Thread: lighted nocks and arrow flight?????

lighted nocks and arrow flight?????

I always hear everyone say that the various lighted nocks make no difference in arrow flight. How can this really be the case? When you are adding 16-24 grains to the very end of an arrow, how can that not make a pretty significant difference in flight, especially at longer distances? I can understand flight being the same at 20 yards or so, but is it really the same out to 40 plus yards? Anybody done any good field tests?

"His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

I know someone who uses lumenocks on ics hunters. doesn't seem to affect arrow flight at all

I have the home made lighted nocks and it doesn't make any difference. Hit's the same as the one without out to 40 yards.

i ALWAYS retune when using lighted nocks ,
    i guess i just dont want to take any chances.
    PSE REVENGE

firenocks

ALL HAIL THE DAVE OF WYVERN

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterhunting View Post
    I have the home made lighted nocks and it doesn't make any difference. Hit's the same as the one without out to 40 yards.
    Same here...
    JBK BOWSTRINGS With the 24 Month Guarantee on All sets of strings!
    www.jbkstrings.com

2014-2015 Team #24 - Team Center Punch

my brother shot his and it dropped him a little bit...
    Id turned into a (expletive) liberal, a half-assed, no-logic nitwit, all heart, no brain, and the judgment of a jack rabbit."
    -Marcus Luttrell

Not "Noticeable" is what most mean

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
    I always hear everyone say that the various lighted nocks make no difference in arrow flight. How can this really be the case? When you are adding 16-24 grains to the very end of an arrow, how can that not make a pretty significant difference in flight, especially at longer distances? I can understand flight being the same at 20 yards or so, but is it really the same out to 40 plus yards? Anybody done any good field tests?
    To make "no difference in arrow flight" as close as the statement stated, one need to make a nock as close to no true change to before the lighted nock was introduce as possible or compensate with true innovations.

Most lighted nock in the market is an after thought to the nock. Or an add on or modification to the nocks that is available in the market. i.e. most of the nocks are not design from the ground up to be a lighted nock.

Then there is physics. Weight, mass, friction, center of gravity, and one of the most important factor, the release mechanism of the nock from the string.

IF one can design a nock that is more efficient (assume it can make the arrow faster due to better release mechanism) and added minimum weight; theoretically one can design a lighted nock that could compensate and actually cancel the difference.

I do not have enough equipment to absolute proof that it is the case in Firenocks GSH. That's said, with last field test result we get from customer assure me that with 68 lb draw bow with 425 grains arrow, there is no "Noticeable" difference at 60 yards, 50 yards, 40 yards, 30 yards and definitely not at 20 yards. However we at Firenock do recommended to re-sight the bow if perfection is what you are looking for. That is also why every pack of Firenock comes with matched weight practice nocks.

To be truthful, there is only one way to proof it to yourself if the above claim is indeed true. Get one and test it yourself. Firenock do offer a 30 days no question asked refund policy on its web store http://shop.firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

I use homemade lighted nocks and have tested them out to 60 yards.. Sorry I can't explain why there is no difference between lighted & non..All I know is I don't have to worry about it...

maybe its the FOBs fault

Huge difference!

I say that Lighted nocks will make a Huge difference in the flight of your arrows. Not in the path that the arrow takes, (minimal) but in your ability to veiw and recognize errant flight. When practicing at greater distances, (50 to 60 yds.) ones ability to recognize and then associate a result with an effort is a revolution in tuning. Not only can you see what your equipment is doing, you can also see how you are performing. Instant feedback is the key. The split second that it takes the arrow to reach the target provides a visible path with a "bright" lighted arrow nock. You don't have to pick up your binos to see the results of your efforts, hence, this is a better learning experience.
    As an archer I would always recommend that you practice with each change to your arrow. As a lighted nock maker, (Lumenok) I recommend the use of lighted arrow nocks in practice. You will get more out of it.
    Aim small miss small.

Eric

Lighted nock with auto shut off for practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenok View Post
    I say that Lighted nocks will make a Huge difference in the flight of your arrows. I recommend the use of lighted arrow nocks in practice. You will get more out of it.
    Aim small miss small.

Eric
    I totally agree with what Eric had said. To be frank, there is no better way to practice that using a lighted nock. PERIOD

The only concern many people have is the hassle of shutting off the light when using it for practice. To solve this problem, Firenock offer you the GST "G" series "S"tandard "T"arget nocks. This nocks use a IC circuit and a control resister for timer. It will shut off about 15 seconds after it has been activated. With a 8,000 LUX LED which gives out actual 500 LUX at the tip of the nock, this lighted nock allow you to see up to 65 yard in broad day light (12:00 noon, June, central Illinois) with 20/20 vision.

To make life interesting, we also include 2 different color nocks (red, green) and 2 matched weight for those who want to have multiple arrow with the same weight. And you can get up to six different color nocks as accessories from our web store. They are all field changeable (red, green, yellow, orange, clear, and blue)

Firenock GST is within 1 grain with GSH, "G" series "S"tandard "H"unting nocks. With popular demand, we may role out GSU on July 4th, 2008.
    "G" Series "S"tandard "U"ltimate nock pack may include the followings:
    3 Firenock Hunting circuits
    3 Firenock Target circuits
    7 Firenock 425 pin batteries
    6 matched weight
    6 MIL-spec O-rings
    18 nocks (3 Red, 6 Green, 3 Orange, 3 Clear, and 3 blue polycarbonate nocks)
    and a 3 X 10 weather proof Firenock sticker.
    "PRICE TO SELL" and only available on at Firenock web store and very selected dealers on/or after 4th July 2008.
    Interested? e-mail me for your comment and opinion.

dorgeh@firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Thanks for all the input...especially to Lumenok and Firenock for taking the time to give such thoughtful and helpful replies!
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Quote Originally Posted by sbooy42 View Post
    I use homemade lighted nocks and have tested them out to 60 yards.. Sorry I can't explain why there is no difference between lighted & non..All I know is I don't have to worry about it...

maybe its the FOBs fault
    I guess these guys are better shots than I.
    "Crackerized" 06' Bowtech Tribute, 08' General
    ****** CSS
    Extreme RT 900 >>>------------->
    N.A.P. Sizzor
    Alpine Soft-Loc

Better Shots?

Quote Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
    I guess these guys are better shots than I.
    t4daddy,
    How do you think we became better shots? Heck I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. I have overcome a lot of difficulties in archery, and 10 years of using our invention has helped a lot. I enjoy shooting more, so I shoot more, and with the use of a bright lighted nock I get more from the practice. Therefore I improve. No matter your motivation, if you look for a better way, long enough, you find it.

Eric