Thread: Anyone have 3+ Iowa Preference Points

Anyone have 3+ Iowa Preference Points

Anyone having 3 Plus Iowa preference points or possibly Iowa resident(s) who may be interested in no more than 2 possible openings on our
    490+- ac lease in Zone 6 (deer) Iowa PM me for details.

NO OUTFITTERS PLEASE. This is an in place signed private long term lease.

Openings would include April Turkeys if you already have a 2008 turkey tag for Zone 4 Iowa turkey. ( No 08 NR tags LEFT/available).

3+ preference points is mentioned and asked because this would virtually get you a 08 archery tag in this Zone. Non Resident deer tag application begins on/about May 1st 2008.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 3 IDNR PREFERENCE POINTS PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR RESPOND TO THIS THREAD.

You are responsible for the $426.00+- N/R tag which includes 1 either sex and 1 antlerless tag, license habitat fee of the on line process with the IDNR. (WWW.IDNR.COM). IDNR mandates you show proof of prior Iowa archery hunting license or a NR bowhunting course certificate prior to application.

IDNR now makes it mandatory for NR to purchase an antlerless tag, and we make it mandatory to kill a doe during your stay, filling that NR antlerless tag. This allows us to inact QDM as well as assist in FARM crop depredation assistance for landowner.

Farm consists of 490+- ac, with well over 200 ac in Mature (Primary White Oak) Timber. Remaining acreage is Beans & Corn under a strict well managed Crop lease program.

The Farm is owned by 3rd generation family farm owner residing out of Iowa & who has never allowed hunting other than an occassional family member or friend. FARM OWNER OR FARM MANAGER DOES NOT HUNT! We have an exclusive signed year round lease agreement. Currently under (our) long term contract lease.

Farm sits close to the mighty Mississippi river & close to the Iowa river before it drains into the Mississippi, in classic fertile Iowa ground/ Timber is high bluff ridges and deep ravines.

Strictly under trophy managment, 140" or better, or fine imposed. If we agree to accept you as a bowhunter on property you will have a chance at a long term arrangement with us. Even in years you can not draw a deer tag you could be able to turkey hunt or shed hunt or simply visit and stay at farm house.

2008 archery deer season openings for any interested party(s) under this offer is Oct 1st thru Oct 21st in first year (2008). You pick the ten day period in that time frame, and on a first come first serve basis we decide who gets the week chosen as to not over lap the two potential parties. So, in essence either you will be there alone for 10 days or possibly with a buddy if both of you have 3+ Preference points.

10 Day hunt includes staying at our leased ranch farm house on the property itself. Specifics of the farm & lodging will be laid out during telephone interview. You are responsible in year 1 for your own hang on or climbing treestands. Preferably climbing sticks and no screw in steps.

Currently my lease consists of myself and three other extremely serious professional highly dedicated bowhunters who will not tolerate any BS under any form or circumstances. But will endorse and assist in the theory of having fun first. In short if you screw up you will leave on days 1 thru 10, no refund of monies, and never asked back (personna non grata). Any lie or violation of trust, honesty or crime will terminate all/any remaining stay and no refund whatsoever.

To make the farm and house lease work for all concerned we are seeking one or two serious, mature bowhunters looking for a premier location and situation to satisfy your passion and thoughts of big bucks and having fun while making a friendship.

10 days self guided archery only includes lodging only. $1600 per man for a 10day period from a time frame of Oct 1st thru Oct 21st. This includes a 4 day hunt for 2008 turkeys this April if you already possess a tag, or April 2009 Turkey if you draw a NR turkey tag. FULL Monies due by June 15th 2008 at the latest.

PLEASE DO NOT PM OR RESPOND TO THREAD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 3 IDNR PREFERENCE POINTS OR DO NOT LIKE OR AGREE TO ANY ONE THING WRITTEN IN THIS THREAD. I will not post or email aerials unless serious talks are initiated as only not to waste our time.

I will and can not respond to responses or PM's that are complaining, negative or not serious in nature. But will respond in great detail to those who seem to be genuine in nature.

Please keep in mind that if you can not or do not have the mind set or capability to pass on or know what a 135"+ 3-1/2 Y/O+ mature deer looks like, or unable to hunt safely and on your own you should pass up on responding to this thread.

Sorry if I sound blunt, but I am trying to keep it real and simple AND ALLEVIATE a lot of routine inquiries.

But please respond if you are seriously interested and capable of meeting these serious bowhunting management demands and developing a long term friendship all while meeting serious archery trophy deer fanatics and fun guys.

Thread will be closed once we decide on the one or two persons agreed upon.
    Time spent in stand is like heaven on earth

Quote Originally Posted by archery_hunter View Post
    Anyone having 3 Plus Iowa preference points or possibly Iowa resident(s) who may be interested in no more than 2 possible openings on our
    490+- ac lease in Zone 6 (deer) Iowa PM me for details.

NO OUTFITTERS PLEASE. This is an in place signed private long term lease.

Openings would include April Turkeys if you already have a 2008 turkey tag for Zone 4 Iowa turkey. ( No 08 NR tags LEFT/available).

3+ preference points is mentioned and asked because this would virtually get you a 08 archery tag in this Zone. Non Resident deer tag application begins on/about May 1st 2008.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 3 IDNR PREFERENCE POINTS PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR RESPOND TO THIS THREAD.

You are responsible for the $426.00+- N/R tag which includes 1 either sex and 1 antlerless tag, license habitat fee of the on line process with the IDNR. (WWW.IDNR.COM). IDNR mandates you show proof of prior Iowa archery hunting license or a NR bowhunting course certificate prior to application.

IDNR now makes it mandatory for NR to purchase an antlerless tag, and we make it mandatory to kill a doe during your stay, filling that NR antlerless tag. This allows us to inact QDM as well as assist in FARM crop depredation assistance for landowner.

Farm consists of 490+- ac, with well over 200 ac in Mature (Primary White Oak) Timber. Remaining acreage is Beans & Corn under a strict well managed Crop lease program.

The Farm is owned by 3rd generation family farm owner residing out of Iowa & who has never allowed hunting other than an occassional family member or friend. FARM OWNER OR FARM MANAGER DOES NOT HUNT! We have an exclusive signed year round lease agreement. Currently under (our) long term contract lease.

Farm sits close to the mighty Mississippi river & close to the Iowa river before it drains into the Mississippi, in classic fertile Iowa ground/ Timber is high bluff ridges and deep ravines.

Strictly under trophy managment, 140" or better, or fine imposed. If we agree to accept you as a bowhunter on property you will have a chance at a long term arrangement with us. Even in years you can not draw a deer tag you could be able to turkey hunt or shed hunt or simply visit and stay at farm house.

2008 archery deer season openings for any interested party(s) under this offer is Oct 1st thru Oct 21st in first year (2008). You pick the ten day period in that time frame, and on a first come first serve basis we decide who gets the week chosen as to not over lap the two potential parties. So, in essence either you will be there alone for 10 days or possibly with a buddy if both of you have 3+ Preference points.

10 Day hunt includes staying at our leased ranch farm house on the property itself. Specifics of the farm & lodging will be laid out during telephone interview. You are responsible in year 1 for your own hang on or climbing treestands. Preferably climbing sticks and no screw in steps.

Currently my lease consists of myself and three other extremely serious professional highly dedicated bowhunters who will not tolerate any BS under any form or circumstances. But will endorse and assist in the theory of having fun first. In short if you screw up you will leave on days 1 thru 10, no refund of monies, and never asked back (personna non grata). Any lie or violation of trust, honesty or crime will terminate all/any remaining stay and no refund whatsoever.

To make the farm and house lease work for all concerned we are seeking one or two serious, mature bowhunters looking for a premier location and situation to satisfy your passion and thoughts of big bucks and having fun while making a friendship.

10 days self guided archery only includes lodging only. $1600 per man for a 10day period from a time frame of Oct 1st thru Oct 21st. This includes a 4 day hunt for 2008 turkeys this April if you already possess a tag, or April 2009 Turkey if you draw a NR turkey tag. FULL Monies due by June 15th 2008 at the latest.

PLEASE DO NOT PM OR RESPOND TO THREAD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 3 IDNR PREFERENCE POINTS OR DO NOT LIKE OR AGREE TO ANY ONE THING WRITTEN IN THIS THREAD. I will not post or email aerials unless serious talks are initiated as only not to waste our time.

I will and can not respond to responses or PM's that are complaining, negative or not serious in nature. But will respond in great detail to those who seem to be genuine in nature.

Please keep in mind that if you can not or do not have the mind set or capability to pass on or know what a 135"+ 3-1/2 Y/O+ mature deer looks like, or unable to hunt safely and on your own you should pass up on responding to this thread.

Sorry if I sound blunt, but I am trying to keep it real and simple AND ALLEVIATE a lot of routine inquiries.

But please respond if you are seriously interested and capable of meeting these serious bowhunting management demands and developing a long term friendship all while meeting serious archery trophy deer fanatics and fun guys.

Thread will be closed once we decide on the one or two persons agreed upon.
    Another scenario for the right person(s) (2 max), if you have 2 Iowa Preference Pts, is pay $850.00 in advance of the May 3rd IDNR application period. If you draw an archery only tag, pay additional $850.00 by July 1st, ten pick you Oct 1st thru Oct 21st time frame.

If you do not draw in 2008, the initial $850.00 goes towards Late special antlerless and/or Spring 2009 Turkeys. By April 1st of 2009 pay the remaining $850.00, then you would have 3 2009 deer preference point, insuring a 2009 Archery fall tag. Same 2009 Oct 1st thru 21 time frame, you pick it.

Another scenario is having in hand 2 2008 preference Pts, paying the $850.00 by April 15th 2008, then Apply in May 2008 for a preference Point only ($10.00), insuring your 2009 Turkey and deer spot, paying the remaining $850.00 in 2009.

There will never be more than 3 persons Max on entire 500ac at any given time. But, in Oct, you would be there alone. Turkeys Galore, up to 25-30 pounders. Strict 140 or better boiw only deer QDM in place.

Currently there are 4 friends in this lease. Seeking one, possibly two more Max.

See opening thread for strict details.

If guys are going to Iowa for a hunt after waiting three years, they want a rut hunt. I have done the same thing in Iowa, I have a lease. I don't limit our guys to only October....everybody is equal and have the same options. Good luck. Ed

Sorry, but this does not sound like too much funs having to knuckle under to all of your demands and basically being limited at that....

Quote Originally Posted by Xseven View Post
    Sorry, but this does not sound like too much funs having to knuckle under to all of your demands and basically being limited at that....
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and these type of replys are the people we would like to avoid, and is exactly the reasons of my detailed thread of what is expected and needed. If you do not like it, and think or know from your experience November is the only time to hunt in Iowa, or feel any of my description is not for you, then move on and worry about yourself.

But if your an experienced hardcore bowhunter with knowledge of what it takes to accomplish a great QDM property, minimizing BS and weed out the complainers, malcontents and arm chair experts as well as read between the lines due to personal & lengthy real experience please PM.

Despite the hardcore detailed approach, the right person would be catered too with friendship and great potential. In return we expect nothing more than what we ask of ourselves.

Again, please do not tie up this thread if any part does not sound like it's for you. Move on, and worry about you!

Below is one of the PM's I received from a serious minded Bowhunter who recognizes what's involved in making a quality property work, and who can understand why bluntness is needed:
    Originally Posted by nstrut
    Sir,

I would like to commend you on your post regarding this lease. It is this type of no nonsense approach to bowhunting big bucks that I love to see, and what many outfitters lack.

I have three Pope and Young under my belt with a lifetime dream of reaching ten. I have only hunted with two other individuals before and quite frankly, that is because I have yet to meet many people as serious us us three are about bowhunting..... along with doing it the right way. We do not tolerate any nonsense when it comes to our time in the woods. We are all smoke, drug and alcohol-free and work in the professional field. (Police Officer, Mech. Engineer, & Honda Paint Production Supervisor)

With all that said, we each have 2 preference points and will have a third at the end of this season for 2009. Do you mind if I keep your information and contact you this time next year?

I would love an interview and the opportunity to be a part of this lease.

Please accept my apologies for posting even though I don't have three points yet. I know you said not to send a PM unless we had three points. I could not let the chance go by to commend you on how you're going about recruiting bowhunters for your lease.

Proper QDM is in place here as well as stressing the importance of respect, safety, and professionalism. You have all the pieces of the puzzle put together correctly. Good luck with your lease!

Best Regards,

John Lonsinger

This is the type of Bowhunter who knows what it takes.

This thread will be closed on 4/11/08.
    Last edited by archery_hunter; April 4th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Iowa

EGO1004 & XSEVEN We wish you great success & luck in finding a premier Iowa property without pressure, bow only, private lodging on private controlled property and a 10-21 day stay all for under $2000.

Again, good luck to you both.

Wow, you might be right. I may not be a hardcore bowhunter or know what time of the year is the best time to pursue trophy whitetails. Wait a minute....I'm looking at my wall of trophies as we speak. I guess that shoots that theory down. As for finding a hunt on a unpressured piece in Iowa I found it for 2,000 for the full year. All your trying to do is offset your lease price by selling hunts at the time of year when deer movement is generally down. I don't have a problem with it but your trying to sell the hunt off like its a great deal. Let me ask you this.....Are you going to be hunting in October?....no......Your buddies and you will be there probably the first of November and hunt for the duration. For anybody that might be interested in a year lease in Iowa for $2000 next year....please feel free to contact me. Good luck to you sir....drop me a line at the end of the year and we'll see who harvested the larger deer. Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EG01004 View Post
    Wow, you might be right. I may not be a hardcore bowhunter or know what time of the year is the best time to pursue trophy whitetails. Wait a minute....I'm looking at my wall of trophies as we speak. I guess that shoots that theory down. As for finding a hunt on a unpressured piece in Iowa I found it for 2,000 for the full year. All your trying to do is offset your lease price by selling hunts at the time of year when deer movement is generally down. I don't have a problem with it but your trying to sell the hunt off like its a great deal. Let me ask you this.....Are you going to be hunting in October?....no......Your buddies and you will be there probably the first of November and hunt for the duration. For anybody that might be interested in a year lease in Iowa for $2000 next year....please feel free to contact me. Good luck to you sir....drop me a line at the end of the year and we'll see who harvested the larger deer. Ed
    EGO Is the perfect name for you. But you should add fortune teller & mind reader, because without ever speaking t0 me/us, you know all the details. Because of your great hunting abilities. I can't wait for one of your humble posts to ruin it too. Jack ---

If you don't like whatt the deal offers mind your business without trying to mind read and explain hypotheticals. Further negative comments on a fair post I will contact the moderator. My Feedback speaks for itself.

For all others the lease is a PAID in full long term deal. We are not desperate for anyone, especially EGO driven people. First year Oct because we did the leg work, paid for it in full, scouted, secured farm house ect ect ect.

Once you prove yourself to us, subsequent years anytime dates can be agreed as a well tuned oiled machine of friends can perform.

If this does not agree with you lease your own or go with an outfitter.

Thread will be closed sooner than 4/11 by the looks of respondants

Well I guess we agree to disagree then.....Good luck this season. I wish only the best for you and your group. I know I will enjoy Iowa...I've waited three years to draw.

up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1 View Post
    up.
    Just want to reiterate that this farm has never been commercially hunted, and for 3 generations the same family has owned it and rarely if ever allowed hunting on it. (Fact)

For those who have PM'd expressing concern about Oct hunting all I can say is that there is no doubt that Pre Rut & rut dates (late Oct thru Nov 25th) are premier dates anywhere. But, this farm has NO PRESSURE, bows only, and food food food.

Again, if it's not for you we understand and wish you the best. But it is a great opportunity for the right person to get on a premier Iowa location for legitmate 140"-200" potential, turkeys too. Future potential to hunt the rut in subsequent years.

2 Pts, gets you in the game for the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by archery_hunter View Post
    Another scenario for the right person(s) (2 max), if you have 2 Iowa Preference Pts, is pay $850.00 in advance of the May 3rd IDNR application period. If you draw an archery only tag, pay additional $850.00 by July 1st, ten pick you Oct 1st thru Oct 21st time frame.

If you do not draw in 2008, the initial $850.00 goes towards Late special antlerless and/or Spring 2009 Turkeys. By April 1st of 2009 pay the remaining $850.00, then you would have 3 2009 deer preference point, insuring a 2009 Archery fall tag. Same 2009 Oct 1st thru 21 time frame, you pick it.

Another scenario is having in hand 2 2008 preference Pts, paying the $850.00 by April 15th 2008, then Apply in May 2008 for a preference Point only ($10.00), insuring your 2009 Turkey and deer spot, paying the remaining $850.00 in 2009.

There will never be more than 3 persons Max on entire 500ac at any given time. But, in Oct, you would be there alone. Turkeys Galore, up to 25-30 pounders. Strict 140 or better bow only deer QDM in place.

Currently there are 4 friends in this lease. Seeking one, possibly two more Max.

See opening thread for strict details.
    ttt

so basically. you want 2 suckers to pay to hunt 10 days early season so you and your buddies can hunt the rest of the season............

if you find them 2 guy's ask if they have any brothers and send them my way.
    RIP ZAP 11-11-2010

Where about in zone 6 are you and does the same $ include Iowa residents? Just curious. May be losing my prime spot this year to realestate developers........ and weighing my other options.

Quote Originally Posted by SANDBAGGER View Post
    Where about in zone 6 are you and does the same $ include Iowa residents? Just curious. May be losing my prime spot this year to realestate developers........ and weighing my other options.
    Same money for anyone.

Thread will be closed 4/16, as I am leaving for property in AM an will be unavailable on AT until then. PM's only please. I will respond when I return.