a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Arrow rest and Burger Button - Where?

Arrow rest and Burger Button - Where?

OK, if it's not spelled "Burger," cut me some slack.
    I always thought the place to start was with the arrow covering all but the bottom 1/4th of the hole. Is that right? Is that a good place to start tuning?

I try to center the arrow over the hole, basically covering the hole evenly top to bottom.
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer Dad View Post
    OK, if it's not spelled "Burger," cut me some slack.
    I always thought the place to start was with the arrow covering all but the bottom 1/4th of the hole. Is that right? Is that a good place to start tuning?
    Not necessarily... the arrow hasn't been tied to the Berger button since we quit using one.... However, I place my nock point so that the center of the nock is level to the center of the Berger button hole or very slightly above the center... Then use my rest to adjust the arrow flight.. I find this to give me the best balance of the bow in my hand...

Different bows react differently to the height of the arrow because the Berger hole is closer to or farther from the center of the string. On my 82nd I tried everything under the sun trying to get the speed the bow was advertised at. When I went from slightly high on the Berger hole to slightly low on the hole I picked up 12 fps instantly. The center of the string is still about 1/2 inch lower than that but because of the goofy way Bowtech makes the shelf with the trough in the center that is as low as I can go and still get clearance.