Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To all those "GUESTS"out on AT......

Hi there again Bownarra....

I will ask PSE for some 40-50# limbs if you like and convert this "Mojo 3D"into a straight Mojo, You won't look back. For two reasons the slightly slower Mojo with its 8" brace hieght is alot more shooter friendly than its twin the Mojo 3D.

My original purchase was the 3D version and I set it up to shoot the bow hunter category but I never enjoyed it at all....So I converted it to the straight Mojo and set it up for the Freestyle category and have been very happy with that decision.

The other reason is cost...you will be able to set it up with very nice accessories and it will still be about R4000,00 cheaper than the Money Maker set up with all the essentials. The PSE Mojo that is being offered to you will essentially be brand new. The strings and limbs will have never been shot - unless you ask us to set it up for you.

Take care,

Spatan

PS we are not talking hunting at all here only a very pretty 2006/07 Red LH PSE Mojo 3D to be converted to a Mojo NH 40-50# Target bow.
    Last edited by spatan; September 3rd, 2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: adding the PS

Ja, ja, Spatan, I can just imagine you rubbing your hands together, digging around for all the old stuff to offload on the new guy

Just kidding, the mojo looks like it'll be just the ticket.

Had another good chat with your delightful wife today, I'm really looking forward to seeing the suggested package you guys come up with.

Later

bownarra

ja I found it hanging in our store room..theres about ..six inches of dust on it..

That will have to chip off it... now that was a joke... if the truth be told if it had been a right hand bow, we would not be chatting about it now. The Package that my "delightful wife" has put together includes awesome accessaries which will make the total package wieght in at a healthy 15000,00 or so thousand, the same package on a Money Maker will increase in price by what extra you will pay for that bow for not much more in delivery...yes those 12" limbs are arguably the best limbs PSE has ever produced but be that as it may.....

In my opinion you will not benefit as an archer any more for the extra 4000 to 5000 thousand you will spend on the bow(Money Maker setup the same). You can actually afford to set up the Mojo with less exciting equipment and still have a winner i.e opt for a nice pin sight rather than a Shibuya sight bracket and cartel scope, you could also down grade the stabilizer from 32" freestyle to a 12" hunter version.

We both have competed in the local and some national fita compititions in both styles and I believe the Mojo was designed to be set up freestyle...Having said that my partner whips my ass with pins so it all up to the wallet and the shooter mate.

A left hand, anything in top end that has adjustable D/L and with new limbs is almost impossible to find.

Spatan
    Last edited by spatan; September 3rd, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Have you recovered yet.....?

or are you still on the floor out cold after hearing some prices? Only you can determine where you would like to enter the sport....Know this though you will have a serious amount of fun what ever you choose.

Even that Bare Genisis will work if set up with some cheap accessaries....

take care,

Spatan

Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa

Long time no see Spatan

Hi Spatan

I miss you guys at the club.Been busy with shift work,and shift always over laps with events you guys at the club plan.

I still love flinging arrows,still love my baby (AR 35).

Hi to all the AT fans.Keep those arrows flying.

Bushhat

We miss you too mate....

We were at the range on Sunday ... the weather was hot but not windy so Hennie and I repaired and replaced butts. We had a picnic under the trees it was great... there were some new people that joined us so we had a excellent day.

We will slowly get more and more organized(club house etc etc)....the more people that attend the more fun it will be for all.

Have a great day,

Spatan

BlACK HAWK ARCHERY NEWS.....

Lindy and I will be away from the 18th to the 22nd of September 2008,

The Shop will still be open dering normal business hours so if you need any odds and ends do feel free to call in...

BLACK HAWK ARCHERY is celedrating her 3 birthday on the 18th and 19th of October 2008.....

We are planning a "achery campout" where all are welcome...for those that book early there are two self contained self-catering units available on site (other accommodation for those not wanting to camp can be arranged through Black hawk Archery) ...the rest of us are going to rough it...Tents and caravans are welcome...Ablutions will be rudamentry but available to everyone...

It will be two full days packed with archery activities where great sponcered prizers will be up[ for grabs.(for those that missed the south coast weekend you have bee warned)

more detials will follow....(check out our web site)

Hope to see you there....

Spatan

Another "little cold spell"....

We were going down the wild coast but cancelled due to poor weather forecast. Lindy, our Kids and I will go up to our farm and to start to put some Ideas together for the BHA campout and archery fun weekend. plenty to do in preperation for a wicked archery filled fun weekend.

for everyone else have a great one,

Spatan

PS I dont under stand why there are not more SA,ATers on today with the weather the way it is. I think we all work too hard?

Right...this is where we are right now....

We (PMB ARCHERY CLUB)has officially moved into our new club house... It still needs some "home comforts" fitted but I am sure our members will rally around and bring what ever useful odd and ends they have lying around there homes for us to use at our new spot.

I guess the 18th and 19th will serve as a roof wetting as well We still gotta fit a toilet door to the ladies....We don't wont Dudes walking in...and going "er sorry I thought this was an "exibit""

We are really hoping people will grab some friends and a tent and come join us even if they are not archers yet....There is ample space and even if it rains we will have plenty to do, so there no need to be scaning the weather forecast..what do they know anyway??

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPDATES......

Spatan

Hi to all
    My name is Paul, I currently live in Germany, I manage to get back there once a year for a hunt and visiting friends and family.

Its great to join this forum, and chat with fellow S Africans.

Cheers

Hallo Paul,

Herzlich willkommen hier im SA Archery Talk.

Thanks Karoojager

JO ,mate how you doing.....?

Welcome aboard Paul, good to meet you...Badger SA is an awesome cyber name cos you gotta be thick skinned and fiesty to operate successfully here on AT....

But seriously its great fun...What manner of machine do you wield?

Spatan

Thanks Spatan

I have an X-Force 6 , and just got an SS about a 2months ago, I am really happy with the family of PSE's

I just wish I could do a bit more hunting with the bows, I chat to friends in Nelspruit and hear there are off hunting for the day or weekend, it drives me wild.

Later
    Badger

I also own the X Force 6"....

And like you, I don't get to hunt as much as I would like..... it is a magic bow though. I was setting up a new Dream Season client this morning with his new bow and it was great to see him beaming from ear to ear after only a few shots. Man they are impressive...

I have ordered 3 X force Dream season GX and 2 X force GX for starters.... It will be interesting to see how much better they actually are, compared to the 2007/08 models???

My wife comes from the Nelspriut/ White River area, I don't know the place that well though...We also have family living in Germany. Been there (to Berlin)once as the Wall was coming down.was cold but fun.

Our next big calander event will be the "Black hawk bash" we are busy arranging a famliy archery come social weekend so we can expand our friends base. I am so looking forward to renewing and making new friend at this time..

Spatan
    Last edited by spatan; October 4th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Hi Spatan

I think it will be interesting to how different the feel of the news bows are?, they seem to have this new camo (Digital camo) thats should be interesting to see how that takes off. I have my eyes on the Bow madness bow , but the problem with this sport is it is not cheap.

The friend off mine lives behing Sudwala caves they have a huge farm, Plantations and a mill. and we often went hunting near Malelane at another friends farm. but the city(town) itself i dont know to well.

I had to bring a bit of SA to germany this is in our garden
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/IMG_4724.jpg
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/IMG_4721.jpg
    The only thing i need here is a potjie pot dstv so i can wtch the rugby then im set

I would love to move back to SA, But politically its a one mess up ( I have a better descrip ) and that we all know .
    I had a look at your website very nice , thats a nice bushy that Trevorr shot

chat later

Badger

It is as you say ..."comlicated"....

Too much "power play" instead of getting down to the business of creating jobs and running the country properly....You also got to wonder why there is a US nuclear air craft carrier anchered up in our waters? Seems to me they shouldn't be wasting gas on "friendly"visits they know jolly well they can not afford it.

I like your little slice of Africa in your garden mate. I have a No 20 "falkirk" pot in my garden... great for potjie.

I did visit the Saldwala caves with my wife and kids some time ago they were very impressive as I recall.

Gotta go, must continue those BHA Birthday Bash plans.

So long, well catch up later then?

Spatan
    Last edited by spatan; October 7th, 2008 at 04:59 AM.

Introduce

Spatan, as you can see from my signature I am who I am glad to meet all of you from SA
    Bob Borges
    NFAA Southwest Sectional Councilman
    Pro Staff for Black Eagle Arrows and Rock Solid Stabilizers
    Gator Vanes
    Air Force Veteran

Welcome to our little piece of "cyberspace".....

Good to meet you Squire, hope you will enjoy our company.

Would be nice if we could know some more about you...Like...Where do you come form, your favourite things? what you hold close to your heart? What makes you grim or miserable? What gets you going?

Again it is awesome to meet you, hope to have many hours of fun conversation with you.

Take care,

Spatan

hey spartan

how goes it with u...

many thanks for the weekend what an amazing venue

hope to have many more outings up there and hope to for kzns first bow lodge...

lets do it a spatan

Thanks my friend....

We had an awesome weekend. How are you faring with you new draw length?
    You need to start preparing for the Kzn Indoor champs. set your bow down and start practicing those 18m shots, the spot must be no bigger than a 20c piece.

To all those that came out to the farm to join us. We hope you had as much fun as we did. I believe this last weekend was the start of many good things to come, for those that want a day or weekend out in the freash air away for the regular hum-drum of life in the city.

Thank you once again to all for their loyalty and moral support in our endevours to make archery as accessable to the whole family as possible. It is a fantastic way to enhance the life for the whole family not to mention the frienships that can be forged out of freindly competition.

To all those that missed out ,...maybe next time we will beale to enjoy your company too??

spatan

pictures.....where are the pics????? yeah.....the kzn indoors in 2 weeks

KZN Indoor champs are apon us again... 18 September, rally your men... The battle will be commensed on the hour of 9, so ner you tary... and beware of the treachery at hand ...look to your equipment ... it would be a pity for you to be found wanting....

"The next time you see the Spatan extend his hand....there will be a bow in't.....so look to your loyalties "friend".......... "

Spatan

24. Dag sê manne en minnine.

Stephan du Plessis hier, ek het 'n hut in die Tsitsikamma bos, het my eerste proper boog gekoop Desember laas jaar alhoewel ek al lankal een begeer.
    Het hom nog nie bloed maak proe nie maar is hard aan die oefen juis daarvoor.

Lekker om hier deel te kan wees.

Groette.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234