5 Expert installation

great rest...easy to tune...and operates totally flawless...if anyone is getting a hop it's prolly cause it is set a hair tight, in relation to draw length.
    WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF OR BECOME A DEALER... jason@blackeaglearrows.com
    "WHAT WE DO IN OUR LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY."
    "SOME OF US ARE DREAMERS, AND SOME OF US ARE DO-ERS!"

i have used both the DMI and the G5 and they were both great.hunted with the G5 this past season and didnt have any problems at all.
    72# Darton Pro3000,ViperX strings and cables, G5 Expert Pro rest,Vital Bow Gear Star Track sight,TruBall Sabertooth release,Gold Tip Pro Hunter with Blazer wraps and Razer feathers,B Stinger stabilizer and Slick Trick 100 gr. standards.

the expert 2 will not work on a reezen 6.5 i tried to set one up with it and it did not work! cant get centershot in far enough

Yes....Best rest on the market!!
    Alpine Fireball F1

I've got one for a great price if someone want to try one out..
    Eberlestock
    RockyMountain packs/Vortex optics/ASAT Camo

Have one on my Marquis, so far I like it alot. Have had other top end drop rests and this one is as good or better in my opinion.

Easy to set-up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MoNofletch View Post
    i 2nd that!

Quote Originally Posted by X-RINGER View Post
    great rest...easy to tune...and operates totally flawless...if anyone is getting a hop it's prolly cause it is set a hair tight, in relation to draw length.
    I was not impressed at all at first... it was too tight and jumped around everywhere. But after your hint, it fixed all my problems. Im back on the band wagon with G5 again.

I have a DMI on both of my bows, I have had no problems at all with them. As far as the arrow hopping off the rest, yes it can happen, I just pull back slower and no hopping off( the fool at the controls did it ,not the rest ).

Proctorville, Ohio across the river from HUNTINGTON, Wv
    yes sir I would. Do you still have this rest? Is it R handed? DMI or G5? How much?

Putting an G5 Gen II on my Reezen this spring, to give it an try. Had an Mathews Gen II, liked it but just looking to try something else.

Matt
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT 28"@ 59lbs, 2011 CRX32 Blackout 27.5" @60lbs
    Darkhorse Stud arrows 400's 28" with Montecs or Rage 3 blades
    Darkhorse Archery Staff Shooter darkhorsearchery.ca ECO3/LOG6 Prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by MoNofletch View Post
    I agree. this is one of the best rests you can buy.

Agree with the majority on this one great rest ultra quiet

I have one and really like it. Its quiet and was easy to tune. Yes the arrow can come off the launcher arm (not a roller) if you draw quickly or harshly but if you keep having that problem it might be that you are pulling to much weight. I have never had that happen to me but it can happen.

I might replace mine with a QAD this weekend just to tinker and try something new. If you want to buy mine and try it let me know an we might be able to work out a deal.
    Athens Accomplice 32
    29.5"/ 60 lbs
    Athens Factory Staff

Team 26: Double Lung Deerdevils

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast