a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all those "GUESTS"out on AT......

We have the X FORCE 6",DREAM SEASON 7" and 8.5"(LD)

We are pondering over the date though....I am still aming for the 25th but the jury is still out on that.

Any locals (includind Durban hunters) have any feelings on this??? If we can get the date right it should be a lot of fun for all those hunters and budding 3ders out there.....These bows really are worth the effort...They are on the cutting edge of compound bow technology.....There is no question about that.

So do let me know your thoughts, as time is running out to make this happen. I am very excited to see everyone again and meet as many new brothers and sisters of the bow at this time.

Spatan

www.blackhawkarchery.co.za

It's a go,for the first black hawk showcase....

BLACK HAWK ARCHERY will be showcasing the big three in the X Force hunting bow range as well as other prominent PSE target bows on Friday 25 July (after work).

Come and join us from around 3:30pm onwards at Pecanwood in Birnamwood (just outside Merrivale Heights) for some snacks and a or a few. .

We'll make a short shooting range and give you a chance to see the awesome 3 in action and try your hand too, er yes before the beers

The idea is to introduce archery to those that have heard of the sport but not yet had the opportunity to see what its all about. It will also be a great opportunty meet other archers who may or may not bow hunt.

There will be "Xciting" specials on new bows and equipment, give-aways and a lucky draw for those that arrive and/or decide to invest in their new bow on the evening.

SEE YOU THERE,

Spatan

P.S If you need to talk to me about anything you can contact me on (033) 343 1442.

How many "Guests " have become members of AT resently???

There are still too many no "name brands" out there. Come guy's take the plunge. you will love it....

Hang tough,

Spatan
    Last edited by spatan; July 29th, 2008 at 12:29 PM.

I talking dudes on AT with "no names" not bows but I suppose that would also apply...

Quote Originally Posted by spatan View Post
    There are still too many no "name brands" out there. Come guy's take the plunge. you will love it....

Hang tough,

Spatan
    Do register so we can inter act..... no matter what bow you shoot or don't shoot....er in the case of some

We can certainly ease the pain.....

Spatan

Hey Loyd! when are you going to come out of the closet and tell the guys how you LOVE shooting with my Eagles, to be Extreme!

If you have never shot an Oneida Bow, then you don't know what your missing,
    7 reasons to own an Oneida Bow!!!!

1. You can draw 5-10 lbs more than any other bow due to the super smooth easy draw curve of the bow.

2. The bow is impossible to torque due to everything on the bow being centered on both sides of the string

3. With the wide assortment of modules sent with the bow, I can tailor those modules to give me exactly the % let off I want and the point of cam-over I want.

4. Draw stops

5. No harsh cam-over, this is the smoothest drawing bow in the world.

6. Annual maintenance. Every 5-6000 shots, new string and two cables, $30.00, compare that to today's bows.

7. Penetration power. Because of the Oneida's smooth draw curve, the power stroke is from let go to finish and energy is transferred smoothly to the arrow resulting in greater arrow speed without arrow whip. These bows simply blow thru bone with ease.

Sorry Loyd! just had to have a say!!!
    Bernie!
    Last edited by bern47; August 6th, 2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: bad grammer!!!

Thats all very well, however where are .......

Micheal's Limbs??? If it takes so long to get spares then I would rather shoot a lessor bow. OH and if frightning your opponants with what sounds like a gun shot is part of the Onieda program than I guess its the one. Ear muffs for the rest of us

Where you been???We miss you at club. Its been oddly quiet lately
    See you when we see you.

Have a good weekend,

spatan

Thumbs up Another Alaskan

naand, dit is 'n plesier om jou te ontmoet almal

Man...sure hope I said that right! I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and I have had the pleasure of visiting South Africa on two occassions bowhunting in recent years and I'm already planning my next trip. I'm new to AT, but have hung around reading posts for a while. I didn't realize there was a South Africa Forum or I would have started posting more sooner! I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!

I'm trying to learn some Africaans so I can have some fun communicating with more people on my next trip. However, it's hard to find a tutor in Fairbanks Alaska!

Anyone out there on the South African Police Force? I'm a Detective with the Fairbanks Police Dept.

alle voorspoed jag hierdie jaar
    Last edited by AK145; August 23rd, 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    naand, dit is 'n plesier om jou te ontmoet almal

Man...sure hope I said that right! I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and I have had the pleasure of visiting South Africa on two occassions bowhunting in recent years and I'm already planning my next trip. I'm new to AT, but have hung around reading posts for a while. I didn't realize there was a South Africa Forum or I would have started posting more sooner! I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!

I'm trying to learn some Africaans so I can have some fun communicating with more people on my next trip. However, it's hard to find a tutor in Fairbanks Alaska!

Anyone out there on the South African Police Force? I'm a Detective with the Fairbanks Police Dept.

alle voorspoed jag hierdie jaar
    Goeie dag AK145, jou Afrikaans is glad nie te sleg nie.

Welcome, you should get hold of Bayfield. He is also a member here, and is an American. His Afrikaans has also improved tremendously. I am sure he will be able to give you a few pointers.

I was a detective for about 12 years in the South African Police. I was transfered to the detectives after a stint in the uniformed branch. I was eventually drafted in to the specialized Murder and Robbery unit, of the Serious and Violent Crimes unit of the S.A.P.S. All these units was disbanded with no notice, and without any good reasons. After this I took a transfer to our version of your C.S.I. (L.C.R.C), and became a Forensic Crime Scene Investigator. I did that for a couple of years till I resigned in 2003. I am still a Policeman at heart, and come from a long line of Policeman. Here is two links. If you don't all ready belong to them feel free to join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4789808429 or http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2499186385
    Elite Energy Indoor: 55lb 28" GT Series-22
    Elite E-500 3-D & Field 62lb 28" GT Ultralight 400, 320grains at 299ft/sec.
    Elite E-Force Hunting: 80lb

Hi...have just taken the plunge and "un-guested" myself!

I'm from Hilton, KZN. Spatan, you have far too much time on your hands - you post far too often...don't you work? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushkey View Post
    Goeie dag AK145, jou Afrikaans is glad nie te sleg nie.

Welcome, you should get hold of Bayfield. He is also a member here, and is an American. His Afrikaans has also improved tremendously. I am sure he will be able to give you a few pointers.

I was a detective for about 12 years in the South African Police. I was transfered to the detectives after a stint in the uniformed branch. I was eventually drafted in to the specialized Murder and Robbery unit, of the Serious and Violent Crimes unit of the S.A.P.S. All these units was disbanded with no notice, and without any good reasons. After this I took a transfer to our version of your C.S.I. (L.C.R.C), and became a Forensic Crime Scene Investigator. I did that for a couple of years till I resigned in 2003. I am still a Policeman at heart, and come from a long line of Policeman. Here is two links. If you don't all ready belong to them feel free to join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4789808429 or http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2499186385
    baie dankie Bushkey

I'm working on it and eager to learn and will take all the pointers I can get! What you said is interesting about the problems in the police force. I recently spoke with a balistic expert who came to town for a trial who moved to the US from RSA because he just couldn't deal with the problems in the force like you mentioned. I wish I could remember his name...real nice guy. I will check out those websites for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    baie dankie Bushkey

I'm working on it and eager to learn and will take all the pointers I can get! What you said is interesting about the problems in the police force. I recently spoke with a balistic expert who came to town for a trial who moved to the US from RSA because he just couldn't deal with the problems in the force like you mentioned. I wish I could remember his name...real nice guy. I will check out those websites for sure.
    I know some of the Ballistics guys. I might know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushkey View Post
    I know some of the Ballistics guys. I might know him.
    His office was in California. I will find out on Monday and get back to you.

Well, it seems toibe time well spent....

Quote Originally Posted by bracken View Post
    Hi...have just taken the plunge and "un-guested" myself!

I'm from Hilton, KZN. Spatan, you have far too much time on your hands - you post far too often...don't you work? :-)
    It got you out of the wood work didnt it...

(I have been labled a "desk jocky" before to day, still don't know why, being a landscaper I possibly spend more time out side than most).
    I just manage to fit more in to my day because of my love for all things archery.

Welcome to AT mate....

Spatan

P.S Black Hawk staff are hunting next week, some of us to "The Tugela Valley" and others to Newcastle....its gonna be awesome, Hennie will be hunting his X force LD, Doc his AR Valocity, Kurt his AR 35 and the X force Original for me.)

Wow Spatan, you even respond on a Saturday...you really are an AT addict!!! I'm sure they have help for people like you! You look like such an outdoors guy in all your camo yet that computer is never far from reach it seems
    LOL...I'll see you on Monday! Yes, it is me Claire...the silly girl who got her arm in the way of the string 3 TIMES!!! I look seriously abused! I should post my war wounds - it really looks yucky!

Hey Lloyd. Took my Mojo out for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately, it is raining again today. Yep, so far there have been 3 days of no rain in 3 months. The Kiwis are thoroughly sick of the weather, which is the only hope we have that this is not normal. Summer promises to be much, much better!
    James Mitchell
    Life has many choices. Eternity only has two.

Hallo Bushkey,

Hoe gaan dit? Lanklaas met jou gepraat! En baie dankie vir die bemoedigend en vriendlike woorde. My kennis van Afrikaans is jammer steeds beperk, en ek is nog beslis in die leermodus ten opsigte van Afrikaans om te skryf. Maar, jy is reg. Dit raak beter en beter. My beste raad vir AK145 is die "African Bowhunting Forums" om te lees. Ek dink dat is die beste Afrikaans kursus. There are some Afrikaans - English dictionaries on the internet too, but they are not very good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfield View Post
    Hallo Bushkey,

Hoe gaan dit? Lanklaas met jou gepraat! En baie dankie vir die bemoedigend en vriendlike woorde. My kennis van Afrikaans is jammer steeds beperk, en ek is nog beslis in die leermodus ten opsigte van Afrikaans om te skryf. Maar, jy is reg. Dit raak beter en beter. My beste raad vir AK145 is die "African Bowhunting Forums" om te lees. Ek dink dat is die beste Afrikaans kursus. There are some Afrikaans - English dictionaries on the internet too, but they are not very good in my opinion.
    Hi Bayfield. Ek is baie bly en opgewonde oor die kwaliteit van jou Afrikaans. Dit het werklik verskriklik verbeter. As ek nie van beter geweet het nie sou ek gesweer het ek praat met 'n "Boetjie". Congratulations and well done, your grammar is also improving in leaps and bounds.

Ons praat weer. If I just knew how to get my skype going we could have a full on Afrikaans conversation.

Hey Matat.. you need to design your mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by Matatazela View Post
    Hey Lloyd. Took my Mojo out for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately, it is raining again today. Yep, so far there have been 3 days of no rain in 3 months. The Kiwis are thoroughly sick of the weather, which is the only hope we have that this is not normal. Summer promises to be much, much better!
    A rain jacket mate

You will look like those chicks at the Olympics

Spatan

Quote Originally Posted by bracken View Post
    Wow Spatan, you even respond on a Saturday...you really are an AT addict!!! I'm sure they have help for people like you! You look like such an outdoors guy in all your camo yet that computer is never far from reach it seems
    LOL...I'll see you on Monday! Yes, it is me Claire...the silly girl who got her arm in the way of the string 3 TIMES!!! I look seriously abused! I should post my war wounds - it really looks yucky!
    Mocking your coach is quite brave of you.... another 3 "snake bites" in quick succession can be arranged.....Just kidding

Spatan

P.s "Achery ... mear mm between perfect and pain" By the way you are doing great, keep it up.

Half of the team got off to thier hunting destination...

However I will only in a day or two now. I am having a canopy fitted to my bukkie and that will only be completed this afternoon. I also have a tender to get out before friday so I have my work cut out for me. I guess I will saver the moments when a I do get away more fully

Spatan

Hi all

Hi All, I haven't posted until now because I've been too busy reading... and reading... and reading...

Very new to the game and man there's a lot to absorb all at once! I want to buy a bow ASAP (I think I've made my decision but I'll start another thread about that). I'm having to make my equipment choices without hands-on 'feel' because firstly I'm in Knysna (good bowshops are a long, long way away), secondly I want a lighter draw target bow (70 pound hunting bows are all I've seen in shops and I'm such a sissie I can't even draw them), thirdly I'm a lefty (and lefty bows are generally a special order). So I'm looking at numbers, specs, pictures and opinions.

All the forums are a great resource though, I've learned a lot in a short time. I also found This Site which helped a lot in explaining what's what in plain terms without all the marketing-bull that seems to smother everything these days.

I've been researching for weeks, got bow specifications and sales jargon coming out of my ears! I've come to the conclusion that all these product manufacturers have just one guy actually designing and developing the product and a whole department of 'creative writing' experts making up fancy proprietary trade-names for every little feature on the in thing he designs. They screw 2 bits together because it's cheaper to make it that way and then describe it as "AMD Advanced modular design with with Ultra-Fix(tm) technology" or they drill a big hole to lighten something and call it "Featuring AGS - the new patented Anti-Gravity-System for ultrafast accuracy"... sheesh... it's exhausting!!

That's why the forum discussions are so useful for getting past that stuff and hearing which one works better and why.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have found this community, hope to drop in often.

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by bownarra View Post
    They screw 2 bits together because it's cheaper to make it that way and then describe it as "AMD Advanced modular design with with Ultra-Fix(tm) technology" or they drill a big hole to lighten something and call it "Featuring AGS - the new patented Anti-Gravity-System for ultrafast accuracy"... sheesh... it's exhausting!!
    Priceless !!

Welcome bownarra!
    Hope you carry on entertaining us with witty and insightfull posts like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by bownarra View Post
    Hi All, I haven't posted until now because I've been too busy reading... and reading... and reading...

Very new to the game and man there's a lot to absorb all at once! I want to buy a bow ASAP (I think I've made my decision but I'll start another thread about that). I'm having to make my equipment choices without hands-on 'feel' because firstly I'm in Knysna (good bowshops are a long, long way away), secondly I want a lighter draw target bow (70 pound hunting bows are all I've seen in shops and I'm such a sissie I can't even draw them), thirdly I'm a lefty (and lefty bows are generally a special order). So I'm looking at numbers, specs, pictures and opinions.

All the forums are a great resource though, I've learned a lot in a short time. I also found This Site which helped a lot in explaining what's what in plain terms without all the marketing-bull that seems to smother everything these days.

I've been researching for weeks, got bow specifications and sales jargon coming out of my ears! I've come to the conclusion that all these product manufacturers have just one guy actually designing and developing the product and a whole department of 'creative writing' experts making up fancy proprietary trade-names for every little feature on the in thing he designs. They screw 2 bits together because it's cheaper to make it that way and then describe it as "AMD Advanced modular design with with Ultra-Fix(tm) technology" or they drill a big hole to lighten something and call it "Featuring AGS - the new patented Anti-Gravity-System for ultrafast accuracy"... sheesh... it's exhausting!!

That's why the forum discussions are so useful for getting past that stuff and hearing which one works better and why.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have found this community, hope to drop in often.

Grant
    Have to agree. Great first post. Now you are going to have to improve.

Welcome aboad Dude...theres always room for one more...

HI bownarra,

The archery world is a very competitive place, so naming something is important. there is also a huge variety of acceseries to choose from catering for every individual and price range.
    After all archery is a journey that one embarks on and to save us from becoming jaded there is always the next step in to advance ourselves and relieve us of our money inevitabley(not in a bad way though, most most of us need the fix)

We have a Red left hand PSE Mojo 60# on the rack. It was the top of the line in 2006/7. I am still shooting one today. I did Provisionally order a the new PSE Money maker but now will hold off to see the new 2009 range?(there were none available at the time of my interest and my Mojo was and still is working beautifully.

Enjoy the search and remember to get some one who knows to set you up and show you the right way to shoot( go onto the general archery forum and search "form" , Nuts & Bolts is the AT Guru on the subject.)

Take care,

Spatan
    Last edited by spatan; September 1st, 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

We have a Red left hand PSE Mojo 60# on the rack.
    ... I did Provisionally order a the new PSE Money maker but now will hold off to see the new 2009 range?(there were none available at the time of my interest) ...
    Bummer! As I have no interest in hunting, the Moneymaker is what I had pretty-much decided on. It's flippen spendy though, I think when they named it 'moneymaker' PSE was looking at it more from their point of view than mine. And apparently it's considered to be the ugliest bow on the market. Funny that, when it's about the only bow on the market that's actually bow-shaped. I quite like the shape, but then I'm an architect so my aesthetic taste is probably a bit twisted.

What chance of finding 50# limbs for that Mojo? I'm a really skinny guy and I'm fairly certain I would shoot better at 40-50# rather than straining a poepstring shooting at 50-60#, particularly while I'm learning correct technique. I know how hard it can be to un-learn bad habits.

...and remember to get some one who knows to set you up and show you the right way to shoot
    Yup, I think I'm in good hands here as far as a mentor goes, just need my own bow so I can shoot more than once a week (with a little borrowed bare Genesis). He also reckons I should shoot 40-50#.

bownarra

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast