Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hal Shockey

Hal Shockey

Did anyone watch Jim Shockey's hunting tonight? He took his father Hal hunting Alaskan moose. First, they were going to be riding in the Argo and Hal put his helmet on backwards. When they find some moose, Hal and Jim put a 2 mile stalk on them. Hal's first shot hits the moose in the antler, but his second shot drops him. Man, I just hope I make it to 80 let alone be hunting like that. It would really be fun to meet Hal that guy is a hoot.

USUALLY THE HUNTERS THAT WERE NEVER ANY GOOD AT HUNTING WILL SHOOT A SPIKE.they just dont know any better and never will amount to anything .......sproulman
    I think meat hunters is another name for "Bad Hunter" or "Low Patience Hunter"....grfox
    Meat hunter=Don't have time/and or patience to hold out for mature buck.....173BC

The shows that Jim does with his father and father-in-law are AWESOME! They are so funny!
    Never take life too seriously...nobody gets out alive!!

Not a big Jim Shockey fan but that is pretty great!

Hal is one funny guy. I wonder if he is trying to be funny or is he like that all the time. If he is like that all the time I would be in stitches laughing all day.

Octogenarian hunters. I did see that show a while back.

i love the episodes with him in it they are great

I love that episode!!! Its so funny.

Only hunts on TV I watch are Shockey and Nuge. Quite the contrast. Shockey is the man, he is quite the shot with that prohunter.

The episodes with his dad in them are by far my favorites, always funny to watch! '94
    Proud daddy of Kennedy and Cooper!!
    Stealth Archery Staff Shooter
    www.stealtharchery.com

even though its not bow i think shockeys show is one of the best there is, and the ones with his dad and that dudes buddy take the cake..
    OZONICS- proof that with leased land, and enough technology, even Tom Nelson and Jay Gregory can actually kill something.

That was a rerun. I saw it when it first aired, and watched it again tonight. Too COOL!

The difference in Jim's show, and most hunting shows is that he's not shooting one 150+ class whittail deer after another every week. His hunts are always two things; varied, and extreme.

You should see him hunt a mountain goat, and a Corsican ram.
    ... and just so you know... Mega-Lefty here! ---->>>>
    The safest person in a gun free zone is the one with a gun.

I think the show is great and Hal is a real funny guy and I hope to see more of him on the shows
    Pick a spot, a small spot!

Quote Originally Posted by old Graybeard View Post
    I think the show is great and Hal is a real funny guy and I hope to see more of him on the shows
    AGREED.
    ... and just so you know... Mega-Lefty here! ---->>>>
    The safest person in a gun free zone is the one with a gun.

I thought it was hilarious. It was funny when Hal walks up to the moose and doesn't really have a reaction and Jim yells at him saying he just killed the biggest moose of his life. Hal is the man!!!
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

best part was when he was answering view mail, especially when he said Jim had a mullet hair cut and his was a real man's hair cut....

that old man is funny as heck....loved it!
    "A drinking camp with a hunting problem....yup, that's it!"
    "Sir, I may be drunk, but you're crazy, and I'll be hungover or passed out tomorrow!"

Thumbs up

I missed that show but I like Jim Shockey's shows in general.
    ArcheryTalk is a Gun Free Zone. Check out www.GunTalkWorld.com for gun related items.
    Sending payment via PayPal Gift option? Bad idea

I will admit, I saw the title of this thread and was worried about were it was gonna go. Hal is an aunry old man for sure. I figured someone would jump on him for cursing, and disrespect. I say the man is 80 years old, he has earned the right to say and think how he wants.

I to hope I am still alive at 80 let alone shooting giant alaskan moose

The old guy is living life to its fullest! Wish I have that much energy at 80! Way to go Hal! Love seeing shows like that!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

I figured someone would jump on him for cursing, and disrespect.

Not at all. I get a kick out of how Jim always has to tell Hal to cool it.
    USUALLY THE HUNTERS THAT WERE NEVER ANY GOOD AT HUNTING WILL SHOOT A SPIKE.they just dont know any better and never will amount to anything .......sproulman
    I think meat hunters is another name for "Bad Hunter" or "Low Patience Hunter"....grfox
    Meat hunter=Don't have time/and or patience to hold out for mature buck.....173BC

There is another hilarious episode when Jim takes his dad and one of his dad's old buddies hunting. I can't remember what they were hunting but the two old boys were having a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bus33 View Post
    There is another hilarious episode when Jim takes his dad and one of his dad's old buddies hunting. I can't remember what they were hunting but the two old boys were having a ball.
    i've seen that one, they remind me of the guys from "Grumpier Old Men" classic hunting episode when they were together with Jim...
    "A drinking camp with a hunting problem....yup, that's it!"
    "Sir, I may be drunk, but you're crazy, and I'll be hungover or passed out tomorrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by bus33 View Post
    They were in Canada hunting deer from a blind. When they werent fighting, they were snoring! I love watching those guys!! Kinda hard to stage footage like that!
    TJ

Besides the obvious, like your hunting with your father, the best thing I think about the whole show is how un-use to the camera his father is. Like when he comes out of the cabin and Jim's s itting in the Argo and the old man asks "Do I have to wear this piece of crap" and he points to his helmet. or when his father is walking away from the downed moose and Jim says "Father you cant turn your back on millions of viewers" and the ole guy just shrugs and waves. It was great and I'm glad Shockey left him and all the "un-cut" stuff in there.
    Sab

I love Jim Shockeys shows. He is very real and true to himself. I would love to be able to afford to go on a guided hunt with him even though I do not think I can keep up with him. I love to watch him stalk an animal. You can tell he truely loves what he is doing.
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance
    '07 Bear Element
    Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Great show!!

I had a blast watching that show last night. The look my wife gave me when I was laughing about leaving his wife at home was priceless!!
    Mathews EZ7 -A/C/C 3-49 - 286 fps
    Grave Digger's - QAD - HHA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast